Hurteau: Whitetail Headlines

Whitetail 365

August 31, 2010

Hurteau: Whitetail Headlines

from Steward wrote 3 years 33 weeks ago

On North Dakota Farmer:
I believe the legal system is getting a bit inbred when a person is not ALLOWED to present what is the only reasonable defense for their actions.
On a lighter note, I find it both amusing and apalling that the reporter couldn't decide if this person was a farmer or a rancher!

from Sarge01 wrote 3 years 33 weeks ago

I don't understand the situation. I issued crop damage permits for 35 years for probably 3000 deer that were doing damage to farmers crops . In WV all a farmer has to do is make a complaint to DNR and an Officer investigates and if the farmer is suffering damage he is issued a permit for x amount of deer. We also issued alot of permits to apple orchird owners for damage that bucks did to small apple trees.

from Sarge01 wrote 3 years 33 weeks ago

I don't understand why Uncle Ted wasn't charged for killing an illegal deer. Plea bargaining has gone too far in this country in everything aspect of our laws.

from Steward wrote 3 years 33 weeks ago