Announcing the Winner of the Bowtech RPM 360!

Whitetail 365

January 24, 2014

Announcing the Winner of the Bowtech RPM 360!

By Dave Hurteau

What’s that package on your front stoop? That big, rectangular cardboard box? Is that your brand new Bowtech RPM 360, the company’s 2014 flagship, their fastest bow ever, a prize worth a cool grand? Well, let’s find out.

But first, let me just say that you people are damn good. How good? We threw you nothing but curveballs in this contest; most of you are accustomed to rough-scoring whitetails, but we showed you two blacktails and two muleys (one in velvet) instead. And still, six of you guessed within a half inch of the actual total score—and one of you nailed it, right on the nose. Very impressive.

And so, speaking of the actual scores, here they are:

Buck 1: 149 6/8

Buck 2: 133 2/8

Buck 3: 161 7/8

Buck 4: 173 6/8

Which gives us a grand total of 618 5/8, which means that big cardboard box containing Bowtech’s latest compound will be on the front stoop of one Kevin Lilley, who guessed the score exactly, to the eighth. Hoytboy, IND_NRA, SK1971, Bbrant06, Centler, who missed winning the big prize by a bow-limb’s thickness, what can I tell you: Ouch! But buck up, we’ll give you another shot soon.

Meanwhile, congrats, Kevin. We will be contacting you soon.

from SK1971 wrote 12 weeks 2 days ago

Congrats Kevin! Thank you F&S for putting on a great contest. It was so much fun. I can't wait until the next one!! F&S rocks!!

from Pray- hunt-work wrote 12 weeks 2 days ago

Well SK1971- you're a good sport. That's for dang sure.

from skyhunter44 wrote 12 weeks 2 days ago

that was cool. congrats to Kevin

from CAMcdaniel wrote 12 weeks 1 day ago

Congrats Kevin!! My only input on this contest in the near future is in case of a tie, have an email set up for scores to be sent instead of posting a score for everyone to see. The last tie for the Bowtech invasion was decided when one person posted a score of 147 and the person who tied him waited on the first guy to post his and then entered 147 1/8 and won the bow. Just my 2 cents. Thanks for the contest and all the good work at F&S!!

from Austin Ruzic wrote 12 weeks 1 day ago

That was cool, but like cam before me I would change the rules. The total points each guess is off on each animal. Who is the better scorer? Person A guesses high by 10in on 2 animals and low by 10in on 2 animals-giving him the exact total score. Or person B who guesses exact on 3 animals and is off by 1/2in on the 4th animal. Possibility for a tie is nearly nonexistent with the small participants. JMO. Congrats to Kevin

from Greg Lucas wrote 12 weeks 11 hours ago

first of all congrats to Kevin.This is a cool contest as far as changing the format of it I dont think it matters which way it is done it all comes down to luck you are scoring deer off a picture.I have scored many deer and missed it by 1 1//8 inches.Even with a tape and the horns in hand i dont think i cound hit it exact without a little luck.Anywhy congrats to kevin and all who were close.

from SeanGroves wrote 12 weeks 2 hours ago

Congrats Kevin! Enjoy the new bow.

Thanks to F&S for putting on the contest; it was fun to go through and guess each score!

from kevinlilley wrote 12 weeks 1 hour ago

Thanks f&s and thanks to everybody for the comments. I too had a blast with the contest and look forward to another challenge in the future.

from bowguy6633 wrote 11 weeks 4 days ago

Kevin, Congrats! so cool how you pin point accurate you were. I was way off from the actual score, but i still had a blast. However, I would love to know a few tricks for scoring bucks.. It could be knowledge that comes with time, i don't know. Congrats!
Thanks,
Dave

from Dave Hurteau wrote 10 weeks 5 days ago

Keven,
I've emailed you twice but haven't heard back. Please check all of you inboxes.
Best, --dh

from kevinlilley wrote 10 weeks 5 days ago

I am having trouble with my email. You can contact me at kmlilley@gmail.com.com or post your contact information. Thanks Kevin

from Dave Hurteau wrote 10 weeks 3 days ago

Kevin,
I sent an email to your gmail account. Did you get it?

from kevinlilley wrote 10 weeks 3 days ago

Dave,
I did not receive the email. Is there a way I can contact you?

from kevinlilley wrote 10 weeks 3 days ago

Dave,
I did not receive the email. Is there a way I can contact you?

from Dave Hurteau wrote 10 weeks 2 days ago

Sure: dave.hurteau@bonniercorp.com.
Best, --dh

from kevinlilley wrote 10 weeks 1 day ago

Dave,
I sent you an email. Let me know if you received it. Thanks,
Kevin

from CAMcdaniel wrote 12 weeks 1 day ago

from SeanGroves wrote 12 weeks 2 hours ago

Congrats Kevin! Enjoy the new bow.

from kevinlilley wrote 12 weeks 1 hour ago

from SK1971 wrote 12 weeks 2 days ago

from Pray- hunt-work wrote 12 weeks 2 days ago

Well SK1971- you're a good sport. That's for dang sure.

from skyhunter44 wrote 12 weeks 2 days ago

that was cool. congrats to Kevin

from Austin Ruzic wrote 12 weeks 1 day ago

from Greg Lucas wrote 12 weeks 11 hours ago

from bowguy6633 wrote 11 weeks 4 days ago

Thanks,
Dave

from Dave Hurteau wrote 10 weeks 5 days ago

Keven,
I've emailed you twice but haven't heard back. Please check all of you inboxes.
Best, --dh

from kevinlilley wrote 10 weeks 5 days ago

from Dave Hurteau wrote 10 weeks 3 days ago

Kevin,
I sent an email to your gmail account. Did you get it?

from kevinlilley wrote 10 weeks 3 days ago

Dave,
I did not receive the email. Is there a way I can contact you?

from kevinlilley wrote 10 weeks 3 days ago

Dave,
I did not receive the email. Is there a way I can contact you?

from Dave Hurteau wrote 10 weeks 2 days ago