Browning Invector DS Choke Tube System

The Gun Nuts

January 17, 2012

Browning Invector DS Choke Tube System

Check out the newest shotgun choke-tube system from Browning.

from RES1956 wrote 2 years 13 weeks ago

"It Centers the choke tube in the barrel, is that important? Beats me but I'll buy it." How important is it to have the shot leave the barrel in the same direction the gun is pointing? I would ask, "Who is this imbesile," but I don't know how to spell it.

from Ralph the Rifleman wrote 2 years 13 weeks ago

OVER inventing the choke, you say? Maybe?

from WA Mtnhunter wrote 2 years 13 weeks ago

I always like my shot to leave the barrel the same direction it is pointing! LOL

New alibi for my P.P. shooting: "Hey, my choke tube must not be concentric!"

from Hugoflats wrote 2 years 13 weeks ago

Makes sense in theory but this was obviously recorded at a range; would have been nice to see some quick patterns to support claims.

from Douglas wrote 2 years 13 weeks ago

Another brass ring to grab at.

from Sayfu wrote 2 years 13 weeks ago

I'm not buyin these extended choke tubes because of the longer choke area, and thus better performance The top shots at the club I have talked to on this very issue tell me it is more hype than fact. The one guy told me that he had a several boxes of extended tubes he'd sell me cheap. Said he could have bought a new car with the money he spent on special tubes. Now can one be made to last longer? Maybe so. When the guy said "I don't know, but what the heck I'd buy one" I'm with RES1956 on this one. My problem with the extended tubes on my O/U for hunting is I would get a lengthy piece of weed stuck between the tubes.
What I do believe in though for tighter patterns is the Flite Master wad that Federal puts in their Prairie Storm shells, or the little metal protrusions that Carlson, I believe, uses in one of their choke tube designs, that seperates the wad cup from the shot BEFORE it leaves the muzzle. And if you have one of them you should NOT shoot the Prairie Storm loads through it. But they both do the same thing.

from dleurquin wrote 2 years 13 weeks ago

Looks good to me.

from marycgreaney wrote 2 years 13 weeks ago

I have used shotguns with chokes and without I would give this one a try to see the pattern myself but not sure if I would use for anything but shooting contests http://executivegunrunners.com

from RES1956 wrote 2 years 13 weeks ago

from Ralph the Rifleman wrote 2 years 13 weeks ago

OVER inventing the choke, you say? Maybe?

from WA Mtnhunter wrote 2 years 13 weeks ago

New alibi for my P.P. shooting: "Hey, my choke tube must not be concentric!"

from Hugoflats wrote 2 years 13 weeks ago

from Douglas wrote 2 years 13 weeks ago

Another brass ring to grab at.

from Sayfu wrote 2 years 13 weeks ago