New Duck Gun: Remington Versa Max Waterfowl Pro

The Gun Nuts

January 16, 2014

New Duck Gun: Remington Versa Max Waterfowl Pro

By The Editors

The original Versa Max is a great waterfowl gun, but this year Remington is looking to make it even better. Borrowing some features from the tactical version of the Versa Max, Remington added an extended bolt handle, an oversized bolt release, and an extra-large safety for easier operation with heavy gloves.

Add these features to a shotgun that already does a good job of cutting down on felt recoil and has an adjustable stock for different shooting conditions, and you've got a duck and goose gun that's tough to beat in adverse weather.

from PbHead wrote 13 weeks 6 days ago

Thanks Phil and Dave for such great reports. I have two questions: How come Phil is out in the crowds and at the range while Dave gets almost a private studio for his reports? Does this have something to do with age?

Where are the Booth Babes?

from Dangle wrote 13 weeks 5 days ago

All the features for using gloves. Is the trigger guard any larger for glove use, I fear glove use, and a larger bolt release lever means it is easier to bump it, and have the gun not fire. When the bolt is closed in an autoloader it isn't locked just closed under tension.

from Ontario Honker ... wrote 13 weeks 5 days ago

I like the idea of the adjustable stock for varying conditions. When I'm pheasant hunting in Montana the temps can jump quite a bit during the course of a day. I have to add or shed layers accordingly which requires changing the length of pull. Presently I do this by adding or removing a slip on recoil pad. That works okay unless my fingers are cold. Those things don't just slip on. They dang near require a shoe horn! And they are ugly ... which doesn't really bother me that much. The docs say I really should be looking at getting a softer shooting auto ... or I may not be looking at anything (retina problems). Haven't bought a gun in forty years but I'm definitely going to check out this one. Thanks.

from Dangle wrote 13 weeks 5 days ago

Clothes don't tend to bother me any when the stock is cut down so that the stock comes right to my check, and no tendency to get shouldered, and then the need to drop your head to get the cheek to the stock, and your eye properly placed. as long as the rt. hand grip is an 1 1/2" back away from your eye no recoil problem banging your eye. Have the stock so long that your eye is a lot farther back on the stock, and now you have a clothing problem.

from Ontario Honker ... wrote 13 weeks 5 days ago

from PbHead wrote 13 weeks 6 days ago

Where are the Booth Babes?

from Dangle wrote 13 weeks 5 days ago