Video Tip: Know The Maximum Distance of Your Deer Call

Whitetail 365

December 06, 2010

Video Tip: Know The Maximum Distance of Your Deer Call

By Scott Bestul

Scott Bestul shows how to test your deer call so you know its effective range.

from steve182 wrote 3 years 19 weeks ago

If a deer looks in my direction after i grunt at him, i take that as an indication he heard me. Keep in mind their hearing is probably more acute than ours.

from Bassmasterking wrote 3 years 19 weeks ago

This is true- deer may have very acute hearing compared to ours. Also, it would matter alot about what conditions you are hunting in.

from timtube wrote 3 years 18 weeks ago

I believe a deer is going to hear something much farther away than a human will. As also mentioned, conditions are going to play hugely. If it is windy any sounds will be masked and the distance a grunt will be heard is diminished. FWIW, just because a deer doesn's look my way after calling does not mean he does not hear, if they've got something more important going on, like a doe on their nose, the grunt is likely to be completely ignored.

from steve182 wrote 3 years 19 weeks ago