Fly Fishing Retailer: More Video From The Show Floor

FlyTalk

September 17, 2009

Fly Fishing Retailer: More Video From The Show Floor

By Tim Romano

The second installment of video from the floor of Fly Fishing Retailer in Denver, Colorado last week.  In this clip, co-founder of fishpond John Le Coq explains the new, and very reasonably priced Flint Hills vest... Brian Westover of...

Westwater Products bobbles his way through an explanation of one of the wackiest fly tying creations ever... and Joel Silverman runs us through the new River Camo products from Montana Fly.

TR

from MLH wrote 4 years 30 weeks ago

Oh, how purists will look down their noses at me next summer when I toss a glow-in-the-dark Unibobber hex spinner. Test purposes only, of course. I am surprised they haven't shaped them like wings.

I do like those pattern dips. But I love the Hatch machined engravings.

from buckhunter wrote 4 years 30 weeks ago

I will make a confession. I have used a Thingamabobber. It helps keep you from snagging steelhead when they're stacked up in the pools.

I would imagine that casting the unibobber would be a bear. You would have to go up a line size or two to get the thing to roll over or through the wind. Not sure if I like that idea or maybe I don't completely understand it.

It's the simple things that make my day. What ever happened to good old fashion down locking reel seats? Every good rod I have is up locking.

from Koldkut wrote 4 years 30 weeks ago

A friend of mine tied a hopper to a small thingamabobber and dubbed it the thingamahopper......I think it would be a better name for it. MLH, turning those things over will be easier than turning over two flies and a strike indicator.

from timromano wrote 4 years 30 weeks ago

buckhunter...

no need to confess. Thingamabobbers are the best. When I'm dragged to the depths and forced to nymph they are really really the only think I use anymore.

from fflutterffly wrote 4 years 30 weeks ago

Fishpond vest looks great for the money. A company that is always thinking. I like the way you can change the size depending on your clothing or the persons who might be able to exchange it the use, IE clients. Excellent! UNIBOBBER! Another step-up in thinking. Innovative, functional...I'll give them a try and cast them wide looped if need be, just like a double jig. As for equipment looking like fish... pretty, but I'm into function and no sun-flash on my stuff... give me matt, grey or black... if available.

As for the Simms with zippers: LOVE IT! I've always wanted front zippered pockets on my shorties, as for the fly zipper... I like that idea as well... what's not to like!

from MLH wrote 4 years 30 weeks ago

I do like those pattern dips. But I love the Hatch machined engravings.

from buckhunter wrote 4 years 30 weeks ago