SHOT Show 2011: Gold Medalist Vincent Hancock

The Gun Nuts

January 25, 2011

SHOT Show 2011: Gold Medalist Vincent Hancock

By Phil Bourjaily

About the Video: Vincent Hancock is just 21 years old and he has already set a world record in the demanding game of international skeet, a high-speed, low gun version of the game we play here.

Like every one of the Team USA shooters I’ve met, Hancock is unfailingly polite, clean cut, and a credit to the United States of America.

from Sayfu wrote 3 years 12 weeks ago

I would like to know what make of gun he used, and what make his teammates used.

from philbourjaily wrote 3 years 12 weeks ago

Sayfu -- Hancock shoots a Beretta DT10, which is very popular among international skeet shooters, including Chiara Cainero of Italy, who won the gold in women's skeet in Beijing.

from Beekeeper wrote 3 years 12 weeks ago

I'm proud of Vince! He is a product of determination and hard work. He came up through our 4-H project SAFE program here and has mastered every challenge he encountered. He is a small town kid with small town manners and a supportive family. If I'm not mistaken that is the same Beretta he has been shooting since he was about 13.

His dad Craig has several more young phenoms coming along as well.

from Clay Cooper wrote 3 years 12 weeks ago

Sir Phil, move over!

I spotted this back in the 80's, there becoming younger, smarter and faster!

My 3 year old grandson already knows how to access his Mothers laptop and I-phone!

from jamesti wrote 3 years 12 weeks ago

a young man who was raised right. don't see that much anymore.

from Sayfu wrote 3 years 12 weeks ago

Phil...Makes me even prouder to own a Beretta O/U.

from mdezort wrote 3 years 6 weeks ago

I met this fine young man at the AUSA conference the year after he won the gold. He is as charming and polite in person as you can imagine.

from Sayfu wrote 3 years 12 weeks ago

Phil...Makes me even prouder to own a Beretta O/U.

from Sayfu wrote 3 years 12 weeks ago

from philbourjaily wrote 3 years 12 weeks ago

from Beekeeper wrote 3 years 12 weeks ago

His dad Craig has several more young phenoms coming along as well.

from Clay Cooper wrote 3 years 12 weeks ago

Sir Phil, move over!

I spotted this back in the 80's, there becoming younger, smarter and faster!

from jamesti wrote 3 years 12 weeks ago

a young man who was raised right. don't see that much anymore.

from mdezort wrote 3 years 6 weeks ago