How To Turn Perfectly Good Lures Into The Worst Gifts Ever

The Lateral Line

December 24, 2013

How To Turn Perfectly Good Lures Into The Worst Gifts Ever

By Joe Cermele

'Twas the day before Christmas and your shopping should be done. But alas, Uncle Hank is bringing his estranged ex-wife's nephew over. What to do? If you're desperate (I mean like insanely desperate), just head to the garage and turn a perfectly usuable lure into a 50-cent dime-store chachtkie. This lady will show you how. Don't forget to trim off the "little spinny things," and never mind that the price of one of those lures would buy enough keychains for the whole block at your local drug store. Have a Merry Christmas, and keep it real.

from Chinook627 wrote 15 weeks 6 days ago

Ha!! I'd like to see her make a keychain out of a 3oz Super Strike Polaris popper... the sinking version

from Woods Walker wrote 15 weeks 6 days ago

How about a nice ol Musky lure - This could make a key fob with which even I would have trouble losing my keys...
;>)

from Rick wrote 15 weeks 6 days ago

That crafter must be the least creative person in the world. What small thing could you not make into a keychain? Nevermind the fact that if it's a man, who presumably likes to fish that's receiving the gift, wouldn't he prefer to have lure? It would be one thing if at least she used an old lure. The only thing I can think of that might be more useless is removing the O-ring from an actual key chain so it was for all intents and purposes a small token with no more value than a paperweight. Not even the estranged nephew deserves that. I love how she seems up in the air as to whether removing razor sharp hooks is a good idea for a gift you'd be searching in your pocket for on a regular basis. "maybe," it's not a good idea to give a gift that will regularly draw blood from its recipient. A Castaic Swimbait might be slightly worse, but its a toss up. Merry Christmas and happy holidays to anglers and hunters all.

from wittsec wrote 15 weeks 6 days ago

My ex would never have given that lure out unless it was meeting all the current fashion designs. It would be the first lure ever to occupy the cover page of Vogue.

from kattmunkel wrote 15 weeks 2 days ago

Joe,
You should make a response video on how to turn these useless key chains back into useable lures!

from Rick wrote 15 weeks 6 days ago