_I just wanted to share with you an amazing end to a great 2007 hunting season. Yesterday I was sitting in my stand on a small food plot just off Colly Swamp in Bladen County. I was enjoying a beautiful sunset and hoping that I might get one more opportunity at a doe to take to the butcher for processing. Then I spotted some movement in a corner of the food plot that was partially blocked from my view by some trees.

I was able to tell that a mature doe with two button bucks entered the food plot but I did not think that they would move into an open area for a shot before dark. Suddenly all three deer became alarmed and began looking toward the woods where they had entered the field. The doe then blew at whatever was approaching and turned and bounded into the middle of the field followed by the two smaller deer._

Well this gave me a clear line of sight at the doe so I put my crosshairs on her. I started to squeeze the trigger but then I began to wonder if it could be a big Buck that was making the deer nervous. Then the three deer all blew and ran a little further across the food plot, stopped again and looked back on full alert. Well I decided that it was most likely not a buck that had them startled so I shot the doe.

When I shot, the two button bucks ran away while simultaneously a 20 pound bobcat ran into the field and put the death lock on the neck of the doe I had just shot. Amazed by what I had just seen, I shucked another (also my last) shell into the chamber. I could not believe that the bobcat was still there after the sound of the shot and me reloading but he had locked onto a big meal and did not intend to give it up.

I put the cat in the crosshairs and squeezed off my last round, he did not flinch. I thought I had missed him. I sat still for a little while and then I yelled at the cat to see if he was still alive, I got not reaction. I climbed down from my stand and approached the two animals in the field.

_The Bobcat still had a death grip on the doe and was looking right at me as I approached, with an empty gun. What I saw amazed me. The Bobcat was stone cold dead but he still maintained his grip on the doe. I called everyone at camp to come look and take pictures. When it was time to load the doe in the truck we had to load both the doe and the bobcat because I could not separate them.