Please Sign In

Please enter a valid username and password
» Not a member? Take a moment to register
» Forgot Username or Password

Why Register?
Signing up could earn you gear (click here to learn how)! It also keeps offensive content off our site.

2nd Amendment

Obama 1994-2002

Uploaded on August 29, 2009

Anybody every heard of the VPC? The VPC is the Violence Policy Center and guess who was the director of this anti- gun organization from 1994-2002? OBAMA our genius president!
The VPC issued this recent report "gun violence is more that a crime issue; it is a broad based public health crisis of which crime is merely the most recognized aspect". The VPC is funded in part by the Joyce Foundation to the tune of $700,000.00 per year. In 1999 Joyce began a significant attack on the 2nd Amendment.
While Obama maintains that he supports individual 2nd amendment rights, the actions of the Joyce Foundation and the action of the VPC that he directed should serve as a reminder that he will never stop trying to subvert out fundamental constitutional rights. He is merely waiting for the appropriate time to launch his attack. Don't let your guard down!

Top Rated
All Replies
from peter wrote 4 years 33 weeks ago

man i hate obama

0 Good Comment? | | Report
from ken.mcloud wrote 4 years 33 weeks ago

Gee, I really hate to be the one who is always dragging reality into these conversations, but...

Obama was never the Director of the VPC, Its simply not true.

He WAS However the Joyce Foundation, a big non-profit that gave millions of dollars to the VPC.

http://pajamasmedia.com/blog/obama-and-the-attempt-to-destroy-the-second...

from libertyfirst wrote 4 years 33 weeks ago

Ken.Mcloud is right. My information is wrong. I did not attempt to mislead but apologize to Ken McCloud for my carelessness in providing this information incorrectly.
Mr. Obama did however provide considerable money from the Joyce Organization to the VPC and Joyce did attack the Second Amendment and that attack had bearing in the Heller Supreme Court appeal. No one will dispute the following, our current president has worked harder to eliminate firearms from our hands than anyone who has ever held the office of President of the United states. He simply can't be trusted with the 2nd Amendment.

+1 Good Comment? | | Report

Its OK libertyfirst, I'm sure it was just a good faith mistake.

Did you misread a source? or did you get a chain email or something saying this?

For some reason, my fellow conservatives feel the need to make stuff up about this President. I think that there are plenty of reasons to oppose the man that are grounded in reality and that using make-believe arguments only discredits us in the eyes of the centrist independent voters who actually decide elections.

For this reason, I have taken to trying to squash some of the more blatant lies flying around this site and others. Ironically, I usually get called a "liberal" or an "Obama Lover" for my troubles.

What tipped me off to do a little more investigating on this topic was this: If it were true that Obama was the director of one of the sleaziest (they're known for making up fake statistics)anti-gun groups in the country, Why wasn't the NRA shouting this from every available platform during the campaign?

+2 Good Comment? | | Report
from Bryan01 wrote 4 years 33 weeks ago

The Joyce Foundation also gave a significant amount of money to the John Hopkins Center for Gun Policy and Research (an anti-gun group) when Obama was a director at the Joyce Foundation

http://campaignspot.nationalreview.com/post/?q=MmM2NjY3ZWEyNjE4MTMwMDlmN...

from WA Mtnhunter wrote 4 years 33 weeks ago

ken.mcloud is right. We don't need to fabricate any reasons to absolutely detest Obama. To me, it's not just Obama the man, it is everything he and his scumbag cronies stand for! His handlers are pretty smart cookies to get an empty shirt like him elected. Formidable enemies of free men everywhere!

ken mcloud
The source of this story had the facts straight. I made the error. I agree that there is no reason to fabricate information. I feel badly about this. Maybe a little time off for me would be good.
I appreciate your efforts at clarity and honesty.

from AndyH wrote 4 years 33 weeks ago

It's hard to find good sources for anything political. Everyone no matter how intelligent we might think we are will make mistakes. The real problem I think is that this man is even associated with any thing such as VCP or ACCORN. It soon will come, if we do not fight! With our VOTES! And our INPUT! That the freedom we have on the internet to debate will be punished by government. I'm frankly tired of one sided political correctness. I think this is that, which will be used too kill any movement that Constitutional believers might try. They are already trying to use their power to stop blogs, talk shows, and other forms of free speech. Call me crazy if you want, but do some research first.

libertyfirst,
We really need people like you, please don't take time off.

from Hunt_Hard wrote 4 years 33 weeks ago

I really dont care what Obama did in the past... all im worried about is what he is going to do now, now that he has the position and authority to voice his opinion and sway the people on the Obama "band wagon" who knows what is to come of "our" nation!? He can preach as much as he wants about making everybody happy (which is simply impossible) and do the complete opposite, and the real sad part is that people will either defend or turn a blind eye to our failing president. The furthest he has got with this whole "CHANGE" thing is the color of our presidents skin... and I am sorry that is not enough for me.

I'm glad you made the post. The general thrust of the post was accurate, Obama did work to support the efforts of the anti-gun groups you mention, you just got a couple details mixed up - BFD. I wouldn't kick yourself.

Your post spurred me into doing some searching on the net to find out a little bit more about these organizations and I learned something as a result.

AndyH-

"I'm frankly tired of one sided political correctness. I think this is that, which will be used too kill any movement that Constitutional believers might try."

So wait a minute, are you saying that insisting we tell the truth is "one sided political correctness"?

and that telling the truth will "kill any movement that constitutional believers might try"?

If so, I think you have a pretty twisted view of things.

Political correctness has become the term du jour for sugar-coated lie. No better substitute for absolute truth in a polite manner. Just give me the true facts, I'll decide if it works for me or not. JMHO

ken.mcloud+

There is a difference between being political correct and a mistake. That's the point I was making. I do not believe this post was an intentional lie, "like most liberals intentionally do." I'm all for telling the truth! And I'm sorry, but if you don't care about his past then how can you have understanding of what he intends to do now. That kind of attitude is the same attitude of people who voted for change. And yes I'm pretty twisted and you are %100 untwisted. Sorry that I offended you, that was not my intention.

-1 Good Comment? | | Report
from ken.mcloud wrote 4 years 32 weeks ago

where did I ever say I didn't care about his past?!?

read my post, I agree that this man in no friend of the 2nd amendment, I just think reality is VERY important.

from AndyH wrote 4 years 32 weeks ago

http://www.vpc.org/
Can you find any referance to Obama In this web page?

The staments and voting records under where taken from http://www.ontheissues.org Books by Obama and the Chicagotribune.

These maybe be bad sorces make own judgement.

Barack Obama on Gun Control

Opposed bill okaying illegal gun use in home invasions. (Aug 2008)
Ok for states & cities to determine local gun laws. (Apr 2008

FactCheck: Yes, Obama endorsed Illinois handgun ban. (Apr 2008)

April 2008: "Bittergate" labeled Obama elitist. (Apr 2008)

Respect 2nd Amendment, but local gun bans ok. (Feb 2008)

Provide some common-sense enforcement on gun licensing. (Jan 2008)

2000: cosponsored bill to limit purchases to 1 gun per month. (Oct 2007)

Concealed carry OK for retired police officers. (Aug 2007)

Stop unscrupulous gun dealers dumping guns in cities. (Jul 2007)

Keep guns out of inner cities--but also problem of morality. (Oct 2006)

Bush erred in failing to renew assault weapons ban. (Oct 2004)

Ban semi-automatics, and more possession restrictions. (Jul 1998)

Voted NO on prohibiting lawsuits against gun manufacturers. (Jul 2005)

I believe in keeping guns out of our inner cities, and that our leaders must say so in the face of the gun manfuacturer’s lobby. But I also believe that when a gangbanger shoots indiscriminately into a crowd because he feels someone disrespected him, we have a problem of morality. Not only do we need to punish that man for his crime, but we need to acknowledge that there’s a hole in his heart, one that government programs alone may not be able to repair.” Source: The Audacity of Hope, by Barack Obama, p.215 Oct 1, 2006

Ban semi-automatics, and impose more restrictions on other types of firearms possession; Source: 1998 IL State Legislative National Political Awareness Test Jul 2, 1998

Ban the sale or transfer of all forms of semi-automatic weapons;

Increase state restrictions on the purchase and possession of firearms;

Require manufacturers to provide child-safety locks with firearms.

On the issue of prohibiting citizens from carrying concealed weapons, Obama said he believes national legislation should be passed to “prevent other states’ laws [allowing citizens to conceal their guns] from threatening the safety of Illinois residents.”

“I believe we need to renew–not roll back — this common sense gun law,” [The Clinton “Assault Weapons” Ban]

Proposes several gun-control laws, including restricting purchases of weapons and ammunition at gun shows, establishing a national database that would capture and record imprints left by bullets, and making gun locks mandatory.

Obama said concealed weapons should be allowed for retired police officers and some military personnel.

“Ordinary citizens should not be allowed to own military assault weapons, such as AK-47s and Uzis.”

These are things and people in connection with the VPC.

These may be bad sources again?
This may be whole or in part...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joyce_Foundation
http://www.joycefdn.org/programs/gunviolence/GrantList.aspx

I suggest you look at page 78 at the board of directors list.
http://www.joycefdn.org/pdf/98_AnnualReport.pdf

Hope your not offended I just thaught I would add a little more.

Post a Reply

Its OK libertyfirst, I'm sure it was just a good faith mistake.

Did you misread a source? or did you get a chain email or something saying this?

For some reason, my fellow conservatives feel the need to make stuff up about this President. I think that there are plenty of reasons to oppose the man that are grounded in reality and that using make-believe arguments only discredits us in the eyes of the centrist independent voters who actually decide elections.

For this reason, I have taken to trying to squash some of the more blatant lies flying around this site and others. Ironically, I usually get called a "liberal" or an "Obama Lover" for my troubles.

What tipped me off to do a little more investigating on this topic was this: If it were true that Obama was the director of one of the sleaziest (they're known for making up fake statistics)anti-gun groups in the country, Why wasn't the NRA shouting this from every available platform during the campaign?

ken.mcloud is right. We don't need to fabricate any reasons to absolutely detest Obama. To me, it's not just Obama the man, it is everything he and his scumbag cronies stand for! His handlers are pretty smart cookies to get an empty shirt like him elected. Formidable enemies of free men everywhere!

It's hard to find good sources for anything political. Everyone no matter how intelligent we might think we are will make mistakes. The real problem I think is that this man is even associated with any thing such as VCP or ACCORN. It soon will come, if we do not fight! With our VOTES! And our INPUT! That the freedom we have on the internet to debate will be punished by government. I'm frankly tired of one sided political correctness. I think this is that, which will be used too kill any movement that Constitutional believers might try. They are already trying to use their power to stop blogs, talk shows, and other forms of free speech. Call me crazy if you want, but do some research first.

libertyfirst,
We really need people like you, please don't take time off.

from Hunt_Hard wrote 4 years 33 weeks ago

I really dont care what Obama did in the past... all im worried about is what he is going to do now, now that he has the position and authority to voice his opinion and sway the people on the Obama "band wagon" who knows what is to come of "our" nation!? He can preach as much as he wants about making everybody happy (which is simply impossible) and do the complete opposite, and the real sad part is that people will either defend or turn a blind eye to our failing president. The furthest he has got with this whole "CHANGE" thing is the color of our presidents skin... and I am sorry that is not enough for me.

Ken.Mcloud is right. My information is wrong. I did not attempt to mislead but apologize to Ken McCloud for my carelessness in providing this information incorrectly.
Mr. Obama did however provide considerable money from the Joyce Organization to the VPC and Joyce did attack the Second Amendment and that attack had bearing in the Heller Supreme Court appeal. No one will dispute the following, our current president has worked harder to eliminate firearms from our hands than anyone who has ever held the office of President of the United states. He simply can't be trusted with the 2nd Amendment.

The Joyce Foundation also gave a significant amount of money to the John Hopkins Center for Gun Policy and Research (an anti-gun group) when Obama was a director at the Joyce Foundation

http://campaignspot.nationalreview.com/post/?q=MmM2NjY3ZWEyNjE4MTMwMDlmN...

ken mcloud
The source of this story had the facts straight. I made the error. I agree that there is no reason to fabricate information. I feel badly about this. Maybe a little time off for me would be good.
I appreciate your efforts at clarity and honesty.

I'm glad you made the post. The general thrust of the post was accurate, Obama did work to support the efforts of the anti-gun groups you mention, you just got a couple details mixed up - BFD. I wouldn't kick yourself.

Your post spurred me into doing some searching on the net to find out a little bit more about these organizations and I learned something as a result.

AndyH-

"I'm frankly tired of one sided political correctness. I think this is that, which will be used too kill any movement that Constitutional believers might try."

So wait a minute, are you saying that insisting we tell the truth is "one sided political correctness"?

and that telling the truth will "kill any movement that constitutional believers might try"?

If so, I think you have a pretty twisted view of things.

from ken.mcloud wrote 4 years 32 weeks ago

where did I ever say I didn't care about his past?!?

read my post, I agree that this man in no friend of the 2nd amendment, I just think reality is VERY important.

http://www.vpc.org/
Can you find any referance to Obama In this web page?

The staments and voting records under where taken from http://www.ontheissues.org Books by Obama and the Chicagotribune.

These maybe be bad sorces make own judgement.

Barack Obama on Gun Control

Opposed bill okaying illegal gun use in home invasions. (Aug 2008)
Ok for states & cities to determine local gun laws. (Apr 2008

FactCheck: Yes, Obama endorsed Illinois handgun ban. (Apr 2008)

April 2008: "Bittergate" labeled Obama elitist. (Apr 2008)

Respect 2nd Amendment, but local gun bans ok. (Feb 2008)

Provide some common-sense enforcement on gun licensing. (Jan 2008)

2000: cosponsored bill to limit purchases to 1 gun per month. (Oct 2007)

Concealed carry OK for retired police officers. (Aug 2007)

Stop unscrupulous gun dealers dumping guns in cities. (Jul 2007)

Keep guns out of inner cities--but also problem of morality. (Oct 2006)

Bush erred in failing to renew assault weapons ban. (Oct 2004)

Ban semi-automatics, and more possession restrictions. (Jul 1998)

Voted NO on prohibiting lawsuits against gun manufacturers. (Jul 2005)

I believe in keeping guns out of our inner cities, and that our leaders must say so in the face of the gun manfuacturer’s lobby. But I also believe that when a gangbanger shoots indiscriminately into a crowd because he feels someone disrespected him, we have a problem of morality. Not only do we need to punish that man for his crime, but we need to acknowledge that there’s a hole in his heart, one that government programs alone may not be able to repair.” Source: The Audacity of Hope, by Barack Obama, p.215 Oct 1, 2006

Ban semi-automatics, and impose more restrictions on other types of firearms possession; Source: 1998 IL State Legislative National Political Awareness Test Jul 2, 1998

Ban the sale or transfer of all forms of semi-automatic weapons;

Increase state restrictions on the purchase and possession of firearms;

Require manufacturers to provide child-safety locks with firearms.

On the issue of prohibiting citizens from carrying concealed weapons, Obama said he believes national legislation should be passed to “prevent other states’ laws [allowing citizens to conceal their guns] from threatening the safety of Illinois residents.”

“I believe we need to renew–not roll back — this common sense gun law,” [The Clinton “Assault Weapons” Ban]

Proposes several gun-control laws, including restricting purchases of weapons and ammunition at gun shows, establishing a national database that would capture and record imprints left by bullets, and making gun locks mandatory.

Obama said concealed weapons should be allowed for retired police officers and some military personnel.

“Ordinary citizens should not be allowed to own military assault weapons, such as AK-47s and Uzis.”

These are things and people in connection with the VPC.

These may be bad sources again?
This may be whole or in part...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joyce_Foundation
http://www.joycefdn.org/programs/gunviolence/GrantList.aspx

I suggest you look at page 78 at the board of directors list.
http://www.joycefdn.org/pdf/98_AnnualReport.pdf

Hope your not offended I just thaught I would add a little more.

from peter wrote 4 years 33 weeks ago

man i hate obama

Gee, I really hate to be the one who is always dragging reality into these conversations, but...

Obama was never the Director of the VPC, Its simply not true.

He WAS However the Joyce Foundation, a big non-profit that gave millions of dollars to the VPC.

http://pajamasmedia.com/blog/obama-and-the-attempt-to-destroy-the-second...

Political correctness has become the term du jour for sugar-coated lie. No better substitute for absolute truth in a polite manner. Just give me the true facts, I'll decide if it works for me or not. JMHO

ken.mcloud+

There is a difference between being political correct and a mistake. That's the point I was making. I do not believe this post was an intentional lie, "like most liberals intentionally do." I'm all for telling the truth! And I'm sorry, but if you don't care about his past then how can you have understanding of what he intends to do now. That kind of attitude is the same attitude of people who voted for change. And yes I'm pretty twisted and you are %100 untwisted. Sorry that I offended you, that was not my intention.

-1 Good Comment? | | Report

Post a Reply

bmxbiz-fs