Live from SHOT: The New Ithaca Phoenix

The Gun Nuts

January 21, 2010

Live from SHOT: The New Ithaca Phoenix

By Phil Bourjaily

from Douglas wrote 4 years 12 weeks ago

FINALLY!!! It sure is good to see Ithaca producing these. Hope they are affordable.
Any idea on a price range?

from ejunk wrote 4 years 12 weeks ago

yo phil - you're interview skills are top notch! looking forward to hearing more about these guns, the field models, especially!

yrs-
Evan!

from gar29 wrote 4 years 12 weeks ago

The pump guns on the shelf look like classic Ithacas. Seems like the company is bringing back their classic concepts.

from Bryan01 wrote 4 years 12 weeks ago

It looks like you will have to pay between $2,500 and $10,000 if you want to put a Phoenix in your gun cabinet.

from Bryan01 wrote 4 years 12 weeks ago

from JohnR wrote 4 years 12 weeks ago

I'm glad to see Ithaca back too! It is a name familiar to me from my teen years. I never could quite afford one (it was an Ithaca Model 37 pump 12 gauge) though.
It then became one of life's small ironies when I discovered that the police shotguns we carried in the patrol cars were Ithaca Model 37's. I discovered during shotgun qualification shooting that the Model 37 kicked like a son-of-a-gun. I was relieved I didn't get one as a teen. On a positive note they were/are extremely well made and reliable.

from Douglas wrote 4 years 12 weeks ago

I am just now refinishing the wood on my dads old 37 pump he got sometime before the early 60's.
It is a true blue farmers shotgun that rode in his truck and on the combine with him.
And it do kick like a mule!

from Ralph the Rifleman wrote 4 years 12 weeks ago

Oooo...nice double;Looks like Ithaca got this thing right!

from HogBlog wrote 4 years 12 weeks ago

Phil, did you get a chance to shoot it? I shot up about a box of shells at Range Day through the 28" model. The comb was a little high for me, so I had to adjust higher to start breaking clay... but once I did. It's a great feeling gun, even if it is a pre-production demo.

I'm liking the rumor of an impending Ithaca SxS. Hope it comes true.

from bowhrad wrote 4 years 12 weeks ago

I hope Ithaca does well with this Phoenix. Nice to see an American company making a go of it. This O/U's initial look seems like it's made for the clays game. If it's built like it looks, I suspect it will be heavy to soak up the recoil and will make a fine target gun. I will be more interested to see their field guns and hope they are trimmer and lively for uplanding. For the uplands, the gun will have to have "character." If that's so, they'll have a winner on their hands.

from Clay Cooper wrote 4 years 11 weeks ago

Looks like Phil is enjoying himself to much! LOL!

from ADKHunter wrote 4 years 2 weeks ago

many phil how did you like it there

from cosplay wrote 3 years 35 weeks ago

from Douglas wrote 4 years 12 weeks ago

Any idea on a price range?

from ejunk wrote 4 years 12 weeks ago

yrs-
Evan!

from gar29 wrote 4 years 12 weeks ago

from Bryan01 wrote 4 years 12 weeks ago

from Bryan01 wrote 4 years 12 weeks ago

from JohnR wrote 4 years 12 weeks ago

from Douglas wrote 4 years 12 weeks ago

And it do kick like a mule!

from Ralph the Rifleman wrote 4 years 12 weeks ago

Oooo...nice double;Looks like Ithaca got this thing right!

from HogBlog wrote 4 years 12 weeks ago

I'm liking the rumor of an impending Ithaca SxS. Hope it comes true.

from bowhrad wrote 4 years 12 weeks ago

from Clay Cooper wrote 4 years 11 weeks ago

Looks like Phil is enjoying himself to much! LOL!

from cosplay wrote 3 years 35 weeks ago