Teal season is in full swing across much of the U.S., and hunters in several areas got the added bonus of an extra bird or two in the daily bag limit. Hopefully, if your early-season shooting is on, that means plenty of teal for the grill. If you’re lucky enough to limit out, here are three great teal recipes to try this month.
Pan-Seared Teal with Apricot Demi Jus
Stuffed Teal Breasts**
– 4 teal breasts, filleted from the bone
– 1 cup mascarpone, or softened cream cheese
– 3 cloves of garlic, minced
– 2 jalapeños, diced
– ¼ cup cilantro, finely chopped
– Kosher salt and pepper
1. Using a small, sharp knife, slice a pocket in the side of each teal breast, being careful not to cut all the way through the meat. Liberally season both side of the meat with salt and pepper.
2. Whip together the mascarpone, minced garlic, diced jalapenos, and cilantro.
3. Stuff each breast with a spoonful of the cheese-and-herb mixture. Use a toothpick to seal the pocket closed as best you can.
4. Grill teal breast over a hot fire until just cooked medium-rare.