Muskie Clamps Onto Angler's Foot, Screaming Ensues

The Lateral Line

August 22, 2012

Muskie Clamps Onto Angler's Foot, Screaming Ensues

By Joe Cermele

You know, every muskie outing I've been on required hours upon hours of casting heavy lures and cranking spinners that fought harder than muskies. Then you finally get a follow and the fish turns off as if to say, "nice try, but that's not really a baitfish." Apparently, I'm trying too hard. All you have to do, per video below, is dangle your piggies in the water and muskies latch right on.

from Hunter_Fass wrote 1 year 34 weeks ago

How many of you wanted the Muskie to latch on to the news anchor’s foot?

from DSMbirddog wrote 1 year 34 weeks ago

This isn't that uncommon. Muskies have bitten fingers dangled in the water boatside and a young lady was bitten on an air mattress while floating on one of the lakes in Minneapolis. Predators...go figure.

from nuclear_fisher wrote 1 year 34 weeks ago

Its husky the muskie! I also heard a similar story (actually originating from the Kenora area too) where a man and woman were out fishing and she had given up and decided to just lay out in the sun with her legs over the side of boat and lost a toe or two to a muskie. Of course they've claimed to have seen big foot up there too...

from buckhunter wrote 1 year 34 weeks ago

I have dibs on the human foot muskie lure patent.

from bassman06 wrote 1 year 34 weeks ago

I have also been bit by the family. I got bit by a 3 foot chain pickerel in my grandfather's lake. Of course I learned the reason why after tossing in a line. Baby chains. I like the land predators over the underwater ones.

from Fat guy Aaron wrote 1 year 34 weeks ago

I got bit by a walleye when I was 14. I have to say it wasn't the coolest thing that ever happened to me.

from Blue Ox wrote 1 year 33 weeks ago

First pike I ever brought to the boat, wasn't sure what to do so my dumb a$$ tried to lip him like a bass- still have the scars from that hard learned lesson!

from Michael Yonts wrote 1 year 33 weeks ago

adding my getting bit tale, three weeks I was fishing a series of lakes here in Texas and saw a milk carton move, actually pulled the whole thing underwater. Attached to the illegal trot jug was a long nose gar about 4 feet long. While untangling the line from its mouth he/she swung around an gashed my forearm. No scars, but the bleeding was something to write home to mom about.

from Hunter_Fass wrote 1 year 34 weeks ago

How many of you wanted the Muskie to latch on to the news anchor’s foot?

from buckhunter wrote 1 year 34 weeks ago

I have dibs on the human foot muskie lure patent.

from DSMbirddog wrote 1 year 34 weeks ago