Videos: Catfish Eat Pigeons and Giant Trevally Torpedo Baitfish

FlyTalk

December 11, 2012

Videos: Catfish Eat Pigeons and Giant Trevally Torpedo Baitfish

By Tim Romano

Here are two videos that you have to see to believe. The first is a handful of catfish calmly sucking pigeons off the bank. I'm not kidding. When I showed it to Deeter and asked him what he thought about it, he quickly replied, "Haven't you ever used the size 36/0 Chernobyl Pigeon?"

The second shows the sheer speed and power of tackle-busting GT's or Giant trevally in the Maldives. Watch as they absolutely reek havoc on a school of baitfish. It's impressive and scary at the same time.

Enjoy.

from jdwood wrote 1 year 19 weeks ago

Wow, those catfish are nuts. I've seen the videos of killer whales doing that to sea lions, but thats crazy. And the speed that the Trevally come into that school of bait fish is incredible, I've seen many blitzing striped bass and bluefish but the baitfish along the shore were never even close to as worked up as those were in the video. Cool stuff

from jaukulele wrote 1 year 19 weeks ago

SUH-WEEEEET! Those catfish are bad to the bone! I've never seen that before.

from Koldkut wrote 1 year 19 weeks ago

Mark has been trying to sell me on a trip to christmas island for some GT's.......that video makes it soo much easier to part from that type of money.

from VAHunter540 wrote 1 year 19 weeks ago

Those are Wels catfish right?

from timromano wrote 1 year 18 weeks ago

VAHunter540,

Honestly I don't know. I think you could be right though as the vid is shot somewhere in Europe I believe.

from stick500 wrote 1 year 18 weeks ago

yeh, those are Wels catfish- you can tell by the long, skinny tails

I would have liked to have seen how many baitfish ended up stranded on shore after that run- bet the seagulls moved in next

those Trevallys were taking a risk of ending up on shore too, but I guess they know what they are doing

from Greg Madrigal wrote 1 year 18 weeks ago

Holy SMOKES Tim! Those were GREAT vids! Love it! The power of nature is awe inspiring.

from VAHunter540 wrote 1 year 18 weeks ago

Well no matter, very cool videos thanks for sharing!

from floyd11 wrote 1 year 14 weeks ago

I have never even heard of catfish eating birds off the bank! That is crazy to see. I may have to change up my bait tactics for this year now haha

from jdwood wrote 1 year 19 weeks ago

from jaukulele wrote 1 year 19 weeks ago

SUH-WEEEEET! Those catfish are bad to the bone! I've never seen that before.

from Koldkut wrote 1 year 19 weeks ago

from VAHunter540 wrote 1 year 19 weeks ago

Those are Wels catfish right?

from timromano wrote 1 year 18 weeks ago

VAHunter540,

from stick500 wrote 1 year 18 weeks ago

yeh, those are Wels catfish- you can tell by the long, skinny tails

from Greg Madrigal wrote 1 year 18 weeks ago

from VAHunter540 wrote 1 year 18 weeks ago

Well no matter, very cool videos thanks for sharing!

from floyd11 wrote 1 year 14 weeks ago