Best Treestand of 2013: Ol' Man The Drone

$400; (olmanoutdoors.com) Fans of climbers should drool over The Drone, a stand that can be quickly and safely leveled during an ascent. Handles located on the top and bottom platforms can be turned easily to adjust to a tapering tree—a groundbreaking advance that not only increases safety but maximizes comfort. The Drone also collapses to a slim 4-inch profile that makes packing to a distant ridge a snap. With a Comfortech seat and slick accessory hangers, The Drone is that rare climber that offers a hunter comfort as well as maximum portability. --Scott Bestul

CLICK HERE For the rest of this year's Best of the Best Winners!

from Bioguy01 wrote 39 weeks 5 days ago

Seriously? This beast weighs in at 22 lbs! I'm sorry, but this has no place in my pack. Ol' Man climbers are surely loaded with features...but they miss the point of having a climber in the first place...mobility.

from jwillard wrote 39 weeks 1 day ago

I agree bioguy, I always like the feature set of Ol' Man stands, but the weight cost is way to high. I went from a heavy Summitt classic, to a Lone Wolf w/climbing sticks, down to a Summit OpenShot...getting lighter each time. I may pack a climber in for an all day sit during key times of the year, but a majority of the time mobility and the ability to carry it easily long distances is a must.

from buckhunter wrote 37 weeks 4 days ago

Go to the Olman Website and watch and listen to the guy setting up this stand. As with most hollow aluminum stands it's too noisy for my taste.

22lbs is about the same as a larger Summit climber.

from Bioguy01 wrote 37 weeks 3 days ago

I have the Summit OpenShot as well...it's only 15 lbs. Heck TimberTall (a small company out of PA) makes stands that are even lighter.

from Savageshot wrote 37 weeks 2 days ago

at 22 lbs ill stick to my openshot. gets the award for innovation, but not best of the best.

from Bioguy01 wrote 39 weeks 5 days ago

from jwillard wrote 39 weeks 1 day ago

from buckhunter wrote 37 weeks 4 days ago

22lbs is about the same as a larger Summit climber.

from Bioguy01 wrote 37 weeks 3 days ago