National Geographic to Air "Fish Bowl" On Super Bowl Sunday

The Lateral Line

January 16, 2014

National Geographic to Air "Fish Bowl" On Super Bowl Sunday

By Joe Cermele

I'm not much of a sports fan. I have no idea who the Super Bowl hopefuls are, nor do I really care. I just know that there will be wings and beer at whichever Bowl party I attend, and that is motivation enough to go. If you decide to skip the commercials and flip channels during the game this year, you have options. Animal Planet will once again air the "Puppy Bowl." So is not to be outdone, the Hallmark Channel will be running the "Kitten Bowl." And I guess since all the cute pets were taken, Nat Geo Wild will air the "Fish Bowl." That's four straight hours of goldfish swimming in a bowl. Unlike the puppies and probably the kittens, the goldfish will not likley be adorably batting a football around. "Fish Bowl" will look more like the video below...and nothing screams "are you ready for some football" like goldfish.

from wittsec wrote 14 weeks 11 hours ago

The half time show is watching paint dry.

from Proverbs wrote 14 weeks 11 hours ago

That is just a sorry revelation.

When I was a child I would dangle artificial flies on 2-pound mono in the family fish tank. They never seemed to learn.

from Micropterus24 wrote 13 weeks 6 days ago

Not a sports fan? You're saving yourself from much pain and stress. There's only 4 teams left Cermele you don't have much of an excuse. There are things other than fishing in this world, although most aren't as important. I don't think I will be watching the fish bowl this year.

from Joe_Cermele wrote 13 weeks 6 days ago

Ha! Thanks Micro...there are indeed many other things. And I always thought they were all better than wasting a perfectly good weekend day in front of a game.

from wittsec wrote 13 weeks 6 days ago

Well Joe, it's nice to see your not masochistic, as every football fan except those whose team wins the super bowl are. The ups, the down, the highs, the lows...actually it is kinda like fishing isn't it.

from Joe_Cermele wrote 13 weeks 6 days ago

Only team I follow is the Hartford Whalers. The Whale for the cup in 14!!!

from rjw wrote 13 weeks 6 days ago

Food is a powerful motivator if you are a not necessarily interested in the game, besides it only happens once a year so why not.

from wittsec wrote 14 weeks 11 hours ago

The half time show is watching paint dry.

from Proverbs wrote 14 weeks 11 hours ago

That is just a sorry revelation.

from Micropterus24 wrote 13 weeks 6 days ago

from Joe_Cermele wrote 13 weeks 6 days ago

from wittsec wrote 13 weeks 6 days ago

from Joe_Cermele wrote 13 weeks 6 days ago

Only team I follow is the Hartford Whalers. The Whale for the cup in 14!!!

from rjw wrote 13 weeks 6 days ago