Food Fight Friday: Venison Bulgogi vs Antelope Tenderloin

The Wild Chef

February 21, 2014

Food Fight Friday: Venison Bulgogi vs Antelope Tenderloin

By David Draper

You all know I love antelope, so it’s pretty obvious where my vote should go today. But ever since I made some bear bulgogi last year I’ve been pretty hooked on the stuff. So, for me, this week’s Food Fight is really a toss-up but Wild Chef readers might feel differently. On the one hand, Koldkut has backstrap and beer, a sure-fire winner, but just maybe that good-looking deer from MaxPower can swing the votes his way. What do you think?

MaxPower’s Venison Bulgogi

My brother owns an Asian Market where we picked up some great Korean Bulgogi marinade, so we soaked some chunks of steak in that for 3-4 hours before frying it up. Over a bed of rice with some broccoli and Sriracha it was pretty good.  It probably could have used some more veggies, but why do that to perfectly good steak?  And, since I know she won't read this, I can say that my wife ate twice as much of this as I did.

Koldkut’s Antelope Tenderloin

Pronghorn tenderloin marinated for an hour and grilled, potatoes and onions and a side of green beans.  I paired it with a Rocky Mountain Black Ale by Left Hand Brewing Company.

from wittsec wrote 7 weeks 6 days ago

I went with the Antelope but to be honest nether one did that much for me.

from SMC1986 wrote 7 weeks 6 days ago

Had to go with the Antelope. 2 reasons. 1. I love potatoes and onions 2. Sriracha is hot sauce for rookies IMO, step up to some marie sharps

from laker wrote 7 weeks 5 days ago

The canned looking green beans ruined the Antelope for me. And, we've got a load of venison to eat before next season so the bulgogi sounds good this morning. I'll make it next week.

from Hornd wrote 7 weeks 3 days ago

Isn't Bulgogi served in a hot thick stone pot with a raw egg on top. It needs a side of Chimchi too! I had a few times and it is an amazing dish. Right up there with Sushi in my book.

from wittsec wrote 7 weeks 6 days ago

I went with the Antelope but to be honest nether one did that much for me.

from SMC1986 wrote 7 weeks 6 days ago