The Bra That Could Revolutionize Concealed Carry For Women?

Field Notes

November 14, 2011

The Bra That Could Revolutionize Concealed Carry For Women?

By Sarah Smith Barnum

I stumbled upon the Flashbang Bra Holster while browsing the Internet for my first firearm. I had looked at a bunch of sites and, just for the heck of it, I searched “guns for girls”—shamefully hoping I might find something aesthetically pleasing.

The first website I came to was a Girl’s Guide to Guns, which led me to a product review for this contraption.

As a new hunter—I just passed my test this weekend—I don’t think that I’ll be buying a handgun any time soon, so the Flashbang is currently just a curiosity for me, but the idea of toting a gun around in my bra is certainly intriguing. I may have to get one just to try it out.

Would any ladies who carry consider trading their holster for a pistol in their bra?

Check out this video on how easy it is to access the gun and shoot. Sorry gentlemen, there is no flashing involved in the process!

The male version of this concealed carry idea is a little simpler. Check out this holster shirt from 5.11 Tactical.

from Hil wrote 2 years 23 weeks ago

Nope.

from Blue Ox wrote 2 years 23 weeks ago

Wow....

from davycrockettfv wrote 2 years 23 weeks ago

When my daughter grows up I'm getting her one before her first date. The end.

from ejunk wrote 2 years 22 weeks ago

no way that thing is comfortable.

from Kyle VanBritson wrote 2 years 22 weeks ago

I ain't a chick or anything...but wouldn't having a gun strapped to your bra be a little uncomfortable? I know if they created a Flashbang Boxer Holster, it would be anything but comfortable,haha.

from Hil wrote 2 years 22 weeks ago

Uncomfortable? Absolutely. Maybe standing up is fine but sitting down, no way. And it just seems like there are so many ways you could get tangled up in your own shirt!

from 1uglymutha wrote 2 years 22 weeks ago

i can't tell if the holster is comfortable or not but is the gun concealed? absolutely. different women have different assets as do men. i once read a news article about a woman shoplifter who had concealed(somewhat unsuccessfully i assume) an entire ham in her bra. for certain women the bra holster could be the answer. shaq could probably carry a .500 smith concealed. not all of us can.

from Josh Phelan wrote 2 years 22 weeks ago

dose this mean women with big boobs can hold Smith & Wesson Model 29 (dirty Harry) in their rack. GREAT!

from murdock32 wrote 2 years 22 weeks ago

I hope she doesn't pull the trigger while removing the pistol...............

from Mike Plotner wrote 2 years 22 weeks ago

lets just hope they dont comeout with somthing for guys...

from condoski wrote 2 years 22 weeks ago

Heaven forbid she holster that firearm with a hot barrel. Yikes!

from Bwana Hunter wrote 2 years 22 weeks ago

Unless a lady is extremely competent in gun handling, especially safety wise - I think other means of self defense for our women needs to be considered first.

The video shows it's too easy for mistakes and/or accidental discharges to happen to out-weight the benefits.

from Captjim wrote 2 years 22 weeks ago

Lets all welcome Marion Hedges into the Republican Party and chip in and get her one of these flashbang bra holsters and a 9mm.

from RedRobot wrote 2 years 13 weeks ago

Unless a gentleman is extremely competent in gun handling, especially safety wise - I think other means of self defense for our men needs to be considered first.

There are numerous videos that show it's too easy for mistakes and/or accidentally discharges to happen to out-weigh the benefits.

from Heather Kahler wrote 1 year 37 weeks ago

I hardly think this would even come close to the uncomfortable things that women quickly get used to. Corsets...high heels...and even uncomfortable hair-do's. It's something you'd quickly get used to if safety was a real concern. Women adapt very quickly.

from Frances Alquisa... wrote 1 year 28 weeks ago

I have one of these and it can get very uncomfortable after a short time. I prefer my Sticky Anklebiter.

from davycrockettfv wrote 2 years 23 weeks ago

When my daughter grows up I'm getting her one before her first date. The end.

from Josh Phelan wrote 2 years 22 weeks ago

from Kyle VanBritson wrote 2 years 22 weeks ago

from Bwana Hunter wrote 2 years 22 weeks ago

from Hil wrote 2 years 23 weeks ago

Nope.

from Blue Ox wrote 2 years 23 weeks ago

Wow....

from ejunk wrote 2 years 22 weeks ago

no way that thing is comfortable.

from Hil wrote 2 years 22 weeks ago

from 1uglymutha wrote 2 years 22 weeks ago

from murdock32 wrote 2 years 22 weeks ago

I hope she doesn't pull the trigger while removing the pistol...............

from Mike Plotner wrote 2 years 22 weeks ago

lets just hope they dont comeout with somthing for guys...

from condoski wrote 2 years 22 weeks ago

Heaven forbid she holster that firearm with a hot barrel. Yikes!

from Captjim wrote 2 years 22 weeks ago