Customize Your Remington Varmint or Target Rifle with the Elite Series Timney Trigger

The Gun Nuts

January 16, 2014

By The Editors

With a few simple gunsmithing tools and a trigger from the Timney Elite Series, you can turn your Remington 700 or Remington 7 varmint or target rifle into a tack driver. You can set these triggers from 8 ounces to 2.5 pounds. The Calvin Elite will retail for about $210.

from kudukid wrote 12 weeks 6 days ago

The Sweany/Walker/Haskell designed trigger that came standard on my 700 is already excellent.

from makersman wrote 12 weeks 6 days ago

these are awesome triggers. I am shooting one on a custom mauser my grandfather built back in 1961. It is a tack driver still after all these years.

from Tim Platt wrote 12 weeks 5 days ago

Remington 700 factory triggers can be amazing. If yours is bad and you have had it worked on and it is still bad this is the way to go. It is what I would buy.

Ruger 10/22 triggers are best replaced. I replaced mine with a Volquartsen for about the same price. How is your Timney? Mine is very consistent. It has the same feel the whole time your finger is on the trigger. Smooth, consistent pull throughout the whole motion, breaks at exactly the same place exactly every time.

A David Tubb target hammer will give you a consistent, light pull cheap.

from RockySquirrel wrote 12 weeks 3 days ago

Will this trigger fit a REM760 (an older 7600)? Not that my trigger is bad, but better is better.

from RockySquirrel wrote 12 weeks 2 days ago

I looked up the Timney web site. No Timney triggers for the 760. Too bad.

from kudukid wrote 12 weeks 6 days ago

from makersman wrote 12 weeks 6 days ago

from Tim Platt wrote 12 weeks 5 days ago

A David Tubb target hammer will give you a consistent, light pull cheap.

from RockySquirrel wrote 12 weeks 3 days ago

from RockySquirrel wrote 12 weeks 2 days ago

I looked up the Timney web site. No Timney triggers for the 760. Too bad.