Black Bear Wanders Into The Alaskan Hotel & Bar

Field Notes

September 27, 2013

Black Bear Wanders Into The Alaskan Hotel & Bar

By Ben Romans

The Alaskan Hotel & Bar in Juneau, Alaska, exercised its right to refuse service this past Monday night when a black bear unexpectedly walked through the front door and was ushered away by the bartender.

According to the Juneau Empire, manager Scott Fry saw the bear around 9:15 p.m. traveling down the sidewalk like it was any other patron, then turn into the bar's front door and poke its head five or six feet into the entry before the bartender spooked it away. While Fry said he's seen bears hanging around the area, this is the first time one had enough nerve to step inside.

"I've seen them out in front of the bar last fall, but nothing to the effect of him walking in like he knew what he was doing," he said.

Video footage of the incident from various angles was captured and posted on the Alaskan's Facebook page.

from haverodwilltravel wrote 28 weeks 5 days ago

I've seen several "Bear walks into Bar" and "Bear raids Dumpster" videos this year. I'm beginning to think if one buts a Bud and Pretzels on a stump you got a darn good chance of luring in one of these trendy bears. ;)

from Buckshott00 wrote 28 weeks 5 days ago

So a bear walks into a Bar...
Bartender says "HOLY F**KING $HIT!! It's a bear!!"

There's nothing funny about bears walking into bars!!

from Buckshott00 wrote 28 weeks 5 days ago

Okay Take 2:
So a Bear walks into the Bar, sits down says "Gimme a beer and a
........................................................................................................... sandwich.
Bartender Says, "Sure, but why the big pause?"
Bear says, "Dunno, I was born with 'em."

from Buckshott00 wrote 28 weeks 5 days ago

Take 3:
So a bear walks into a Bar...
Bartender says, "Hey Buddy, what's with the long face?"
Bear says, "Hey, what do you think I am, a horse?"
Bartender replies, "No, I think you're a bear, I just never had a joke ready for a talking bear coming into my bar."

from Buckshott00 wrote 28 weeks 5 days ago

Take 4:
A bear walks in to a bar and says to the bartender, "give me a drink." The bartender says, "sorry, we don't serve bears." The bear says, "well, give me a drink or I'll eat that woman at the other end of the bar." The bartender says, "psh, go ahead." So the bear eats the woman and asks the bartender one more time to give him a drink. The bartender says, "we don't serve bears on drugs." The bear, clearly dumbfounded says, "what? I'm not on drugs." And the bartender says, "that was a bar-b1tch-you-ate"

from haverodwilltravel wrote 28 weeks 5 days ago

from Buckshott00 wrote 28 weeks 5 days ago

So a bear walks into a Bar...
Bartender says "HOLY F**KING $HIT!! It's a bear!!"

There's nothing funny about bears walking into bars!!

from Buckshott00 wrote 28 weeks 5 days ago

Okay Take 2:
So a Bear walks into the Bar, sits down says "Gimme a beer and a
Bartender Says, "Sure, but why the big pause?"
Bear says, "Dunno, I was born with 'em."

from Buckshott00 wrote 28 weeks 5 days ago

Take 3:
So a bear walks into a Bar...
Bartender says, "Hey Buddy, what's with the long face?"
Bear says, "Hey, what do you think I am, a horse?"

from Buckshott00 wrote 28 weeks 5 days ago