New Rifle Scope: Nightforce SHV

The Gun Nuts

January 21, 2014

New Rifle Scope: Nightforce SHV

By David E. Petzal

Nightforce was able to keep the costs down on its new SHV (Shooter, Hunter, Varminter) by utilizing simpler controls, employing a less complex manufacturing process, and by reducing the overbuilding that goes into their tactical scopes. The SHV will stand up to any kind of sane treatment, but you can’t break rocks with it, or chock truck tires, or beat recalcitrant mules, as you can with the higher-priced Nightforces.

It comes with a choice of two reticles (you can see these on the website), the MOAR and the IHR, which is much simpler, and would be my choice unless I wanted to shoot at very long range.

It’s a 4X-14X-56 variable with a 30mm tube, and sells for $1,195 with an illuminated reticle and $995 for non-illuminated models. (See my previous blog on this the SHV).

from nomansland wrote 12 weeks 5 days ago

Who the heck decided that $1000 is now an "affordable" rifle scope?!

from Tim Platt wrote 12 weeks 4 days ago

Leupold when they started putting out junk for north of $500...

from Tim Platt wrote 12 weeks 4 days ago

euro optic has them for $975 but they are not yet available. You can backorder them now if you want.

from DakotaMan wrote 12 weeks 11 hours ago

Thanks for doing these little videos DEP. They are great! Looks like a good idea for sure. When they put out a 6-24x for that price, I am ready to buy. In the mean time I'll just keep using the Leupold.

from Clay Cooper wrote 11 weeks 4 days ago

Nightforce SHV affordability is as to Obamacare affordable care act, both laughable! I'll stick to my Leupold's which are already Alaskan proven and less than $300.00. My VX-II's have served me well!!!

from nomansland wrote 12 weeks 5 days ago

Who the heck decided that $1000 is now an "affordable" rifle scope?!

from Clay Cooper wrote 11 weeks 4 days ago

from Tim Platt wrote 12 weeks 4 days ago

Leupold when they started putting out junk for north of $500...

from Tim Platt wrote 12 weeks 4 days ago