Video: Hunter Catches Flying Quail with One Hand

Field Notes

May 14, 2013

Video: Hunter Catches Flying Quail with One Hand

By CJ Lotz

You don't often hear, "sweet catch!" while quail hunting, but it was the appropriate exclamation for what happened while the pastor of a church in Texas was on a hunt with NFL quarterback Colt McCoy.

With a shotgun in one hand, the pastor reaches out his other hand just as a quail flies toward him and grabs it. After he grabs it, that's McCoy's voice you hear off-camera yelling, "Sweet catch!"

Cameras were around to catch the moment because the church uses various videos to teach bible lessons. Maybe the next class will be on the "Immaculate Reception."

Read more at GrindTV

from VAHunter540 wrote 48 weeks 3 days ago

You know what they say, " A bird in the hand is....."

from dighunter wrote 48 weeks 3 days ago

My first reaction

HOLY ... Quail?

from GregMc wrote 48 weeks 3 days ago

F&S:
Ever hear of fact checking? Give it a whirl sometime.
Though I'm sure the publisher of the book appreciates the free plug...

from Matthew Matzek wrote 48 weeks 2 days ago

I have done this before and witnessed my grandpa and cousin AND brother do it. Of course we hunt stocked quail... My cousin and I always compete Birds Killed/Shots Fired. If we catch a quail in a bush usually well that obviously helps your score

from Justin Lehmann wrote 48 weeks 2 days ago

That's pretty cool, except when he points the gun at the cameraman when he's celebrating.

from Eightsouthman wrote 48 weeks 1 day ago

I've done this several times in my life but didn't pat myself on the back. It just means you wounded a quail or dove and it turned on the hard wind and went with it, straight back to you. Of course I'm not a preacher and have no intention of making it out to be something it isn't.

-1 Good Comment? | | Report

from VAHunter540 wrote 48 weeks 3 days ago

You know what they say, " A bird in the hand is....."

from dighunter wrote 48 weeks 3 days ago

My first reaction

HOLY ... Quail?

from Justin Lehmann wrote 48 weeks 2 days ago

from GregMc wrote 48 weeks 3 days ago

F&S:
Ever hear of fact checking? Give it a whirl sometime.
Though I'm sure the publisher of the book appreciates the free plug...

from Matthew Matzek wrote 48 weeks 2 days ago