We may earn revenue from the products available on this page and participate in affiliate programs. Learn more ›
When it comes time to taking your quad on an adventure, the ability to pack as much gear and supplies on board as possible should be at the top of your list. The weather in Pennsylvania always seems to be sketchy. So, to keep our product reviews fresh, when we get a good stretch of weather, I gather up my crew of test monkeys and we hit the trails for the day to gather as much footage as we can. There is no such thing as stopping for lunch, and we’re deep enough into the bush that heading back to the truck to grab additional gear is impractical. So, if there’s a chance I need it, I bring it along.
I sequestered a pair of front and rear Ogio Honcho bags to help equip a 2012 Yamaha Grizzly 700 EPS with additional hauling capacity. Both bags fit nicely on the Grizzly’s stock steel tubular racks and the Velcro straps kept the bags from bouncing around unnecessarily. The camo pattern I opted for also blended very nicely with the Grizzly’s camouflage plastic, making the Ogios look almost OEM.
In my travels, I found the rear bag had enough room to gobble up lunch, four water bottles, a tow strap, a tire plug kit with an air compressor, a riding jacket, an extra pair of goggles, an extra pair of gloves, two large containers with mounting accessories for my Go Pro cameras, and additional supplies. Both bags feature insulated water bottle holders that keep water cool and bottles secure while bouncing down a nasty trail. Integrated into the rear bag are two external, removable bags (one is insulated) that connect to it with Velcro and make a great place to store lunch.
Either bag will also fit nicely into the bed of both a Yamaha Rhino and a Kawasaki Teryx4 with the addition of a few bungee straps to keep them secure. If your future travels require the use of rack storage bags to securely store gear and supplies on your ATV racks or SxS bed, definitely give the Ogio Honcho a look.
– Tons of storage space and compartments for all types of gear.
– Slick looking design gives your machine that “factory” look.
– The soft molded top covers with weatherproof zipper are a great place to store a handgun on adventures that could call for one.
– Dust gasket seal does a decent job of protecting the inside contents from rain, dust, mud and snow. It’s by no means dust-proof or water-proof.
– Velcro tie down straps worked great on our tubular steel Yamaha Grizzly racks. They aren’t as easy to secure on plastic racks like the Polaris Sportsman series.
– Rigid construction holds shape when empty
– Multiple internal compartment storage with collapsible divider partition
– Molded top cover is a great place to carry a firearm
– External removable insulated water bottle holders on the front and rear bags
– Adjustable/removable bungee strap system for extra gear storage
– Oversized bungee “Lid Lockers” keep bag closed at highway speeds
– Convenient, quick access buckles
– Zipper-less main compartment opening for ease of access
Also included on Rear bag
– Reinforced carry handle
– Padded back rest
– One external weatherproof bag
– One external insulated and weatherproof bag
Front Bag: 8″H x 31″W x 12.5″D, 14 pounds, 3,250 cubic inches
Rear Bag: 11″H x 33″W x 11″D, 13.7 pounds, 6,125 cubic inches