Video: This Archer is Faster Than Legolas

Field Notes

November 14, 2013

Video: This Archer is Faster Than Legolas

By Colin Kearns

If you can get past the robotic narrator, the archery stunts in this video are pretty entertaining. (I especially got a kick out of the parts where he shoots while jumping onto a mat.) In the clip, archer Lars Anderson shoots 10 arrows in 5 seconds. His speed secret is holding all of the spare arrows in his right hand so he can fire them in rapid succession. A trick like this might be valuable in a Middle Earth orc war, but in a treestand—not so much. Still, like I said, pretty entertaining. Lars should team up with Joerg, the slingshot guy.

from tleichty1989 wrote 22 weeks 1 day ago

Its sad to think that as time goes on we loose something that in the future we will value greatly. I have native american heritage in my blood but I don't even know what tribe I come from. As technology advances we loose the old way of doing things and sometimes, unfortunately its for the worst. I would love to put arrows down range like Lars thats for sure!

from Micropterus24 wrote 22 weeks 1 day ago

I still doubt he's faster than Legolas. Legolas' bow has a 150lb draw looks like this guy's is about 30. Nevertheless, he's pretty talented for a non-elf.

-1 Good Comment? | | Report
from buckhunter wrote 22 weeks 1 day ago

Pretty amazing what Lars can do with a bow.

from hawkeyeofhunting wrote 21 weeks 4 days ago

I think Legolas' was probably around 70-80 range but i agree that this guys is around 30

from tleichty1989 wrote 22 weeks 1 day ago

from buckhunter wrote 22 weeks 1 day ago

Pretty amazing what Lars can do with a bow.

from hawkeyeofhunting wrote 21 weeks 4 days ago