Please Sign In

Please enter a valid username and password
» Not a member? Take a moment to register
» Forgot Username or Password

Why Register?
Signing up could earn you gear (click here to learn how)! It also keeps offensive content off our site.

Rifles

Lever action - 357/30-30

Uploaded on June 29, 2013

Interested in a lever action rifle just for the range. Saw a nice Winchester 30/30 good price..but don't know much about them. I'd like a 357 as we have a S&W 686 and already have ammo....Any recommendations? Preferences? Also saw a Rossi circuit judge 45/410 rifle which is just a neat looking rifle. Thanks ....

Top Rated
All Replies
from Edward J. Palumbo wrote 41 weeks 5 days ago

I have a Winchester Model 94 .30-30 and a Marlin Model 1894 in .357 Magnum, and I enjoy both but I reload (and shoot) the .357 Magnum more, since it's more economical to do so. Practically speaking, I but the bullets in bulk, and a pound of gunpowder goes a long way. Accuracy at 50 yds is very good. I can't tell you what it groups at 100 yds, since all my shots in the field are taken from the standing offhand position, but it's a terror on jackrabbits and it forces the ground squirrels to keep a low profile. I occasionally bring a bag of balloons or box of clay targets out to the high desert to keep in practice, and the .357 lever action is great fun.

0 Good Comment? | | Report
from coosabass2012 wrote 37 weeks 1 day ago

.30-30 Model 94 is a great gun. I just put Tru-glo sights on mine to improve low light for deer hunting. Not sure about groupings but out to 100 yards plus with open sights I generally hit what I'm shooting at.

.30-30 Model 94 is a great gun. I just put Tru-glo sights on mine to improve low light for deer hunting. Not sure about groupings but out to 100 yards plus with open sights I generally hit what I'm shooting at.

Post a Reply

from Edward J. Palumbo wrote 41 weeks 5 days ago

I have a Winchester Model 94 .30-30 and a Marlin Model 1894 in .357 Magnum, and I enjoy both but I reload (and shoot) the .357 Magnum more, since it's more economical to do so. Practically speaking, I but the bullets in bulk, and a pound of gunpowder goes a long way. Accuracy at 50 yds is very good. I can't tell you what it groups at 100 yds, since all my shots in the field are taken from the standing offhand position, but it's a terror on jackrabbits and it forces the ground squirrels to keep a low profile. I occasionally bring a bag of balloons or box of clay targets out to the high desert to keep in practice, and the .357 lever action is great fun.

Post a Reply

bmxbiz-fs