Food Fight Friday: Brown Trout vs Fish Tacos

The Wild Chef

January 25, 2013

Food Fight Friday: Brown Trout vs Fish Tacos

By David Draper

We’ve been on an extended run of reader-submitted Food Fight photos and it continues this week with two fishy pics. So let’s skip the filler and go right to the meat of the matter. Cast your votes for the fish dish you’d most like to tuck into right now.

Kevin Albrecht’s Brown Trout

I applaud reader Kevin Albrecht for being an unapologetic catch-and-eat angler. He pulled these nice browns from a spring creek in the Driftless Region of southwest Wisconsin and, like a true wild chef, instead of releasing them, Albrecht stuffed them with lemon, covered them in Cajun breading, and put them on the grill. Bravo, Kevin.

MaxPower’s Fish Tacos

“I built these from some halibut I'd caught in Alaska. Rather than the battered-fried route, I prefer it just plain roasted in the oven or off the grill. Put on some corn tortillas and coupled with any assortment of toppings including red cabbage, red or white onions, mango, cilantro, and drizzled with some homemade chipotle mayo. Pictures never do them justice (just like the outdoors). I eat these until gluttony has worn me right out. Enjoy.”

Let’s keep this streak going. Send in your best fish or wild game photo to fswildchef@gmail.com.

from themadflyfisher wrote 1 year 12 weeks ago

I'm a sucker for grilled trout but if I had the 2 in front of me the tacos would be on my plate!

from steve182 wrote 1 year 12 weeks ago

The trout looks terrific, but fish tacos are nearly unbeatable in a food-fight. The only thing i could add would be quacamole or avacado. Both dishes pictured deserve some praise.

from yanzi wrote 1 year 12 weeks ago

Asian dating --- You do not know my injury, I do not know your pain. www.lilydating.com

from Gtbigsky wrote 1 year 11 weeks ago

Both dishes look great but I am going with the grilled trout. If the fish tacos were made with flour tortillas I would have picked them. I am not a fan of corn tortillas because of the taste and there lack of structural integrity!

from Muskie wrote 1 year 11 weeks ago

Love trout on the grill and being from WI the Driftless Region is one of my favorite places to fish.

from themadflyfisher wrote 1 year 12 weeks ago