Eeek! The Digital Hunter is Here

The Gun Nuts

November 23, 2010

Eeek! The Digital Hunter is Here

By David E. Petzal

Just when I felt I had jointed the 21st century by mastering the Burris Eliminator scope, John Blauvelt sent me word of the Elcan Digital Hunter, which takes electronics and scopes to their logical, and inevitable, conclusion. Unlike the Eliminator, which is a conventional scope with built-in laser rangefinding, the Elcan is completely electronic. The only mechanical component is the diopter focus. The reticles (plural because you can program in new ones) are digital; magnifcation is digital, not optical. Everything is digital.

Unlike the Eliminator, which compensates only for range, the Digital Hunter compensates for distance, wind, barometric pressure, altitude, and God know what else, and you can do the programming on the scope’s keypad itself or hook the scope up to a PC and do it that way.

If you’d like to record your shot for posterity, there is a video camera incorporated in the scope. You can hook up a supplementary viewer to the scope in case your spotter would like to see where your shots are hitting. Eye relief and parallax remain constant regardless of power, which is 2.5X to 16.5X.

The Digital Hunter is about the same size as the Eliminator and costs in the $1,100 range. I’m sure it works quite well. The only problem is that mounting on a rifle seems like putting a fly-by-wire system into a P-51 Mustang. I mean, rifles are so 20th century.

from Mjenkins1 wrote 3 years 21 weeks ago

As neat as that is, in my opinion it's just a little too much. I think most people do just fine with "old fashion" scopes. Cool post though.

from MJC wrote 3 years 21 weeks ago

That scope knows so much more about shooting than I do that it's scary. Barometric pressure? I'd have to put myself through a sniper school just to learn how to use half the stuff.

from ishawooa wrote 3 years 21 weeks ago

I require three tools to accomplish what this device does by itself. Regardless if this sucker broke down or got smashed by my horse 30 miles from the nearest dirt road, not counting on to pavement, I would have to keep a Leupold in my pack as backup to complete my hunt. Its too damned big and ugly. I thought my Nightforce was huge and a boatanchor until I saw this nightmare. I like what it does just don't care for the packageing. Oh well there will be advancements and downsizing next year no doubt.

from Dcast wrote 3 years 21 weeks ago

Wouldn't it be easier to just get closer to your target?(I know logical thinking isn't allowed anymore but please don't turn me into the gestopo!) Might be useful for a military sniper but a hunter come on! You have to go retrieve your damn animal after the shot anyway so get closer then make the shot!

from Jeff Bowers wrote 3 years 21 weeks ago

Some of this stuff IS starting to sound like the Zorg ZF-1.

I may have to wait a few years for the price to come down, but I want something like that.

Dittos ishawooa

Right out of the box I see a problem with it; the lenses are not recessed enough to prevent side glare and abrasion including the buttons getting ripped off. Being electronic, how would it holdup in Arctic Conditions, and placing it in a freezer doesn’t count like some Wonder Boys found out the hard way after freezing a B1 Bomber at Elgin AFB Florida and it sat on our flight line at Eielson AFB until it warmed up enough for flight.

I got to give Elcan Digital Hunter great credit for innovation, but for withstanding meteorological and geographic conditions including the ability to withstand the punishment of the extreme hunter and the vertically challenged to stay upright without winding up on the bottom of the mountain must be factored in.

from Walt Smith wrote 3 years 21 weeks ago

By the time you get done pushing all the buttons and gizzmos that buck will be gone, long gone!! Looks like it will fit right in with the high fence "hunters".

from WA Mtnhunter wrote 3 years 21 weeks ago

While I embrace technology, else I would be by the woodstove at the general store telling no telling what tales, I can not plan my hunt around something battery operated. Well, except maybe my truck that does have abattery required for start up.

But think about all the alibi's and excuses that could be proffered! My ZF-1 had the wrong lattitude plugged in, my Wally World battery died, The bullet company gave me the wrong B.C., my rangefinder function was set to solar flare elimination, the unobtainium case cracked, and on and on.

This would give a bunch of techno hunters and others who can't hit a bull in the butt with a bass fiddle a real set of excuses that the techno savvy would buy. Me, I'll just evaluate lack of meat on the pole as pisspoor shooting.

PS

Or missed seeing the buck sitting there finger poking their digital toys! LOL

from .88Mag wrote 3 years 21 weeks ago

WA Mtnhunter -
"Unobtainium?" Hahaha, funny stuff!
How you diggin this weather? We had 8" on the ground above Kalama this morning. I'll take snow and sunny over rain and cloudy any day of the week!

But I digress.
I still like open sights. This thing here's got no soul.

from Bellringer wrote 3 years 21 weeks ago

WTF Boo Hiss, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER would I put such a device on my rifle. I go hunting to get away from my computer and other hi tech devices that are incrementally taking over my life.

from MJC wrote 3 years 21 weeks ago

Jeff4066- Kudos for the Fifth Element reference... my favorite.

from finnyk wrote 3 years 21 weeks ago

Neat in concept, but the first thing I thought was, "probably too pricey for the everyday guy." The second thing I thought was, "How can you have a feeling of satisfaction after killing a (insert animal of choice) with this thing? It leaves just about nothing to teh hunter's skill, except holding the gun still." Oh, forgot . . . shooting sticks - well, there goes all the hunters skill, right out the window.

from pbshooter1217 wrote 3 years 21 weeks ago

I think this thing will end up being pretty cool in another decade or so. Its too ugly and expensive now, but when the technology and manufacturing gets better, this thing will be awesome.

from Bob81 wrote 3 years 21 weeks ago

This is indeed the inevitable direction much of hunting gear is heading towards unfortunately. My local Gander Mountain's rifle section is at least half AR-type guns at this point. The bow section is full of weapons that appear to have much more in common with kinetic abstract art than to my recurve at home.

I never experienced the "good ol' days" and have always been suspicious they owe much more to selective memory and pining for the past than to actual history. Even still, but this is one topic on which I yearn for them.

from Clay Cooper wrote 3 years 21 weeks ago

If this compensates for crosswind, looking at the target is going to be like shooting in a boat, crosswind is not steady wind!

Remember those annoying critters had this technology first!

As the Coyotes and Roadrunners fire up their ACME High-Tech Laser Ranging Bullet Acquisitioning Flatulence Intensifier or “HTLRBAFI”

from jbird wrote 3 years 21 weeks ago

I agree with pbshooter1217, I think it'll be cool to record a hunt/shot with the push of a button. I imagine it'll catch on and become more affordable in less than a decade. No, I don't see these "replacing" tradidional scopes, but I'll put money on them securing a profitable 'niche' in the market. Especially if they make it more compact and affordable, which is inevitable.

32 clicks up and 7 into the wind, gets me into the black at 1000 yards

from Happy Myles wrote 3 years 21 weeks ago

I don't know, guess am getting old, cannot seem to get too excited about it. Using my old fashioned optics everything generally goes down without all the complications. I still hunt a lot of dangerous game so like to keep things simple. Agree with Ish, not sure how well it will agree with an unagreeable horse during a long, rough, cold haul.

Guess I'll safe the money to defray the cost of a hunting trip

jbird, you got me thinking,

Isn't those coveted awards like Pope and Young etc, electronic gadgetry is strictly forbidden?

Make it bullet proof indestructible and sale it to the Military. Sniper only cares about neutralizing the target and engaging the next as fast as they can pu;; the trigger and ammo supply can handle right now no time for calculators or discusion, just aim and shoot the damn thing and wants to hear the spotter yell hit!

If I was a sniper $1499.97 would be very well worth it!

from fitch270 wrote 3 years 21 weeks ago

So in about 20 years my current gear should qualify for some kind of special "primative" season right?
The more things change, the more they stay the same.

from Tim Covington wrote 3 years 21 weeks ago

How long until they have game seeking ammunition. Just let the electronics get a lock on that deer and hunter-killer missile will fire, track down the deer, kill it, and clean it.

88 Mag

I about froze my axe off digging my truck out after it sat outside in Arlington all day yesterday. 3 1/2 hours from Kirkland to Mount Vernon yesterday. My street clothes and penny loafers were not quite up to the task! LOL My wife agreees that sunny and cold and snow beats the rain anyday.

WAM

from shane wrote 3 years 21 weeks ago

Ahh yes another crutch for the weak. Joy! If only it came with a hover chair that carried you up and over the hills!

from 1uglymutha wrote 3 years 21 weeks ago

thanks dep. you guys are on top of it. interesting response from your readers. now, why not take this scope to the range? you probably should take a ten year old with you so that the device can be programmed properly.

from Clay Cooper wrote 3 years 21 weeks ago

•Runs for up to 4 hours on 4 AA batteries (not included) and has a power port to run off a 12V power pack (not included)... automatically switches to battery power when external power is removed

4 hours on 4AA batteries?

Now we need to come up with hunting hats with solar inlaid panels!

Water-, scratch and shock resistant?

OOPS it rained and shorted out!

I got a bad feeling about this electronic gadgetry

from Tom-Tom wrote 3 years 21 weeks ago

There may be a small niche in the public market for such a scope; however, the military market offers the most possibilities IMHO. Programming for one caliber and constant projectile weight and ballistics, the variable factors would be directional wind speed. Competitive shooting should be about human skill. As for hunting purposes, would you want to eliminate the human factor? Would you still hunt any game where your sole contribution would be to press a button and a lazer-guided projectile would take over? Where is the challenge?

from Carney wrote 3 years 21 weeks ago

Anybody familiar with the Rogers Bell Curve?!?!

I have a friend who back in 1979 bought THE most state of the art precision turn table (for LP vinyl records). Super high-tech and super expensive. It had the stationary arm with tracking needle head, rpm fine tuning strobe and silver soldered electronics. In only 3 short years vinyl was off the shelves and replaced by digital audio. Rappers are pretty much the only "musicians" who have used turntables over the past 2 decades.

I listened to a little old lady curse the stock boy at the drug store because they no longer carried film for her camera -- "everyone uses digital cameras nowadays", he said...

And of course, "the point" is not about digital, the point is about "change".

At present, the Elcan is probably an expensive headache (just like the GPS was only a few short years ago). But give it a little time and R&D will have worked out the bugs, the price will where everyone besides me can afford it, its value will be evident and hunting will be impacted significantly and positively...

from MLH wrote 3 years 21 weeks ago

I still have a hard time trusting electronics, especially when they get old and get whiskers. Then add batteries and the cold ....

But, if it works as advertised, would be a great training tool. Take your best SWAG at point of impact and then see where the e-scope says to aim.

from buckhunter wrote 3 years 21 weeks ago

You may as well be shooting deer on your Wii game.

from Del in KS wrote 3 years 21 weeks ago

Buy that thing today and in a year or so the new improved model will make it obsolete and just about worthless. Case in point compound bows for instance.
Thanks but I won't be buying one anytime soon.

from Bassmasterking wrote 3 years 21 weeks ago

Guns and their accessories have come a long ways....no telling whats next.

from chesney14 wrote 3 years 21 weeks ago

Dave:
What scope do you have on that Nosler 6.5/284??

from Ralph the Rifleman wrote 3 years 21 weeks ago

I have a tendency to agree with the majority here in saying this "scope" is ugly, and would never be used on any of my rifles.
Having said this, I'm sure a bird watcher may find it interesting to use, perhaps?

from Clay Cooper wrote 3 years 21 weeks ago

Knowing first hand in long range shooting, it would be advisable to take two Dramamine® before looking through that contraption. Your moving, the guns a swaying, the wind is inconstant and the cross hairs will be going up and down and side to side and all around!

from Jim in Mo wrote 3 years 21 weeks ago

Last year I made a post about the Burris scope and I'm sticking with it. I'll never put one of them unnecessary ugly things on my rifle. Somebody shoot me if you see me testing one out!

from 99explorer wrote 3 years 21 weeks ago

Have they left anything out? Does it come with a speaker-phone feature and caller ID? I am not ready for this at all.

from Jim in Mo wrote 3 years 21 weeks ago

PS,
Happy Thanksgiving to all, be thankful for your family and your freedom.

from WA Mtnhunter wrote 3 years 21 weeks ago

On second thought, it might be just the ticket for some folks as a way to really figure out ballistics and how to apply them. Might also tell you where to bury your toilet paper in the woods, too.

from MTLAGO wrote 3 years 21 weeks ago

Too much! I still have a hard time with all these new scopes with the fancy reticles, and the external adjusting knobs! If I can't "hold on hair" or adjust with a little "Kentucky Windage". It is too dang far to be shooting at a game animal! Don't tell me you "can't get any closer". There is always a way, it may not be the way you like, but there is always a way. SEEYA KEV

from Clay Cooper wrote 3 years 21 weeks ago

Aim, push the button, then by the time you squeeze the trigger, the wind has shifted. Congratulations, you just gut shot it!!

Learn how to dope the wind!

from iowahunter18 wrote 3 years 21 weeks ago

I can hit a deer with my iron sights.

from mad_dog9999 wrote 3 years 21 weeks ago

I'd like to try it or see D.E.P. put it through its paces befor I'd pass judgement. Maybe it constantly monitors all variables it records so hit no matter what. I'd just like to see it in action i guess.

from jamesti wrote 3 years 21 weeks ago

at least give the animals we hunt a little bit of a chance. so much for learning.

from kudukid wrote 3 years 21 weeks ago

Luke Skywalker stuff!
Put it on a military sniper's laser rifle....but then you wouldn't need all that computer figuring anyway. Lasers don't care about wind, barometric pressure or any of that other gobbledygook.

My rifles are still wearing receiver peeps, Lyman Permacenters, Balvars or those old but outstanding Kollmorgens...for those who remember.

from Tom-Tom wrote 3 years 21 weeks ago

Let's face a few givens. Here in MO the largest percentage of deer are shot at a distance of less than 100yds. If you can shoot a group of 2-3 inches at 100 yds., and aim for the center of the boiler room, you have delilvered a fatal shot. I've taken over 100 deer in my life while hunting in two states and can count the 200+ yard shots taken on one hand. How practical is a scope that lets you think you can shoot accurately to infinity? In your experience, when theory meets reality, who usually wins?

from dale freeman wrote 3 years 21 weeks ago

I agree with everybody else.
We have allready "uglyed" up these beautiful guns we allready have,
.Take a good look at Benelli. They might be like a fat woman in the winter, but, you got to look at her all summer.
I might, _might, buy one to have for, well, you know.

from dale freeman wrote 3 years 21 weeks ago

I agree with everybody else.
We have allready "uglyed" up these beautiful guns we allready have,
I might, _might, buy one to have for, well, you know.

from Ricardo Rodríguez wrote 3 years 21 weeks ago

The computer sight Arnold backordered in the 80's finally arrived. They took their sweet time.

from Paul Wilke wrote 3 years 21 weeks ago

Most of my hunting produces lots of stories and not much game.
I can tell you about the buck the bedded down on the side of a heavily wooded cliff and never came out in daylight. And how I finally stood over his body, shot by someone else illegally and not harvested
How about the rabbit that I hunted all season, with dozens of shoots each day, and never got, or the raccoon that came in on a weekly basis to challenge the dogs to a fight and then ran away.
This scope would make great material for lots of stories, it doesn't compensate for sloppy trigger pull or poor shooting platform, I can imagine dozens of stories right now.
" I have the best scope in the world, let me tell you why I'm here in the grocery store buying hamburger."

from Clay Cooper wrote 3 years 21 weeks ago

Like to take this piece of engineering genius out to New Mexico this Summer and really put it to the real no "BS" test.

from Jere Smith wrote 3 years 21 weeks ago

The only time I could have used this would have been in Viet Nam or some "other" places I was in while in the Army.

from Clay Cooper wrote 3 years 21 weeks ago

Moishe Nam with IR capability?

Interesting thought....

from Clay Cooper wrote 3 years 21 weeks ago

If the scope can be put on continuous auto ranging and top it on a 50 cal, M14 or M4 (remove that damn front sight), one could to take out numerous threat as fast as they can pull the trigger.

mad_dog9999

I want to push this scope beyond the limits, this is my world!!!!

from dale freeman wrote 3 years 21 weeks ago

To Clay Cooper;
Stop by and pick me up, plese.

from elkshane wrote 3 years 21 weeks ago

Oh my ... and/or Good Golly Miss Molly .... seems like some people have way too much time on their hands?

... I have an old Winchester Model 54 in 30.06 with a Leupold Pioneer fixed 4x (you adjust the scope using the mounts)... Have taken many many deer and several elk ... not clear to me why one would need all these gadgets?

from Clay Cooper wrote 3 years 21 weeks ago

Dale, I wish I could! I moved from dar June of 86 so it's been awhile but according to the satellite pics, nothing much has changed and I now some real hot spots for Yodel Dogs! You will need to bring at least 50 rounds of center fire on you and extra ammo in the truck, NO LIE GI!

from Clay Cooper wrote 3 years 21 weeks ago

Correction, need to bring at least 50 rounds of center fire on you per day with reserves in the truck!

from Walt Smith wrote 3 years 21 weeks ago

Hey Clay-- you want to push this scope to the limits?? Just leave the batteries in it for a year, with the gun in a soft side case, in your garage, in Mighigan during the spring/summer/ fall/ winter and see how that works out!

from Walt Smith wrote 3 years 21 weeks ago

Hey Clay-- My SKS carbine has been hanging under a coat in my garage for 4 years now and I know I could grab it, rack it and look through my little tasco pronghorn scope and see clear as a bell! And it would be a bad day for the bad guys!

from libertyfirst wrote 3 years 21 weeks ago

Can you mount a scope on that damn thing?

from Clay Cooper wrote 3 years 21 weeks ago

Walt you bring up a valid scenario that needs to be looked into. What if the batteries leaked and what damage would it cause and would it be fixable? I had a pair of Remington electronic earmuffs and the batteries leaked and destroyed it!

If the batteries are left in it, what voltage and condition would they be in. Does it have to have a second battery for memory to?

I just need to get my hands on one to test drive to give it a fair shake! But for the lenses and buttons they are not recessed enough for protection from the dings, bings, abrasions and the environment!

from wingshooter54 wrote 3 years 21 weeks ago

Just when I thought I was making a major upgrade with a Kahles 2x7 and a Docter Optic 3x9! Pardon me, but it looks like sh**! The shot I could have taken this morning at a buck in hot pursuit of a doe did not allow any time for such programming nonsense. Besides, with all the boy scout bullsh** I carry to the stand with me anyway I damn sure don't have room for a laptop.

from 1uglymutha wrote 3 years 21 weeks ago

it's one of god's great miracles that we're not still shooting matchlocks.

Clay and Moishe,

I have mused to several vets in my circle that if we had the NVG technology in 1969 that we have today (assuming the bad guys had none), that would have been a much shorter "p0lice action". He who rules the night controls the battle space.

from LutherMartin1517 wrote 3 years 21 weeks ago

This makes me want to go out and buy an absolutely ancient Weaver K-4 and shun even variable scopes!

from Clay Cooper wrote 3 years 21 weeks ago

WAM your absolutely right!

Bat Man would be proud of you!

from Tim Platt wrote 3 years 21 weeks ago

It's ugly. Besides that I would like to know what happens when it gets some freezing rain on top of it and you can't push the stupid buttons. It just looks like there are too many things that could go wrong with it to me.

from dale freeman wrote 3 years 21 weeks ago

Shucks Clay, i thought you ment something else.

from focusfront wrote 3 years 21 weeks ago

Hope everybody had a nice Thanksgiving.

First, not to put too fine a point on it, but the second amendment doesn't say anything about hunting. We have the right to keep and bear arms. Anyone out there think that your sighting system isn't an integral part of your rifle?

None of you guys seem to like this scope, and for hunting I agree with you. In most places I've hunted, three hundred yards would be a very long poke, and with the rounds and bullets we have now, we're point blank to 300 anyway. So we don't need this for deer.

Further, I don't know that I'd trust the wind gauge on it. My experience is that wind blows different on me than it does 300 yards away.

Nevertheless I am glad to see this on the market, glad to see that it is being promoted as a sporting scope, and hope the tech trickles down to the $500 mark so I can buy one. Hunting is sport, but the way things are going, the day may come when we, too, will be in a place where we will absolutely HAVE to make a shot. Or several shots. Or a whole lot of shots. Should that bleak day come, I'd want this scope on at least one of my rifles. Don't bawl me out; I regret having to write this.

from Longbeard wrote 3 years 21 weeks ago

I think I have just seen the line in the sand, at least for me. Continued progression of technology in shooting and hunting are inevitable as the rest of the world rides the high-tech rocket beyond the stratosphere. But those of us who hunt have to make the personal decision whether and how much of the new fangled gadgets we can use and still satisfy our basic, primal urge to hunt. I admire the guy who can reliably hit a 500-yd target. It takes some skill and practice, but it is do-able. Heck, even I have smacked a paper bulls-eye at that range. And I suppose using a scope like this would make it a bit easier for those who are too lazy or dumb to learn about ballistics, etc. But, for me, the real thrill is about getting close to my prey, real close. And, because I shoot mainly as a means to hunt, a scope like this would have no place in my gun safe. Can you imagine what Tred Barta would have to say about this scope? I'm pretty sure I would agree with him.

from Clay Cooper wrote 3 years 21 weeks ago

Dale, this scope definitely needs serious redesigning to survive what I would put it through.

UL Listed is one thing,

Clay proof is another!

from fortycal wrote 3 years 21 weeks ago

Gunny Hatchcock is coming back, and boy, is he pissed!

from Tim Platt wrote 3 years 21 weeks ago

Does everyone realize how big this thing is? Check it out on a rifle... http://www.redsoldier.com/Shared/Images/Elcan/ELDH1-Elcan-Digital-Hunter...

from basshunter94 wrote 3 years 21 weeks ago

cool thought but: heres my problem theres absolutely no "sporting chance" with this, and besides the farther away a computer is away from my equipment the happier ill be, (we will see how the state game laws react to these)

Dr. Ralph

Agreed, hideous indeed.

from Walt Smith wrote 3 years 21 weeks ago

If Oswald had one of these on his rifle he might not of even got a shot off at Kennedy, let alone 3 in 6.2 seconds.

Doc, the G forces for this mass must horrendous on the scope and bases

Walt S.

At an average distance of 88 yards ( Warren Commission figures not mine), who would need a scope of any kind?

Walt S.

from BuckSlayer93 wrote 3 years 21 weeks ago

Its not hunting if your sitting at your computer with a joystick thingymabob, I say if you can't go freeze to death to shoot a big buck then shame on you...

from Clay Cooper wrote 3 years 20 weeks ago

The added surface will be noticeable for sure when trying to hold steady in a crosswind! Might have to add a gyroscope!!!!

from PigHunter wrote 3 years 20 weeks ago

Hunting is much to me than taking the shot. The rifle is just another tool to use when the time comes to finalize the pursuit. How many of you hunt with a matchlock?

I would like to see this scope mounted on a rifle with anti-shake technology similar to that used in many digital cameras and some military arms...

from Hobob wrote 3 years 20 weeks ago

Great scope but a few key questions. Can it be "reprogrammed" to not record misses or to tell everybody it was a running shot at 200 yards? Will it get mad and go hunt with someone else if I still manage to miss an easy shot?How many times can I drop it out of a tree stand and not be out a grand in replacements? Will it tell my Boss I wasn't really sick yesterday? LOL

from Egg wrote 3 years 20 weeks ago

I'm waiting for the IR/Thermal version... NOT.

from Walt Smith wrote 3 years 21 weeks ago

from Bellringer wrote 3 years 21 weeks ago

from Dcast wrote 3 years 21 weeks ago

from .88Mag wrote 3 years 21 weeks ago

WA Mtnhunter -
"Unobtainium?" Hahaha, funny stuff!

But I digress.
I still like open sights. This thing here's got no soul.

from ishawooa wrote 3 years 21 weeks ago

jbird, you got me thinking,

If I was a sniper $1499.97 would be very well worth it!

from 1uglymutha wrote 3 years 21 weeks ago

from Carney wrote 3 years 21 weeks ago

Anybody familiar with the Rogers Bell Curve?!?!

And of course, "the point" is not about digital, the point is about "change".

from Jim in Mo wrote 3 years 21 weeks ago

PS,
Happy Thanksgiving to all, be thankful for your family and your freedom.

from Jeff Bowers wrote 3 years 21 weeks ago

Some of this stuff IS starting to sound like the Zorg ZF-1.

from finnyk wrote 3 years 21 weeks ago

from Bob81 wrote 3 years 21 weeks ago

from fitch270 wrote 3 years 21 weeks ago

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

from Ralph the Rifleman wrote 3 years 21 weeks ago

from Clay Cooper wrote 3 years 21 weeks ago

Learn how to dope the wind!

from Mjenkins1 wrote 3 years 21 weeks ago

from MJC wrote 3 years 21 weeks ago

Dittos ishawooa

PS

Or missed seeing the buck sitting there finger poking their digital toys! LOL

from MJC wrote 3 years 21 weeks ago

Jeff4066- Kudos for the Fifth Element reference... my favorite.

from pbshooter1217 wrote 3 years 21 weeks ago

from Clay Cooper wrote 3 years 21 weeks ago

Remember those annoying critters had this technology first!

32 clicks up and 7 into the wind, gets me into the black at 1000 yards

from Happy Myles wrote 3 years 21 weeks ago

Guess I'll safe the money to defray the cost of a hunting trip

from Tim Covington wrote 3 years 21 weeks ago

88 Mag

WAM

from shane wrote 3 years 21 weeks ago

from Clay Cooper wrote 3 years 21 weeks ago

4 hours on 4AA batteries?

Now we need to come up with hunting hats with solar inlaid panels!

Water-, scratch and shock resistant?

OOPS it rained and shorted out!

I got a bad feeling about this electronic gadgetry

from Tom-Tom wrote 3 years 21 weeks ago

from MLH wrote 3 years 21 weeks ago

from Del in KS wrote 3 years 21 weeks ago

Thanks but I won't be buying one anytime soon.

from Bassmasterking wrote 3 years 21 weeks ago

Guns and their accessories have come a long ways....no telling whats next.

from chesney14 wrote 3 years 21 weeks ago

Dave:
What scope do you have on that Nosler 6.5/284??

from Jim in Mo wrote 3 years 21 weeks ago

from 99explorer wrote 3 years 21 weeks ago

from MTLAGO wrote 3 years 21 weeks ago

from iowahunter18 wrote 3 years 21 weeks ago

I can hit a deer with my iron sights.

from jamesti wrote 3 years 21 weeks ago

from Tom-Tom wrote 3 years 21 weeks ago

from Paul Wilke wrote 3 years 21 weeks ago

Most of my hunting produces lots of stories and not much game.

from Clay Cooper wrote 3 years 21 weeks ago

Moishe Nam with IR capability?

Interesting thought....

from elkshane wrote 3 years 21 weeks ago

Clay and Moishe,

from Clay Cooper wrote 3 years 21 weeks ago

WAM your absolutely right!

Bat Man would be proud of you!

from Longbeard wrote 3 years 21 weeks ago

from jbird wrote 3 years 21 weeks ago

from buckhunter wrote 3 years 21 weeks ago

You may as well be shooting deer on your Wii game.

from kudukid wrote 3 years 21 weeks ago

Luke Skywalker stuff!

from dale freeman wrote 3 years 21 weeks ago

I agree with everybody else.
We have allready "uglyed" up these beautiful guns we allready have,
I might, _might, buy one to have for, well, you know.

from dale freeman wrote 3 years 21 weeks ago

I agree with everybody else.
We have allready "uglyed" up these beautiful guns we allready have,
I might, _might, buy one to have for, well, you know.

from Ricardo Rodríguez wrote 3 years 21 weeks ago

from Jere Smith wrote 3 years 21 weeks ago

mad_dog9999

I want to push this scope beyond the limits, this is my world!!!!

from dale freeman wrote 3 years 21 weeks ago

To Clay Cooper;
Stop by and pick me up, plese.

from Walt Smith wrote 3 years 21 weeks ago

from Walt Smith wrote 3 years 21 weeks ago

from libertyfirst wrote 3 years 21 weeks ago

Can you mount a scope on that damn thing?

from wingshooter54 wrote 3 years 21 weeks ago

from 1uglymutha wrote 3 years 21 weeks ago

it's one of god's great miracles that we're not still shooting matchlocks.

from LutherMartin1517 wrote 3 years 21 weeks ago

from Tim Platt wrote 3 years 21 weeks ago

from focusfront wrote 3 years 21 weeks ago

Hope everybody had a nice Thanksgiving.

from BuckSlayer93 wrote 3 years 21 weeks ago

from Clay Cooper wrote 3 years 20 weeks ago

from PigHunter wrote 3 years 20 weeks ago

from Hobob wrote 3 years 20 weeks ago

from mad_dog9999 wrote 3 years 21 weeks ago

from dale freeman wrote 3 years 21 weeks ago

Shucks Clay, i thought you ment something else.

UL Listed is one thing,

Clay proof is another!

from fortycal wrote 3 years 21 weeks ago

Gunny Hatchcock is coming back, and boy, is he pissed!

from Tim Platt wrote 3 years 21 weeks ago

from basshunter94 wrote 3 years 21 weeks ago

Dr. Ralph

Agreed, hideous indeed.

from Walt Smith wrote 3 years 21 weeks ago

Doc, the G forces for this mass must horrendous on the scope and bases

Walt S.

Walt S.

from Egg wrote 3 years 20 weeks ago

I'm waiting for the IR/Thermal version... NOT.