October 17, 2007
The Next Extreme Gear Test
By Tim Romano & Kirk Deeter
The outpouring of positive feedback to our inaugural extreme gear test – The Motorcycle Reel Test – has us contemplating some sequels. We’re kicking around various highly scientific, double-blinded, placebo-controlled methodologies, such as:
· Wader testing with saddle-bronc rodeo cowboys in Gore-Tex
· Rod action testing with mogul skiers
· Ice rink broomball games in wading boots
· Fly line spaghetti (boiling, topping with marinara sauce, then casting)
· The fire hose-mannequin raingear test
· and the ever-popular Butterball-turkey-dangled-from-a-bridge rod test.
So we’re asking you, which idea do you like best? Vote below, or write in your own ideas. If we pick yours we’ll send you something nice.