Ryder 22A: Surefire's First .22 Suppressor for the Civilian Market

The Gun Nuts

January 14, 2014

Ryder 22A: Surefire's First .22 Suppressor for the Civilian Market

By The Editors

All of Surefire's previous suppressors were designed for the military and police market, though civilians could own them. This meant top-line products, but at a premium price. The Ryder 22A however was designed specifically for civilian shooters and hunters. It brings the great Surefire design and durability to a suppressor that is affordable for the regular Joe.  It weighs only 3.1 ounces and will retail for about $469.

If you haven't shot with a suppressor before, the Ryder 22A would make a great first can.

from TM wrote 13 weeks 4 days ago

Do you need a special permit or license for one or is it National Firearms Act compliant?

from Tim Platt wrote 13 weeks 3 days ago

I guess this is a silencer, noise suppressor is more politically correct and probably what they are really called. My scope of reality has a lot of Hollyweird in it, I hope less than most Americans.

I have a friend that has one and he said you just have to pay $200 to have a license for it. Maybe it is every year. Either way we can shoot his pistol into the hills in his backyard at midnight and there are neighbors on either side. It is really nice. He has a 9mm Sig that he bought that came from the factory with threads in it for the silencer, as we call it...

from Tim Platt wrote 13 weeks 3 days ago

We don't make a habit of shooting at midnight, I was making a point about how quiet it really is. I guess it has to slow it down to under 1126 fps? 767 mph. Does it do that? My pellet rifle is almost that fast. I admit my basic lack of understanding of this product.

from coachsjike wrote 13 weeks 3 days ago

wow a silencer for a 22 for civilian use? i can't even find 22 ammo! oh yeah the liberal dems are gonna have a field day with this one!

from TM wrote 13 weeks 4 days ago