Why You Should Practice Shooting Your Bow From Your Knees

Shooting from your knees is a bread-and-butter shot stance for western bowhunters. But whitetail hunters are wise to practice it as well. Outside of standing flat-footed, this is about as steady a shooting stance as you can get. Using your knees, you can square up to the target and maintain near-perfect form.

But it's useful from a tactical hunting standpoint as well. It's low-profile and comfortable, so once you're there, you can stay there for some time. Whether you're still-hunting or shooting from a ground blind, the kneeling shot is definitely one to practice.

from Live4Bowhunting wrote 21 weeks 2 days ago

I have practiced like this for years and I have a 5 gal bucket to practice shooting sitting down. Sometimes there is no time or option to stand up in a tree stand. When I first moved to where I live now I starting shooting with my neighbor who was getting ready for a caribou hunt and he laughed when I told him to shoot from his knees,but did any ways mainly I think just to try and out shoot me. When he got back he gave me a big hug and thanked me because that is how he had to shoot his caribou

from Live4Bowhunting wrote 21 weeks 2 days ago

from Live4Bowhunting wrote 21 weeks 2 days ago

from Live4Bowhunting wrote 21 weeks 2 days ago

Dadgumb multiple post! Sorry guys.

from moniteaukid wrote 21 weeks 1 day ago

I shot a doe this year while sitting in my stand. She came in fast (being chased by a young buck) and there wasn't any time. I just grabbed my bow off the hanger and shot. I have never shot a critter sitting before and, other than kneeling in my blind, I have never shot anything but from a standing position. I was a little surprised, but very pleased. There sure is something to having a draw weight you can handle while sitting.

from Live4Bowhunting wrote 21 weeks 2 days ago

from Live4Bowhunting wrote 21 weeks 2 days ago

from Live4Bowhunting wrote 21 weeks 2 days ago

from Live4Bowhunting wrote 21 weeks 2 days ago

Dadgumb multiple post! Sorry guys.

from moniteaukid wrote 21 weeks 1 day ago