Please Sign In

Please enter a valid username and password
» Not a member? Take a moment to register
» Forgot Username or Password

Why Register?
Signing up could earn you gear (click here to learn how)! It also keeps offensive content off our site.

Rifles

Looking for suggestions for a scope on a Mossberg 464 in 30-30

Uploaded on June 30, 2010

Just bought a mossberg 464 lever gun in 30-30. Looking to use it for deer and pigs. I want to get scope for it but need some direction because of all of the choices out there. Your input is greatly appreciated

Top Rated
All Replies
from bberg7794 wrote 3 years 41 weeks ago

I would look very seriously at a lightweight fixed 2 1/2x or 4x. The 4x scope will help you thread a bullet through branches, which is a great asset if you hunt in the brush. Even 2 1/2x is enough magnification for a 200+ yard shot on a deer-been there done that. The brand of scope is going to depend on how much you want to spend. Use the Leupold FX II series as a standard of comparison. You can also shop ebay for used Leupold M8, Weaver MicroTrac or Redfield Widefield's in 2 3/4x, 3x or 4x and probably come up with a great bargain.

+1 Good Comment? | | Report
from WA Mtnhunter wrote 3 years 41 weeks ago

Try to find a Leupold 1-4x VX-II. Nice light scope for a lever gun. I picked one up on eBay a few years ago and it's on my AR right now, but going on a Savage 99 soon.

from gibr22 wrote 3 years 41 weeks ago

Thank you gentlemen. This helps narrow down my search

0 Good Comment? | | Report

Post a Reply

from bberg7794 wrote 3 years 41 weeks ago

I would look very seriously at a lightweight fixed 2 1/2x or 4x. The 4x scope will help you thread a bullet through branches, which is a great asset if you hunt in the brush. Even 2 1/2x is enough magnification for a 200+ yard shot on a deer-been there done that. The brand of scope is going to depend on how much you want to spend. Use the Leupold FX II series as a standard of comparison. You can also shop ebay for used Leupold M8, Weaver MicroTrac or Redfield Widefield's in 2 3/4x, 3x or 4x and probably come up with a great bargain.

from WA Mtnhunter wrote 3 years 41 weeks ago

Try to find a Leupold 1-4x VX-II. Nice light scope for a lever gun. I picked one up on eBay a few years ago and it's on my AR right now, but going on a Savage 99 soon.

from gibr22 wrote 3 years 41 weeks ago

Thank you gentlemen. This helps narrow down my search

0 Good Comment? | | Report

Post a Reply

bmxbiz-fs