Best Survival Movie Trailer Ever?

Field Notes

September 22, 2011

Best Survival Movie Trailer Ever?

By Editors

So who else wants to see Liam Neeson fight wolves with broken bottles clutched in his fists strapped to his knuckles?

What would you use to defend yourself in a situation like this?

from Mike Diehl wrote 2 years 29 weeks ago

They've got fire, bits of metal from the plane sized from tiny knoves to reasonable blades. Something like a machete with a cloth wrapped handle could be had, maybe. Who'd leave the crash site and the fire I wonder?

from bdarak wrote 2 years 29 weeks ago

The Broken bottle thing seems kind of cheezy, But otherwise, that looks like a pretty decent movie.

from jcarlin wrote 2 years 29 weeks ago

Whatever I could grab for the wolf who caught my attention. In addition I'd hope that the rest of the pack would be hesitant to hamstring a guy who just defecated in his pants.

from benjaminwc wrote 2 years 29 weeks ago

I sure the entertainment factor on this flick is through the roof. However, a plane crash that big would have SAR out looking in a matter of hours, found in a couple of days. If it was me on that plane...my luck I'd probably have nothing but plastic bottles, and peanuts.

from BigTex wrote 2 years 29 weeks ago

Just feed the wolves the airplane food. They'd be so disgusted they'd leave.

from VAHunter540 wrote 2 years 29 weeks ago

Already buying my ticket, Got to be better than "The Edge"

from Steward wrote 2 years 29 weeks ago

Yeah...don't know about the broken bottles strapped to fists, but I am definitely going to see that movie.

from jdwood wrote 2 years 29 weeks ago

That looks pretty good, but pretty much all of Liam Neeson's are good. Taken was very well done, and I hope the same will be true for this, I'm looking forward to it.

from jbird wrote 2 years 29 weeks ago

Looks like a good flick. I like Liam Neeson because while he is tall, he's not all steroided-up looking like most "hollywood tough-guys". That "everyday guy" look along with an ACTUAL ability to act (a rarity for action heroes) is why I rarely miss his movies He plays a great "bad-a#$", without looking like a WWF wrestler.

from BigTex wrote 2 years 29 weeks ago

jbird that's a nice fish pic, but it ain't got 'nuthin on mine! ;-)

from michaux wrote 2 years 29 weeks ago

ANY MOVIE with Liam Neeson is worth seeing.

from jay wrote 2 years 29 weeks ago

I agree. Taken is one of my favorite movies of all time.

from dasmith wrote 2 years 29 weeks ago

Quick check the luggage for guns ! Maybe someone had one they checked in.

from jasond wrote 2 years 29 weeks ago

Why not make a staff or spear to throw at them. Even throwing rocks would likely get rid of them.

from nyhunter1033 wrote 2 years 29 weeks ago

Taken and Rob Roy, two of the best!

from Nyflyangler wrote 2 years 29 weeks ago

Gee, having to fight off a savage creature intent on killing you with only a broken beer bottle.

That sounds just like the last time I pissed my girlfriend off.

from Nyflyangler wrote 2 years 29 weeks ago

That sounds just like the last time I pissed my girlfriend off.

from tom warner wrote 2 years 29 weeks ago

I usually like Neeson, but this one looks like one more BS tale about wolves. Wolf attacks are even rarer than honest politicians.

from Blue Ox wrote 2 years 29 weeks ago

I'd stay with the plane. Use the fuselage for shelter. Use pieces of the wreckage to keep a good fire going and to make a weapon of some sort. Plenty of snow, so water shouldn't be a problem. Kill that wolf, too- Then i'd eat him...because he would do the same to me. Then sit & wait for the search party.
Prolly wouldn't make for a really good movie, but that's what i would to to survive.

from idahooutdoors wrote 2 years 29 weeks ago

Sticks and Rocks....it worked pretty well for man for ten's of thousands of years...with a little time, combine the two and have a nice spear and club......

from FishnFast wrote 2 years 28 weeks ago

Eating snow for water will lower your core temp to low and you'll die without fire, so melt snow and slightly warm water before drinking....wolves will attack in packs, fast and furious, they can bring down beast much worse than man, a weapon will help for a while. A hungry wolf pack will prevail unless rescued soon. Barracade yourself inside shelter with food and fire and wait for rescue. Man is no match for a pack of wolves... Not even Arnold Wolfsnslinger

from fishman292 wrote 2 years 27 weeks ago

...GOOD TRAILER..LOOKS REAL FINE...I WOOD STAY W/THE PLANE AND HAVE MY SURVIVAL RUCK W/ME 4 SITUATIONS JUST LIKE THAT ONE...NEVER GO ANYWHERE W/OUT IT....WILL DEFF WATCH THE FLICK AND LEARN SOME TIPS....

from jmshackelfo@aol.com wrote 1 year 49 weeks ago

I went and saw the movie and was so disappointed. It really had no survival skills, guess I was just looking for something more then was there. The basis of the movie was way off too. I left the theater feeling really ripped off by the producers.

from jbird wrote 2 years 29 weeks ago

from Mike Diehl wrote 2 years 29 weeks ago

from BigTex wrote 2 years 29 weeks ago

Just feed the wolves the airplane food. They'd be so disgusted they'd leave.

from bdarak wrote 2 years 29 weeks ago

from jcarlin wrote 2 years 29 weeks ago

from benjaminwc wrote 2 years 29 weeks ago

from Steward wrote 2 years 29 weeks ago

from jdwood wrote 2 years 29 weeks ago

from Nyflyangler wrote 2 years 29 weeks ago

That sounds just like the last time I pissed my girlfriend off.

from tom warner wrote 2 years 29 weeks ago

from VAHunter540 wrote 2 years 29 weeks ago

Already buying my ticket, Got to be better than "The Edge"

from BigTex wrote 2 years 29 weeks ago

jbird that's a nice fish pic, but it ain't got 'nuthin on mine! ;-)

from michaux wrote 2 years 29 weeks ago

ANY MOVIE with Liam Neeson is worth seeing.

from jay wrote 2 years 29 weeks ago

I agree. Taken is one of my favorite movies of all time.

from dasmith wrote 2 years 29 weeks ago

Quick check the luggage for guns ! Maybe someone had one they checked in.

from jasond wrote 2 years 29 weeks ago

from nyhunter1033 wrote 2 years 29 weeks ago

Taken and Rob Roy, two of the best!

from Nyflyangler wrote 2 years 29 weeks ago

That sounds just like the last time I pissed my girlfriend off.

from Blue Ox wrote 2 years 29 weeks ago