January 13, 2011
Caption Contest Winner Announced!
By Dave Hurteau
by Dave Hurteau
I’m not sure who has the short end of the stick here: me, who has had to sort through 460-some captions to choose the best, or you, whose odds of winning the Knight & Hale Pack Rack Rattling System rests on my sense of humor.
Yeah...you’ve probably got it worse.
Still it has been a painful process eliminating so many good ones to arrive at the following top twelve (Lunkerbuster, if the deer in the picture were clearly a buck, “I knew they were rutting but this is ridiculous,” would have been right up there.)
1. How to tell when a Midwesterner has a DUI. --wignoz
2. What kids take to show and tell in the rural Midwest. –mad_dog9999
3. “Next week, I fill the Moose Tag!!” –Warmil
4. Da road commission budget cuts in da U.P. have taken their toll on road kill cleanup. –dagoodguy
5. “Now THAT was a bachelor party!” –guyandarifle
6. Some people will try anything to drive in the carpool lane. –dteamcapt_777
7. “A couple more miles Betsey, then we switch.” –jgulla7854
8. Toivo participates the 3rd and final leg of the Yooper Ironman Competition. This was proceeded by stage 1 (swimming the Escanaba River in wool hunting gear and Sorel boots) and stage 2 (backpacking 6 cases of Pabst into deer camp via snowshoe) –backlash
9. “Butch, take a right at that rub and let me off at the first scrape. Thanks.” –McCune
10. “If you make that shot I'll ride around town on a bicycle with her on my back !!!” –rustyt
11. The Redneck X-games leader has a 5 block lead over the rest of the field..... –rolomar
12. After mom ran away with the mailman, dad was left to pack little Tommy’s lunch. --roletides
Backlash, you were so close. But in the end, brevity is the soul of wit—and the winner is wignoz, with “How to tell when a Midwesterner has a DUI.” If you ask me tomorrow, I’ll pick a different one. But today is not tomorrow, so congrats, Wignoz. I’ll contact you soon to ship your knew Pack Rack.
Now let the debating begin.