Deer Saves Ohio Woman From Mugger

Field Notes

March 01, 2012

Deer Saves Ohio Woman From Mugger

By Chad Love

A startled deer was apparently scary enough to end a late-night assault on an Ohio woman.

From this story on wptv.com:

Oxford police say a deer helped stop an attack on a young woman early Sunday morning. Police tell 9 News that the woman had attended a party in the 500 block of Poplar Street in Oxford. At roughly 1 a.m., the woman left the party and walked close to a field that contained overgrown grass and some trees. It was there a male attacker grabbed her from behind and pulled on the purse that hung across her shoulders.

The attacker struck her on the face and told her not to say anything. During the struggle, the man pulled the woman away from the lights of the party and the neighborhood and farther into the darkness of the field. Police say that's when the struggle woke up a deer that was sleeping nearby in the tall grass. Police say the deer was startled, jumped up and ran away. The large deer also startled the attacker, who got up and ran away, leaving the woman alone in the dark field. She went back toward the party and called 911."She is a very lucky girl," Sgt. Jon Varley with Oxford police said.

Lucky for the woman, it appears her assailant was a giant pansy.

from Dcast wrote 2 years 6 weeks ago

You have no idea how big of pansies go too Miami! My brother-in-law went there and the males (if you could call them that) there were a bunch of skrauny, trust fund, sissy type. My wife and I would go there to visit often and we would people watch, because that place is the mecca of people watching! I think they need to check and make sure that Roethlesburger wasn't visiting that weekend for sorority party!!!

-1 Good Comment? | | Report
from Melanee Gubbe-Wilkie wrote 2 years 6 weeks ago

Well I think this is what I would call a "God thing", I mean what are the chances that a deer would be be in the very spot she was being attacked, heck I dont even have the luck of coming across deer like that when I'm hunting for them.....So I would say her "guardian angel" was looking out for her!!! Im happy she wasnt hurt worse :)

from s-kfry wrote 2 years 6 weeks ago

I wonder if the 2nd Ammendment applies to deer, in this case it should have. The deer could have eliminated this scum bag instead of just scaring him away.

from s-kfry wrote 2 years 6 weeks ago

from range rat wrote 2 years 6 weeks ago

Well, I went to Miami U but don't seem to fit Dcast's description ;)
Thank goodness that this young woman averted this assault. Her guardian angel was with her that night.

from Dcast wrote 2 years 6 weeks ago

Range Rat, Well you know all to well what I'm talking about then! You can't deny my observations, you may not have been one of them but they are like rats in NY! Also I still think the police should check to make sure Rothlesburger wasn't in town! Sorry I don't care for the guy, so I'll take this moment to take a gab or few.

-1 Good Comment? | | Report
from EVince wrote 2 years 6 weeks ago

When I read this, i was reminded of all the crap hunters get about taking on "poor defenseless deer". That deer took on a tough guy and won!

from bounty1 wrote 2 years 6 weeks ago

This story sure sounds like a 'story' ta me.

from Trapper Vic wrote 2 years 5 weeks ago

If it was Miami campus the deer was probably the only sober one of the 3!

from Melanee Gubbe-Wilkie wrote 2 years 6 weeks ago

from s-kfry wrote 2 years 6 weeks ago

from s-kfry wrote 2 years 6 weeks ago

from range rat wrote 2 years 6 weeks ago

Well, I went to Miami U but don't seem to fit Dcast's description ;)

from EVince wrote 2 years 6 weeks ago

from bounty1 wrote 2 years 6 weeks ago

This story sure sounds like a 'story' ta me.

from Trapper Vic wrote 2 years 5 weeks ago

If it was Miami campus the deer was probably the only sober one of the 3!

from Dcast wrote 2 years 6 weeks ago