Tie Talk: Tying a Howell Signature Intruder In Less Than 2 Minutes

FlyTalk

July 21, 2010

Tie Talk: Tying a Howell Signature Intruder In Less Than 2 Minutes

By Tim Romano

Our friends over Buster Wants To Fish couldn't have said it any better.

"Finally, a tying video without all the heavy breathing, instructional jibber-jabber and UV lamplight!"

The video is from the new SkagitMaster.com.

TR

from chaveecha wrote 3 years 39 weeks ago

In case anyone is unsure, the Intruder, as tied by the originator(s), is among the most important innovations in modern fly-fishing. The goals: large profile and tons of life-like movement. To those ends, this fly features a unique shank-style construction, allowing for the use of a small, short-shank hook at the business end of the fly. Like tube-style flies, this can significantly improve landing ratios compared to long-shank hooks. Over this revolutionary foundation, an ingenious combination of fur and feathers creates the suggestion of a living, breathing sea creature. It is not an exaggeration to say this fly changed my life. In fact, for me, this fly changed the whole game.

from buckhunter wrote 3 years 38 weeks ago

I like the dubbing technique and it looks like a great fly but what interest me most is your comment about short shanked hooks holding onto fish better.

from countitandone wrote 3 years 38 weeks ago

The wife just looked over my shoulder and watched this video with me.

Her comment? Well Jon, now there's two things you can accomplish in two minutes while I watch...

What a gal.

from jamesti wrote 3 years 38 weeks ago

count, you have one heck of a wife there!
i don't think i even got a little of the technique from that video as fast as it went.

from countitandone wrote 3 years 38 weeks ago

The wife just looked over my shoulder and watched this video with me.

What a gal.

from jamesti wrote 3 years 38 weeks ago

count, you have one heck of a wife there!

from chaveecha wrote 3 years 39 weeks ago