Man Faces Charges for Shooting Deer in PA Walmart Parking Lot

Field Notes

April 01, 2013

Man Faces Charges for Shooting Deer in PA Walmart Parking Lot

By Chad Love

You can find literally everything you need to hunt deer at Walmart, including, apparently, the deer...

From this story on cbslocal.com:
An Indiana County man is facing several charges, after wildlife officials say he went deer hunting in a Walmart parking lot. The Indiana Gazette reports 40-year-old Arcangelo Bianco Jr., fired several rounds from a handgun at a 10-point white-tailed deer from within the Burrell Township store’s parking lot, and then bagged the animal near Old William Penn Highway.

According to the story, the unconventional deer hunt occurred last November while Bianco was shopping and saw the buck in the parking lot. "Natty Bumppo" Bianco then allegedly hopped out of the truck, gun in hand and bullets started flying. He bagged the deer, then the Pennsylvania Game Commission bagged him. Bianco faces a misdemeanor count of reckless endangerment and a host of hunting violations, including (but not limited to) hunting without a license, shooting on or across highways and unlawful killing or taking of big game. A preliminary hearing has been scheduled for May 1.

from jay wrote 1 year 2 weeks ago

If being stupid was a crime, this guy would be serving a life sentence.

from Koldkut wrote 1 year 2 weeks ago

There's more oil stained pavement in that parking lot than there is clean pavement. And that wal-mart is the local hangout on Friday and Saturday nights.....this does not surprise me one bit.

from Koldkut wrote 1 year 2 weeks ago

from Wiege wrote 1 year 2 weeks ago

I'd call this poaching not hunting.

from Drover1 wrote 1 year 2 weeks ago

Wow. I hope they hit him with maximum penalties. Wingnuts like this give sportsmen and gun owners a bad name. When non-hunters read about cases like this, it’s no wonder they see even responsible, law-abiding hunters as a bunch of trigger-happy yahoos.

from BAM wrote 1 year 2 weeks ago

Please be an April Fools joke.

from Ontario Honker ... wrote 1 year 2 weeks ago

Gives a new meaning to the term "slob hunter." Sounds like typical Pennsylvania hunting according to the comments I regularly read on this blog. Have never hunted there and now I'm sure I never will.

-2 Good Comment? | | Report
from themadflyfisher wrote 1 year 2 weeks ago

That's definitely PA for ya!

The walmart in my town (about 30 miles north of this walmart) has a big plot of woods behind it. A friend of mine archery hunts the land and has got some big deer back there. He was once stopped coming out of the woods for a lunch break to the back parking lot in his full camo and bow in hand. The cop who just happened to be cruising the property was cool though and just laughed. When my buddy showed him some of the pics of the bucks he's got back there the cop said good luck and went on his way.
I guess walmarts are a good place for big bucks!

from ozarkghost wrote 1 year 2 weeks ago

I had to Google this to make sure it was not a hoax. There are several articles listed for this one incident. I hope the punishment fits the crime in this instance.

from -Bob wrote 1 year 2 weeks ago

OMG.

Two comments:

1) I’d like to apologize to the rest of the country on behalf of the 99.99% of the PA hunters that are NOT insane.

2) What is it about WalMart? Just last year I saw a six-point trot across the lot at our local suburban Philadelphia-area store.

from avidarcher88pa wrote 1 year 2 weeks ago

why does it not surprise me that this happened at a walmart? confused why pic is of car and story says truck.

from ITHACASXS wrote 1 year 2 weeks ago

Why rag on the Keystone State? Jerks are found in abundance from sea to shining sea.

from jack1466 wrote 1 year 2 weeks ago

What's that old adage,,,Stupid is,as stupid does..

from Jerry A. wrote 1 year 2 weeks ago

I have to agree with Ithaca, there in no shortage of stupid people anywhere in the U.S, or the entire world, for that matter. I hope this particular idiot goes to prison though.

from PAShooter wrote 1 year 2 weeks ago

"Natty Bumppo" Bianco... Are you sure this was not just a mob hit?

from SMC1986 wrote 1 year 2 weeks ago

I hope they get this guy for poaching, public endangerment, illegal discharge of a firearm and whatever else they can book him on. He is not a hunter, just another idiot with a gun that gives hunters a bad name. It's incidents like this the public has a negative opinion of us alot of the time.

from kansasjeff wrote 1 year 2 weeks ago

Thank god he didn't hit anyone.

from coachsjike wrote 1 year 2 weeks ago

you can't make it up!!!

from RS08 wrote 1 year 2 weeks ago

you might be a redneck.......

from FOX wrote 1 year 2 weeks ago

Only in PA

-1 Good Comment? | | Report
from bscrandall wrote 1 year 2 weeks ago

This guy tried to illegally take a deer, right in the middle of a wal mart parking lot. There is an idiot born everyday.

from bscrandall wrote 1 year 2 weeks ago

from Nyflyangler wrote 1 year 2 weeks ago

Lessons learned:

1. Make sure you have a hunting license.

2. Silencers are legal in PA for hunting. So, if you're going to hunt deer in suburban parking lots, acquiring one would be a good idea.

from dws wrote 1 year 2 weeks ago

bscrandall, he didn't try, he did take it.
He's lucky he wasn't some place where someone thought he was shooting at them and they shot back. I know this is bad but if that happened and he was shot in an area we he couldn't reproduce, that might not have been a bad thing.

from dws wrote 1 year 2 weeks ago

That should be where, not we he.

from MidnightBanjo wrote 1 year 2 weeks ago

I believe being stupid (an this is a prime example) is a life sentence in itself - a terminal life sentence.

from Hunter Kay Durnford wrote 1 year 2 weeks ago

You might be a redneck if...

from bowguy6633 wrote 1 year 1 day ago

That is one man that just has to kill for the fun of it! My friend was at a target in Waxhaw n.c when he looked up from his phone, to his amazement, he sees a 12 point buck running straight towards the targets doors and also towards 3 kids! A man saw the problem unfolding and he ran towards the kids and managed to shove them aside, saving them from a possible death or serious injury! The buck ran off bleeding on his face and neck! However, I would have never taking out a handgun and started to shoot at the buck across a parking lot! He could have killed a lot more then just a buck!

from Drover1 wrote 1 year 2 weeks ago

from ITHACASXS wrote 1 year 2 weeks ago

from Wiege wrote 1 year 2 weeks ago

I'd call this poaching not hunting.

from PAShooter wrote 1 year 2 weeks ago

"Natty Bumppo" Bianco... Are you sure this was not just a mob hit?

from bscrandall wrote 1 year 2 weeks ago

from Nyflyangler wrote 1 year 2 weeks ago

Lessons learned:

1. Make sure you have a hunting license.

from dws wrote 1 year 2 weeks ago

bscrandall, he didn't try, he did take it.

from dws wrote 1 year 2 weeks ago

That should be where, not we he.

from bowguy6633 wrote 1 year 1 day ago

from jay wrote 1 year 2 weeks ago

If being stupid was a crime, this guy would be serving a life sentence.

from Koldkut wrote 1 year 2 weeks ago

from Koldkut wrote 1 year 2 weeks ago

from BAM wrote 1 year 2 weeks ago

Please be an April Fools joke.

from themadflyfisher wrote 1 year 2 weeks ago

That's definitely PA for ya!

I guess walmarts are a good place for big bucks!

from ozarkghost wrote 1 year 2 weeks ago

from -Bob wrote 1 year 2 weeks ago

OMG.

Two comments:

from avidarcher88pa wrote 1 year 2 weeks ago

from jack1466 wrote 1 year 2 weeks ago

What's that old adage,,,Stupid is,as stupid does..

from Jerry A. wrote 1 year 2 weeks ago

from SMC1986 wrote 1 year 2 weeks ago

from kansasjeff wrote 1 year 2 weeks ago

Thank god he didn't hit anyone.

from coachsjike wrote 1 year 2 weeks ago

you can't make it up!!!

from RS08 wrote 1 year 2 weeks ago

you might be a redneck.......

from bscrandall wrote 1 year 2 weeks ago

from MidnightBanjo wrote 1 year 2 weeks ago

from Hunter Kay Durnford wrote 1 year 2 weeks ago

You might be a redneck if...

from FOX wrote 1 year 2 weeks ago