Fierce Hits To Get You Fired Up On A Cold Day

The Lateral Line

December 18, 2013

Fierce Hits To Get You Fired Up On A Cold Day

By Joe Cermele

A few days ago a press release hit my inbox annoucing the up-coming release of filmmaker Peter Laurelli's latest feature called "SIFF 13: Islands." As I understand it, the movie is just a compilation of Laurelli's world fishing travels. Below is the trailer, and to be honest, it doesn't say much about the full-length, but there are some hits in this video (jacks or trevally I think) that will get your heart pumping on a cold winter's day. I mean these are first class. If nothing else, watch the first 30 seconds, then from 1:06 to the end. If these don't get you fired up, you may be dead.

from ejunk wrote 17 weeks 4 hours ago

I think this is the 4th year he has put out a year end film. every one of them is worth your time. click on the vimeo link in the player and then on his user name on that site to see all of them. very cool stuff.

from ejunk wrote 17 weeks 4 hours ago

whoa! it looks like he has a sponsor (orvis) for this, so maybe he has gone pro. good for him! SIFF12 and SIFF 11 are definitely among the best amateur fly fishing films out there. I think I first discovered him through this website, actually.

from rjw wrote 16 weeks 6 days ago

That was a rush, looked like an underwater rocket.

from Peter Laurelli wrote 16 weeks 5 days ago

ejunk - glad you enjoyed the footage! and thanks for the kind words.

yes, Orvis helped with some gear that was beyond my budget and for that I'm very grateful. pro? eh...i have a day job and young kids. the only thing i'm pro at is loving the family and capturing images they will enjoy as they grow.
all the best,
Peter

from ejunk wrote 17 weeks 4 hours ago

from Peter Laurelli wrote 16 weeks 5 days ago

ejunk - glad you enjoyed the footage! and thanks for the kind words.

all the best,
Peter

from ejunk wrote 17 weeks 4 hours ago

from rjw wrote 16 weeks 6 days ago

That was a rush, looked like an underwater rocket.