Cabela’s Stock Shoots Up 17 Percent

Field Notes

February 24, 2009

Cabela’s Stock Shoots Up 17 Percent

By Dave Hurteau

Apparently, not all stocks are toxic right now.

From Forbes:

Shares of outdoor sports equipment retailer Cabela's Inc. jumped 17 percent in premarket trading Friday after the company's results beat expectations and an analyst said clearance sales of firearms helped shore up the company's balance sheet.

from 60256 wrote 5 years 7 weeks ago

People are stockin up. Whether or not it's neccessary is to be determined.

Nate

from Mike Diehl wrote 5 years 7 weeks ago

Firearms sales are up. Outdoor gear sales are up. Once again it looks like gun owners and sportsmen are the ones with the most common sense, since they're the ones who aren't overspent.

from wallofsam wrote 5 years 7 weeks ago

What about Bass Pro Shops? I'm curious to see how they have done. The great american outdoorsman is also the hardest working man/woman in U.S.A. that's why we we still have money to spend and fuel the economy. It's just to bad there isn't more clothing Made in America at these to stores, otherwise I'd be buying my clothes there too!

from steve182 wrote 5 years 7 weeks ago

This is great. Shows you that outdoormen are the heart and soul of this country. Politicians take note

from Dan the Man wrote 5 years 7 weeks ago

Hell, why do you think gun sales went up? We all know Obama wants to raise firearms taxes, so we all buy our guns before that happens.

from herbie57_57 wrote 5 years 7 weeks ago

Maybe we should start investing money in companies like this that are making money instead of bailing out companies that are losing money.

from s-kfry wrote 5 years 7 weeks ago

I'm surprised they didn't report higher earnings!

from hnestle wrote 5 years 7 weeks ago

Well I can see how this happens. When thing get tight I save on thing I don't need, drive less, eat out less, and stop the vacations and going out. My life is the outdoors and in my book the bills come first, the hobbies come second, and the other stuff can of to *ell for all I care.

from 60256 wrote 5 years 7 weeks ago

herbie57_57 nailed it on the spot.

Nate

from peter wrote 5 years 7 weeks ago

we must stock up before oboma ruins us

from peter wrote 5 years 7 weeks ago

we must stock up before oboma ruins us

from Love2Hunt wrote 5 years 6 weeks ago

I think we all know why firearm sales are up. High capacity magazine sales are probably up too. I bet that not only is Cabela's selling a ton of guns, all the other places probably are too. If anyone is looking for a good price on a gun, check Gander Mountain. They also have the price match and then they beat it deal too.

from Ye ole Coaste wrote 5 years 6 weeks ago

Usall nailed like an ole time carpenter!! Better safe than sorry- form some reloading groups and save big $$ on cost. lotsa ways 4the comman man 2 succed. Good Luck god Bless YOC

from elkhunterny wrote 4 years 25 weeks ago

I agree with Love2Hunt Gander Mountain is a good choice for purchasing firearms and other outdoor gear. I even talked them down on the price of a pronghorn decoy. I guess they were not moving too fast here in NY.

from herbie57_57 wrote 5 years 7 weeks ago

from Mike Diehl wrote 5 years 7 weeks ago

from steve182 wrote 5 years 7 weeks ago

from Dan the Man wrote 5 years 7 weeks ago

from peter wrote 5 years 7 weeks ago

we must stock up before oboma ruins us

from Love2Hunt wrote 5 years 6 weeks ago

from 60256 wrote 5 years 7 weeks ago

People are stockin up. Whether or not it's neccessary is to be determined.

Nate

from wallofsam wrote 5 years 7 weeks ago

from s-kfry wrote 5 years 7 weeks ago

I'm surprised they didn't report higher earnings!

from hnestle wrote 5 years 7 weeks ago

from 60256 wrote 5 years 7 weeks ago

herbie57_57 nailed it on the spot.

Nate