Is It Time To Be A Prepper?

The Gun Nuts

August 10, 2011

Is It Time To Be A Prepper?

By David E. Petzal

By David E. Petzal

Over the past week, my vocabulary of 268,391 words expanded by one, and that word is “prepper.” A prepper is not to be confused with a preppie, who is a person who has attended an exclusive private high school. A prepper is someone who believes that The End is nigh, that society is breaking down, and that if you want to be around to see what’s left, it’s best to prepare for The Wrath to Come.

It would be easy to write preppers off as so many whack jobs, but there are some highly uncomfortable facts that prevent it:
1. Our economy is sick unto death with no cure in sight.
2. Ditto Europe’s economy, except moreso.
4. The first of the great famine/drought-driven migrations is at hand in Somalia, and we are going to see more, including one here.
5. Congress.
6. The White House.

That’s enough, wouldn’t you say?

There seem to be two camps of preppers--the run-and-hide camp and the stay-and-fight-it-out camp. I’m trying to decide which makes more sense.

There are something like six post-apocalyptic movies on cable right now, probably the most realistic of which is The Road. It’s a good film, except that it gives Charlize Theron only a few minutes, and if the whiny kid were tagging along with me, I’d sell him to the cannibals for a moldy poncho.

Is Ruger going to make a left-hand Gunsite Scout Rifle anytime soon? I hope so.

from ableskeever wrote 2 years 36 weeks ago

Nothing wrong with stocking up on things you'll use up anyways. Extra rounds, extra stored food, ect...

I already shot up my Y2K ammo stockpile and enjoyed the long-run $ savings.

from tygh98 wrote 2 years 36 weeks ago

Preach on Mr. Petzal

from CL3 wrote 2 years 36 weeks ago

I say, make the best of The Ride and enjoy life. Ignore the crazy people.

When I looked up the MSRP on that sweet sweet Gunsite Scout Rifle I noticed there is a left-handed model.

from auburn_hunter wrote 2 years 36 weeks ago

Looks like CL3 just made Dave cry.

from Jason Hart wrote 2 years 36 weeks ago

I think I would rather be the stay and fight prepper. It fits my style more than the run and hide. Seems like most people who are the run and hide are the ones who don't make it in the first wave of whatever bad is about to happen.

As far as rifles, I finally put my eyes on one of the Gunsite Scouts here the other day. Not bad but wouldn't a Springfield M1A rifles be just as good. At least it would still be in .308 and put some authority on whatever target it is shot at. Just my thoughts on this as I think I would rather have a AR since I am more intimate with it.

from focusfront wrote 2 years 36 weeks ago

I agree with you about the Ruger, but wonder why they made it with a wooden stock. Sort of like making a tank with rubber tires. Why not something synthetic? Or alternatively, why not laminated in Mannlicher style?

from TM wrote 2 years 36 weeks ago

Dave, there are three schools of thought on the point.

1. Pessimists: it's too late to be a prepper. You're already doomed.

2. Optimists: No time like the present. Of course "optimist" is kind of a misnomer here, given we're talking about the end of civilization. So I guess it's all relative.

3. Mindless head-in-sand Zombie: Brains. Give me more brains. Brains. Braaaiiins.

So, there you have it. Worry about it, or eat brains.

from WA Mtnhunter wrote 2 years 36 weeks ago

Never reveal your strategy to the enemy. Have we just decided to let them choke on our worthless paper securities?

from Tony C. wrote 2 years 36 weeks ago

I got a box and a half of MREs, 2 AA batteries and 2 boxes of ammo. Will I need anything else?

from Tony C. wrote 2 years 36 weeks ago

I got a box and a half of MREs, a few flashlight batteries and 2 boxes of ammo. Will I need anything else?

from Clay Cooper wrote 2 years 36 weeks ago

If the above is true then why should we buy gold when you'll be shot for it. The one who is quickest and the most ammo wins!

from davidpetzal wrote 2 years 36 weeks ago

Thank you, CL3. All hail Sturm, Ruger, Inc.!

from Walt Smith wrote 2 years 36 weeks ago

I'm good to go,lots of rations,ammo,batteries and fuel, I'm just waiting for the manure to start flying!

from ishawooa wrote 2 years 36 weeks ago

I suppose I am about as ready now as I intend to be for whatever is coming. Frankly I don't need a scout rifle of any kind as I own weapons which are just as effective or perhaps moreso. Who was the guy that wrote the definitive survival book back in the early seventies? Anyway he professed that the best weapon for any "end of the world" situation was a plain old 10/22 and lots of bricks of .22 LR. He might have been right but he died some time ago so he will never know. I often am pained by the fact that my dad's second wife disposed of his guns immediately after his death as she no doubt knew that I would be coming for them. The up side of the matter is that most of them were left handed creating a situation that would be ungainly for his right handed son. Oh well...now where did I bury all that Y2K stuff?

from jim in nc wrote 2 years 36 weeks ago

Oooh, David--are you sure you want to get into this sort of stuff? This topic is a rock I think I'd rather not turn over.

-3 Good Comment? | | Report
from jim in nc wrote 2 years 36 weeks ago

-2 Good Comment? | | Report
from jim in nc wrote 2 years 36 weeks ago

-1 Good Comment? | | Report
from ingebrigtsen wrote 2 years 36 weeks ago

weather one is a run or hide or a stay and fight is based on what level of preparedness u are at..
it never hurts to be prepared in a way that allows u to live, no matter what.. humans have done it in several extinction events in the past where 95% of all live on this planet was snuffed out we somehow still managed to survive.. we will again..
but having a 22lr with atleast a couple of thousand shots handy is a great idea even for those that cant afford anything else.. cos atleast u will be able to feed yourself with vital proteins.. learning what plants are edible is also a good idea.. knowledge applied is power even if our current society seem to pay those most inept the biggest wages, the future is gonna be made of men knowing how to survive and thrive in the most adverse conditions.. be smart, be prepared..

from cody5 wrote 2 years 36 weeks ago

Dave, this appears to me some of the same circumstances that led to the Great Depression. If were are doomed to travel down this road, what would you suggest to have in ones arsenal? Pistols, rifles, and shotguns? Does one need a rifle that will shoot 0.50" groups at a bazillion yards (eg. Ruger Gunsite Scout Rifle) or would a gun that can effectively provide meat suffice? Of course armageddon is always a good excuse to buy really cool stuff.

from Scott Jones wrote 2 years 36 weeks ago

Check out Dilbert from July 31st.

Your preparations might should include a list of sources for supplies.

I'm working on my first aid supplies. One item I noticed from the videos of the earthquake in Japan was the emergency blankets that suddenly appeared everywhere.

from focusfront wrote 2 years 36 weeks ago

On the other hand, let us say you DO see disaster ahead. Certainly everyone should have a store of food laid by, not to outlast the world-wide famine, but to hold you over in case the streets become to hot to leave the house. We already all have guns; looters don't like that. Gold? A pound of gold won't fill my belly nearly as well as a pound of Dinty Moore Beef Stew. Or protect my family as well as a pound of bullets. Hard to talk like this without sounding like a nut, isn't it? But look at Europe and the mideast and ask yourself where you'd like to be if a riot broke out a block from your house.

from focusfront wrote 2 years 36 weeks ago

3kidsdad;

Awesome strip. Too true.

from fredcs25 wrote 2 years 36 weeks ago

It is always best to be prepared and never have to use it then to need it and not have it,so yes it would be wise to prepare and become a prepper just in case.After the fact it will be to late.

from shane wrote 2 years 36 weeks ago

"3. Climate change is here, not coming, and it doesn’t look like it’s going to be a lot of laughs."

WHAT?!?

I have set myself up so that, in the event of these sort of events, I will quickly become a cult leader.

from Ralph the Rifleman wrote 2 years 36 weeks ago

Well then; thankfully us Brave souls die but once, while you cowards die many deaths...NOW may we talk of GUNS and all the firey flash they produce in our misrable lives here on Earth?

from hengst wrote 2 years 36 weeks ago

If you havn't been a prepper since the election results revealed our communist/socialist/dictator ruining the U.S on purpose pres. then you are behind the curve.

The heck of the matter is as it stands right now he has no true competition (in the majorities eyes) so he could get re-elected unless the GOP gets their heads out of their fourth point of contact.

Prep away, worst case scenario I have stuff for the range, camping, hunting and means to buy more.

from O Garcia wrote 2 years 36 weeks ago

there's nothing wrong with the Ranch Rifle from Ruger, Sir DP. It's based on the Garand action, is available in 7.62x39, which should handle deer, capybaras (giant rats!), most Texas feral hogs you can manage to consume, and the occasional two-legged varmint, if it ever comes to that, and is a Ruger. Enough said.

But a left handed Gunsite Scout would be nice. Why not have both?

from ingebrigtsen wrote 2 years 36 weeks ago

the scout already comes in a leftie.. that our revered gun-afficionado dont know that already is a point of distrust to me 0-0

from O Garcia wrote 2 years 36 weeks ago

Doomsday scenario overdrive:

If you have grass, get an ox. it will pull a lot and will tide you over when gasoline runs out, will not require expensive harness, and if it dies, you can always eat it.
(Of course, if you eat horse and mule meat, this should not be a problem, if that's the case, get a horse because the last thing you want is to get in a fight because some dude laughed at you because you're riding an ox.)

Raise goats. They eat anything, although they're particular about clean water.

Heck, raise pigs.

Sweet potatoes and yams. Edible roots, edible tips. You can raise them yourselves. If you don't like vegetables, learn to like them.

Maybe now is the time you learned about gasifiers for extracting fuel gas from wood, coal and even old rubber tires. Or extracting methane from the manure of the pigs you're raising. You don't necessarily need to convert your vehicles, but at least you can have that generator running. If you have two diesel trucks, convert one to preheated vegetable oil use.

We'll always have black powder. You can get saltpeter from dried cow's urine. Black powder works with many old cartridges and percussion locks. When you run out of primers, switch to flint locks and match locks. You can make your own slow matches using dried urine.

Time to develop your archery skills. A longbow will not match a compound for sheer shooting ability, but at least you can build one yourself.

Snares and traps.

Finally, get Charlize Theron to walk down the road with you.

Don't take me seriously, this whole post is a joke.

from Drew McClure wrote 2 years 36 weeks ago

You would like that movie. Rain water taste like coal down here and thats only when you have rainwater left over. The ground water is flamable here. I wonder who will be left to sharpen your diamondblades?

from Quiet Loner wrote 2 years 36 weeks ago

Much, but not all, of the Somolia starvation is caused by the guys with the guns starving the innocents on purpose.
Climate change may be here but this year appears to be part of a repetitive cycle like the dust bowl years and the early '50s. The bad news is this part of the cycle typically lasts about 10 years. A news article missed by most said satellites are recording much more heat being lost into space now than was expected. Seems the CO2 isn't holding in like we thought. This may explain data showing a global cycle has started.
I rationalize that all the different calibers/guages I have accumulated will allow me to fire almost any ammo I can find.
All those horses standing around since equine slaughterhouses were banned will make tasty eatin'. By the way, burro isn't bad in a pinch....about like mule.
A question to ponder...if cannibalism becomes necessary and one slays an assh--e who needed killing anyway. If one should fillet said assh--e and dry the meat strips in the sun, would he then have jerked jerk?

from Carney wrote 2 years 36 weeks ago

Still can't figure out why anyone wants that Gunsite Scout Rifle.

from WA Mtnhunter wrote 2 years 36 weeks ago

If you chambered the Ruger Gunsite rifle in, say, .30-40 Krag or .30 Remington you could make it even more useless.

from SL wrote 2 years 36 weeks ago

I go a bit crazy when the scout rifle is mentioned. It's creator Col. Cooper talked about it in every paragraph of his endless rants. I see absolutely NO advantage of owning a rifle like that over an ordinary bolt action rifle. It seems like numerous gun manufacturers have been suckered into making their version of one. Why they continue to get suckered will forever be a mystery to me. I just can't see these rifles being hot sellers for them.

from CL3 wrote 2 years 36 weeks ago

aside from the useless 10 round mag (not to mention illegal for hunting I'm sure in most states), why wouldn't the rifle be a great brush gun? .308 too powerful?

from white bison wrote 2 years 36 weeks ago

"The Sky is Falling...Chicken Little"...but maybe the Sky is really falling?
There is no lack of things to worry about...at least we are not Somalis dying of starvation?
Its all relative...I'm an Optimist...at least I'll feel better..
Aloha,

Tom from Cody

from Hoski wrote 2 years 36 weeks ago

O lord, must be a slow day for ol' Dave.

-3 Good Comment? | | Report
from Scott Jones wrote 2 years 36 weeks ago

I think Ruger got it right the first time with the Frontier. Apparently I was about the only one who thought so. I didn't buy one because I already had two Ruger bolt rifles in .308. I still think the short, lightweight handy rifle in a major caliber with the forward mounted optic holds alot of potential. I can't see the magazine, flash hider, etc as being more than marketing. I'm still watching the used rifle racks for a Frontier...

from jjas wrote 2 years 36 weeks ago

Live off the land? Many of us better take a pharmacy with us.....why?

The vast majority of the people in this country are overweight, out of shape and wouldn't last any longer than the point when their meds for blood pressure and/or diabetes runs out.....

from tom warner wrote 2 years 36 weeks ago

Much to complex a question(s) to be answered in less than a lengthy essay. Many shelves of books and articles have already been written with no conclusion, except that human behavior is hopelessly stupid. All empires eventually collapse. No societies endure. The end of ours is being hastened by all the usual suspects. Life has been very good for most of us during the past century. We may as well just enjoy what time might remain.

from Douglas wrote 2 years 36 weeks ago

The only way to get prepped is to get close to the Lord.

from Oryx wrote 2 years 36 weeks ago

In times like these, with all of the above reasons, I find the only thing that helps is a sunset, a whiskey, and this song:

from RJ Arena wrote 2 years 36 weeks ago

Oryx,
You had to pull one of my favorite movies - so good the duke had to make it 3 times!
My question is the same over the years, what character would you be? as the years roll by for me it keeps changing, life does that to you.

from ableskeever wrote 2 years 36 weeks ago

For an animal to have around that is low maintenance, I'd put llamas on that list. I've been on pack trips where they ate pine needles and thistles no problem. They can pack 100 lb easily and take to trials like mountain goats. They grow wool which you can use to make clothing, and they protect themselves from predators pretty well too.

Anybody know how to make a long-term water filtration from scratch? Save a pot for boiling your water. Might be a painful survival situation if you have giardia.

from Walt Smith wrote 2 years 36 weeks ago

The nice thing about living in the country vs a metropolis is where is the action gonna start? Certainly not in a town of 1500 people, which means I'll have plenty of time to gather any additional supplies, probably weeks.

from Mark-1 wrote 2 years 36 weeks ago

Hey, the Mayan Thing will come first. I'm more worried about finding hunkering down inside a community with a well supplied drug store at my age.

Just remember Mel Tappan died from from the effects of a glass cut swimming in his pool.

from Mike Diehl wrote 2 years 36 weeks ago

A person that is really Prepared has both a bug out and a stand plan. Layers of both in fact. Likely the people whose initial response is to stand and die are going to just die. The ones who bug out in a panicked, ill planned way will fare no better.

from Mike Diehl wrote 2 years 36 weeks ago

I'm not worried about the Mayan thing. Sources close to me tell me that archaeologists just haven't cleared the jungle off the rest of the calendar yet.

from WA Mtnhunter wrote 2 years 36 weeks ago

Mike Diehl

Just like we used to say (wrt your bug out folks), "When the Rangers come calling, no use in running. You'll just die tired".

from sgaredneck wrote 2 years 36 weeks ago

Carney, WAM,
They could have at least put a bottle opener feature on the Gunsite Scout like the Israelis did on their Galil. Ten years from now Gunsite Scouts will litter the pawnshops with all the other faux-tacticool flotsam and jetsam.

from Mark-1 wrote 2 years 36 weeks ago

The Road by Cormac McCarthy=Great Literature although I wonder how Cormac passed 9th grade English with the weird punctuation. O well, Hemingway wrote long, rambling sentences.

The kid was a drag in the book also, DP

from Mike Diehl wrote 2 years 36 weeks ago

@WaM - If it comes to that, there won't be any "rangers" as such.

from Michigan Gunner wrote 2 years 36 weeks ago

It never hurts to have some extra things on hand just in case. Be sure to have lots of beer........no kidding. You will have all the help you need if you have beer.

MG

from focusfront wrote 2 years 36 weeks ago

Honestly, I do wonder what the appropriate level of prep should be. Unless you live on 1000 acres of wilderness surrounded by an extremely high, strong fence, you can forget about taking your rifle and living off the land. The number one threat is always other people: the number one asset is other people. If the electricity and water gets turned off for a month most big cities are doomed. My nightmare scenario is that we have such a bad president that things go so far downhill that martial law is declared, and he stays in office forever. Don't think that'll happen this go round, but it may down the road.

from Jim in Mo wrote 2 years 36 weeks ago

Dave,
Your wrong on one count, as far as I can count, and that is "Climate Change" is not here! IT HAPPENS, every millenium or so.
PS, screw Al Gore.

from 99explorer wrote 2 years 36 weeks ago

I'm not worried at all. I can envision the government helicopters dropping food packages in little parachutes all over the country:-)

from O Garcia wrote 2 years 36 weeks ago

what Colonel Cooper really needed was an old Mauser with an Aimpoint T1 Micro on a rail just in front of the forward receiver ring. That would have given him pretty much what he intended with the low powered scope, and it would be lighter too. And he can still load fast with stripper clips.

from WA Mtnhunter wrote 2 years 36 weeks ago

Mike Diehl

True. Just an old saying that I saw resurrected on a poster a while back that fit the banter. Well, at least I thought so! LOL

from AlaskanExile wrote 2 years 36 weeks ago

Dr. Petzal;
I have heard, only second hand, that Left-Handed scout rifles do exist. My brother received; at his brick-and-mortar gun store; 2 left-handed scouts in his latest visit from "Brown Santa" i.e. UPS. He aksed me if I wanted one. To which I replied that if he couldn't sell them otherwise, I might be interested, just for the novelty of the thing. Someday some "Ruger Geek" is going to pay me big bucks for it. I won't even shoot it, and I'll leave the "hang-tags" on it!
I've handled a righty, and I frankly don't see the point. The barrel is short, the stock is long, and the magazine is both long, and of low-capacity.
I've finally returned to Alaska, but don't know how to change my handle without losing my points!
AKX

from hermit crab wrote 2 years 36 weeks ago

from shazam wrote 2 years 36 weeks ago

>>Can someone explain to me why any rifle in any caliber is a better multi-purpose, do-it-all tool than a 12 gauge shotgun?

'cause occassionally you may want to "do it all" at a range greater than 100 yards. (although I do like my 870)

from Jere Smith wrote 2 years 36 weeks ago

Betchurazz!

from 007 wrote 2 years 36 weeks ago

I think we're seeing prophesy come to pass.

from lyndonavery wrote 2 years 36 weeks ago

I would have to say that I am a "stay and fight" kind of guy and I think, Dave, if you put a request in at Ruger they just might accommodate you.

from Remaxman wrote 2 years 36 weeks ago

I've got my supplies and I sleep GREAT!!!!
1. Food
2. Water
3. Ammo
4. More Ammo
5. Extra Ammo
6. Additional Ammo
7. Back up Ammo
I think that pretty much does it...

from coachsjike wrote 2 years 36 weeks ago

dave and anyone else that might know:
there has been lots of rumor that the government is presently making biodegradeable gun powder. any truth to that?

from PigHunter wrote 2 years 36 weeks ago

First, prove to me "Climate Change" is 1) here and 2) something I need to worry about.

No matter if they stand or flee, loners won't last long unless they can successfully hide. Communities and other groups will fare better by pooling resources. Cultivate your relationships.

from CCMJS wrote 2 years 36 weeks ago

Has anyone been watching the zombie attacks (riots) in England? Could it happen here (U.S.A.)?

from Zermoid wrote 2 years 36 weeks ago

I'd say stay and fight too.

Unless you know of a remote and defensible location you are better off staying where you are at and defend what you got, if the food or water runs out then you may want to rethink things.
Hunkering down, at least at first, has another advantage, many of the competing forces will have killed each other off after a while, leaving you with less enemy combatants to worry about avoiding.
Always a good thing in a live or die situation....

from Zermoid wrote 2 years 36 weeks ago

@ Remaxman,

Love the List!!!
you missed #8. supplies to make more ammo

from damo450 wrote 2 years 35 weeks ago

David Petzal, this link is for you!

The gunsite in a lefty!

from combat.medic wrote 2 years 33 weeks ago

Remaxman: so about all that ammo... I don't suppose you have a gun to shoot it out of? Everyone says "ammo, ammo, ammo," but nobody ever mentions the first gun, much less second, third, or fourth. A lot could be learned from the movie "Zombieland" ...for instance, the double-tap. And he who runs fastest, survives longest. Just to name a few, and there are others. I'm making sure I use the military system for my plans: the PACE system. Primary, Alternate, Contingency, and Emergency. Four different plans that may or may not intersect. I recommend the same for others. It helps to subscribe to The Wild Chef and especially read his blog post about the bare minimum camp-cooking supplies. Two words--Drop Box. Also applies to other supplies. One for food, one for weapons, one for other supplies. Don't forget about personal hygiene.

from jmshackelfo@aol.com wrote 2 years 33 weeks ago

A lot of my friends joke about the zombie wars, but when you really look at things this is the kind of things they mean. I would put the White House as number one, but... They are stocking up on ammo, canned foods, ect. But I always remember what a old Capt told me "A true Ranger only carries what he needs to get something better".

from Carney wrote 2 years 36 weeks ago

Still can't figure out why anyone wants that Gunsite Scout Rifle.

from TM wrote 2 years 36 weeks ago

Dave, there are three schools of thought on the point.

1. Pessimists: it's too late to be a prepper. You're already doomed.

So, there you have it. Worry about it, or eat brains.

from ishawooa wrote 2 years 36 weeks ago

from ingebrigtsen wrote 2 years 36 weeks ago

from Scott Jones wrote 2 years 36 weeks ago

Check out Dilbert from July 31st.

Your preparations might should include a list of sources for supplies.

from jjas wrote 2 years 36 weeks ago

Live off the land? Many of us better take a pharmacy with us.....why?

from Quiet Loner wrote 2 years 36 weeks ago

from WA Mtnhunter wrote 2 years 36 weeks ago

from tom warner wrote 2 years 36 weeks ago

from ableskeever wrote 2 years 36 weeks ago

I already shot up my Y2K ammo stockpile and enjoyed the long-run $ savings.

from tygh98 wrote 2 years 36 weeks ago

Preach on Mr. Petzal

from Jason Hart wrote 2 years 36 weeks ago

from WA Mtnhunter wrote 2 years 36 weeks ago

from Clay Cooper wrote 2 years 36 weeks ago

from cody5 wrote 2 years 36 weeks ago

from focusfront wrote 2 years 36 weeks ago

from focusfront wrote 2 years 36 weeks ago

3kidsdad;

Awesome strip. Too true.

from shane wrote 2 years 36 weeks ago

WHAT?!?

from O Garcia wrote 2 years 36 weeks ago

Doomsday scenario overdrive:

Raise goats. They eat anything, although they're particular about clean water.

Heck, raise pigs.

Snares and traps.

Finally, get Charlize Theron to walk down the road with you.

Don't take me seriously, this whole post is a joke.

from white bison wrote 2 years 36 weeks ago

"The Sky is Falling...Chicken Little"...but maybe the Sky is really falling?
Its all relative...I'm an Optimist...at least I'll feel better..
Aloha,

Tom from Cody

from sgaredneck wrote 2 years 36 weeks ago

Carney, WAM,

from auburn_hunter wrote 2 years 36 weeks ago

Looks like CL3 just made Dave cry.

from focusfront wrote 2 years 36 weeks ago

from Tony C. wrote 2 years 36 weeks ago

from Walt Smith wrote 2 years 36 weeks ago

from fredcs25 wrote 2 years 36 weeks ago

from Ralph the Rifleman wrote 2 years 36 weeks ago

from O Garcia wrote 2 years 36 weeks ago

But a left handed Gunsite Scout would be nice. Why not have both?

from Drew McClure wrote 2 years 36 weeks ago

from SL wrote 2 years 36 weeks ago

from Scott Jones wrote 2 years 36 weeks ago

from Douglas wrote 2 years 36 weeks ago

The only way to get prepped is to get close to the Lord.

from Walt Smith wrote 2 years 36 weeks ago

from Mike Diehl wrote 2 years 36 weeks ago

from focusfront wrote 2 years 36 weeks ago

from shazam wrote 2 years 36 weeks ago

from jmshackelfo@aol.com wrote 2 years 33 weeks ago

from CL3 wrote 2 years 36 weeks ago

I say, make the best of The Ride and enjoy life. Ignore the crazy people.

from davidpetzal wrote 2 years 36 weeks ago

Thank you, CL3. All hail Sturm, Ruger, Inc.!

from hengst wrote 2 years 36 weeks ago

from ingebrigtsen wrote 2 years 36 weeks ago

from CL3 wrote 2 years 36 weeks ago

from Mark-1 wrote 2 years 36 weeks ago

from Mike Diehl wrote 2 years 36 weeks ago

from Mike Diehl wrote 2 years 36 weeks ago

@WaM - If it comes to that, there won't be any "rangers" as such.

from Michigan Gunner wrote 2 years 36 weeks ago

MG

from Jim in Mo wrote 2 years 36 weeks ago

Dave,
PS, screw Al Gore.

from 99explorer wrote 2 years 36 weeks ago

from hermit crab wrote 2 years 36 weeks ago

from 007 wrote 2 years 36 weeks ago

I think we're seeing prophesy come to pass.

from lyndonavery wrote 2 years 36 weeks ago

from Remaxman wrote 2 years 36 weeks ago

I've got my supplies and I sleep GREAT!!!!
1. Food
2. Water
3. Ammo
4. More Ammo
5. Extra Ammo
6. Additional Ammo
7. Back up Ammo
I think that pretty much does it...

from CCMJS wrote 2 years 36 weeks ago

from Jere Smith wrote 2 years 36 weeks ago

Betchurazz!

from coachsjike wrote 2 years 36 weeks ago

dave and anyone else that might know:

from PigHunter wrote 2 years 36 weeks ago

from Zermoid wrote 2 years 36 weeks ago

I'd say stay and fight too.

Always a good thing in a live or die situation....

from Zermoid wrote 2 years 36 weeks ago

@ Remaxman,

Love the List!!!
you missed #8. supplies to make more ammo

from damo450 wrote 2 years 35 weeks ago

David Petzal, this link is for you!

The gunsite in a lefty!

from jim in nc wrote 2 years 36 weeks ago

-1 Good Comment? | | Report
from jim in nc wrote 2 years 36 weeks ago

-2 Good Comment? | | Report
from jim in nc wrote 2 years 36 weeks ago

-3 Good Comment? | | Report
from Hoski wrote 2 years 36 weeks ago

O lord, must be a slow day for ol' Dave.

-3 Good Comment? | | Report