Key West Fishing Slide Show: Large Sharks and Hand Feeding Tarpon

FlyTalk

April 23, 2013

Key West Fishing Slide Show: Large Sharks and Hand Feeding Tarpon

By Tim Romano

I've added 25 new images to the slide show from my recent visit to Key West and Miami with the Holeman Boys of Key West Angling, Captain Russell Kleppinger, and the fine folks at Nautilus Fly Reels. They consist mainly of more shots of tarpon eating, night fishing, large sharks, a wee bit of nasty weather, and hand feeding the pet tarpon in the marina. Enjoy the show.

from Koldkut wrote 51 weeks 2 days ago

Ouch on the broken stick...

from timromano wrote 51 weeks 2 days ago

yeah... two of em that trip.

from buckhunter wrote 51 weeks 2 days ago

On the few occasions I have been tarpon fishing, we would see dozens of tarpon at the marina but once on the water they were nowhere to be found. Obviously you had a much better guide then I had.

Great pics, Tim. Makes me want to hop on a plane and go after them again.

from fliphuntr14 wrote 51 weeks 1 day ago

After watching river monsters the other night where he is in Nicaragua fishing tarpon on a centerpin rod/reel, i added a saltwater (the first) fish to my bucket list. Just the raw power and battle have me captivated. Awesome shots I now understand the allure to these fish.

from Koldkut wrote 51 weeks 2 days ago

Ouch on the broken stick...

from timromano wrote 51 weeks 2 days ago

yeah... two of em that trip.

from buckhunter wrote 51 weeks 2 days ago

Great pics, Tim. Makes me want to hop on a plane and go after them again.

from fliphuntr14 wrote 51 weeks 1 day ago