The Last Fishing App You'll Ever Need

The Lateral Line

February 17, 2012

The Last Fishing App You'll Ever Need

By Joe Cermele

by Joe Cermele

If you're a smartphone user and a fisherman, here's the last app you'll ever have to buy. Isn't technology just amazing? I'm still in shock over this one. I'm going to spend the weekend figuring out how they developed this revolutionary software, right after I make a few tweaks to the flux capacitor in my lawn mower.

(If you're looking for a real fishing app, check out Catchbook, Field & Stream's new social fishing journal for the iPhone).

from themadflyfisher wrote 2 years 8 weeks ago

That's pretty funny! Now people can see how many fish are in the stream and how many ghosts around..

I finally got my flux cap. in order now it's just getting the cub cadet to 88mph !!

from bassman06 wrote 2 years 8 weeks ago

That's sexy.

from Blue Ox wrote 2 years 8 weeks ago

Now if they come up with an app that'll help me find a matching pair of socks, my life will be complete...

from rolltidebama816 wrote 2 years 8 weeks ago

sorry to break everyone's hearts but this app is actually a fake

from nitrojoe wrote 2 years 8 weeks ago

I heard the next version to come out will give the correct lure selection to match that fishes mood!

from Dcast wrote 2 years 8 weeks ago

rolltidebama, not to be a smart donkey but, DUUUUUHHHHHH!

from dleurquin wrote 2 years 8 weeks ago

Another cool idea too good to be true. Dang.

from Joe Moon wrote 2 years 8 weeks ago

Ok you got me...I just tried to download FishFinder from the Apps Store on my iPhone. It is a joke. It is just a program you can use to play a trick on your friends or fellow fishng buddies, per the explination of the App in iTunes. FYI, I don't think so...not for $2.99. LOL!!

from RockySquirrel wrote 2 years 8 weeks ago

Captain: the Dilithium crystals will be overloaded, when we turn on the sensor array. Full speed ahead Warp factor 15Hp. This isn't as far out as you might think.

OK; This one excites me There are some fish apps that actually work for my android. Some are pretty good giving you lure advice, BUT the best is called RIVER FLOWS. It taps the USGS database of up to the minute sensor data for many streams and rivers all along its length. It displays the volume of water passing the sensor, the rate, the temperature and turbidity and height. Store your favorite stream or river and see what is doing many many miles up stream and when those changes will be where you are fishing. Another great APP is the National Weather Service up to date maps. I was small mouth fishing last year up to 90 minutes BEFORE a hurricane, because I could see the storm front on the APP up to the minute. I have an APP that gives me the solunar table for my area based on the GPS. I have 1 that has all knots you can ever need, in case you suddenly have brain fade in the boat and forget how to tie it. I have 1 that has all birds of North America, want to know what that yellow flying tweeter is, look it up instantly, I even have an APP that uses trig (remember those days SIN,COS,TAN) to give you distance to an object. It isn't perfect, but gives a solid rough guess. I have an APP with the entire Army survival manual downloaded, I have a lightning app. See lighting, press a button. Hear lighting press it again. You get the exact flash to bang time and therefore distance. I have an app with a bunch of novels stored in the phone so when camping and hunting are slow, I can read. Oh AND IT MAKES PHONE CALLS TOO!!!

F&S had one for the RUT but it was only for the iPhone. Come on F&S, Android owners hunt and fish too, A column on all the valuable outdoor apps might be a good idea.

from stick500 wrote 2 years 8 weeks ago

I think they grabbed the SONAR sound effect from "Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea".

-1 Good Comment? | | Report
from jbell6826 wrote 2 years 8 weeks ago

That can't be to far out of the realm of possibilities. Just wait and see. Although, I like to leave my phone far from my fishing holes. Gotta get away from it all!

from Ryan Neumeister wrote 2 years 7 weeks ago

So i think i should of read the reviews before i bought the app...

from jamesti wrote 2 years 7 weeks ago

rocky, what's the name of that weather service app? couldn't find it.

from The Musky Kid wrote 1 year 22 weeks ago

From the guy you invented "The OFISHIAL FISH-WHISTLE"! (DNR UN-approved!)back in the 1970's, you almost had me going there for a minute! Then reality kicked in! Besides, he should have priced the "app" more like, "Three for $10.00 BUCKS"! or "Two for a FIN, $5.00"!
Hey, maybe it's time for a come-back? Hmmmmmm,
"Son of a FISH-WHISTLE"!
The Musky Kid!

from FishOnFl wrote 1 year 8 weeks ago

I found a great Android App on Google play! It is called Fishin Pal It has several state versions I bought the Oregon version. Has tides, streamflows, solunar tables, and fishing reports...and only 1.99
Check it out.

from Dcast wrote 2 years 8 weeks ago

rolltidebama, not to be a smart donkey but, DUUUUUHHHHHH!

from Blue Ox wrote 2 years 8 weeks ago

from nitrojoe wrote 2 years 8 weeks ago

from dleurquin wrote 2 years 8 weeks ago

Another cool idea too good to be true. Dang.

from Joe Moon wrote 2 years 8 weeks ago

from jbell6826 wrote 2 years 8 weeks ago

from Ryan Neumeister wrote 2 years 7 weeks ago

So i think i should of read the reviews before i bought the app...

from themadflyfisher wrote 2 years 8 weeks ago

from bassman06 wrote 2 years 8 weeks ago

That's sexy.

from rolltidebama816 wrote 2 years 8 weeks ago

sorry to break everyone's hearts but this app is actually a fake

from RockySquirrel wrote 2 years 8 weeks ago

from jamesti wrote 2 years 7 weeks ago

rocky, what's the name of that weather service app? couldn't find it.

from The Musky Kid wrote 1 year 22 weeks ago