Need a Short-Term Carp Rental?

FlyTalk

September 17, 2012

Need a Short-Term Carp Rental?

By Tim Romano

Been out carp fishing lately on the fly? Has it been tough to entice Mr. Rubber Lips to eat what you're offering. Sick of getting skunked? A new company named Zipcarp, not unlike zipcar is offering short term carp rentals.

"According to company officials, Zipcarp’s inaugural fleet consists of 8,000 carps in six major American cities and several university towns, providing customers with the option to rent a carp by the hour or day."

“A huge perk of city living is avoiding the costs and hassles of owning your own carp,” Zipcarp chairman and CEO Carl Potter said at the opening of the company’s carp-rental hub in downtown Boston. “But as all urbanites know, there are times when you just really need a carp. That’s why we’re thrilled to launch Zipcarp as a convenient alternative to fish ownership.”

Read the rest of the story over at the Onion. ;)

from Sayfu wrote 1 year 30 weeks ago

That's embarrassing. Guy problably thinks he caught a brown trout.

from buckhunter wrote 1 year 30 weeks ago

Another "I wish I'd thought of this" moment. It's so simple. The demand for carp is currently peaking and there is lots of money to be made. Will probably see copycat's pop up all over the country.

from stick500 wrote 1 year 30 weeks ago

I rented one and kept it in a tub in my dorm room for a week. It was blast! My pals and I would throw it bread and stuff and it got all excited when it saw us in the morning. More than a few girls stopped by as well to see my carp. I would highly recommend this service for anyone.

from Koldkut wrote 1 year 30 weeks ago

The agent I spoke with also said I could not pierce it's lip for a photo op....what a crock

from buckhunter wrote 1 year 30 weeks ago

Can't wait to surprise my wife her next birthday. I'm probably gonna score with this. Wow, I can't believe it's so cheap.

from buckhunter wrote 1 year 30 weeks ago

from stick500 wrote 1 year 30 weeks ago

from Sayfu wrote 1 year 30 weeks ago

That's embarrassing. Guy problably thinks he caught a brown trout.

from Koldkut wrote 1 year 30 weeks ago