- Angler Boats 32-Inch Chinook in Lake Erie—Which Isn’t Known to Hold King Salmon
“Everything about this fish was unusual,” said the charter boat’s captain
- Secure Your Rod With The Best Fishing Rod Holders
Keep that rod secure with the best fishing rod holders for boats, kayaks, cars, garage, and the surf.
- Better Meals With The Best Wood for Grilling
Get off your gas and grill steak, chicken, salmon, and more with grilling wood that brings its taste to a whole new level.
- To Bag a Bull Elk, You Have to Find it First. Here’s How
Elk aren’t tricky animals to kill. What makes elk hunting so tough, regardless of what weapon you’re using, is finding them
- Update: New Revelations Come Out About Derek Settle’s 57-Point Whitetail Buck
High fence operation provides evidence that Settle arrowed the buck at their preserve in Indiana
- Are You Shooting the Best Bullet Weight for Your Defensive Handgun?
Some handgun shooters swear by heavy bullets, others preach less weight and more velocity, and the rest aren’t sure. Here’s the truth
- Nevada Bear Season Opens Despite Calls for Cancellation Due to Wildfires
State officials say that the hunt is vital for “keeping animal populations in sync with the capacity of the land.”
- Backcountry Hunts Are Downright Miserable Without These Essential Items
Your dream hunt can quickly become a nightmare if you don’t pack the right gear
- Wyoming Asks Federal Government to Delist Grizzlies from Endangered Species Act
The move could open the door for the return of grizzly bear hunting to the Lower 48
- The Best Spinning Rods for Bass, Trout, Surf Fishing, and More
We outline the key features to look for in a good spinning rod, plus five top choices.
- Fill’er Up: Best Fishing Line Spoolers
Replace old fishing line quickly and easily with the best fishing line spoolers
- Hunting Public Land Elk? Forget 300-Inch Bulls and Just Have Fun
The 300-inch curse has plagued piles of public-land hunters chasing elk in the West. Here’s how to set realistic expectations, get it done, and have a blast
- Best Advice Ever for Deer Hunters: Sit %@&#ing Still!
The number one reason hunters don’t kill deer is because we can’t stop fidgeting, shifting, repositioning, and fiddling with our phones and cameras
- Breakfast and Beyond: Best Camping Griddles
No camping trip would be complete without eating outdoors. Make the perfect meal with a host of new camping griddles to cover any situation
- Black Bear with a Broken Jaw Traps Colorado Family Inside House for 45 Minutes
The startling incident is a part of a broader increase in human-bear conflict
- “They Call Me the Lobster Lady!” This 101-Year-Old is Still Catching Big Bugs
Virginia ‘Ginny’ Oliver is easily one of the oldest lobstermen in the world
- How to Read a Fish Finder to Find Structure and Fish
From deciphering arches to interpreting colors, check out these tips for how to read a fish finder.
- F&S Classics: Weidmannsdank!
Hunting red stag and chamois in Austria’s Alps is cause for a sportsman’s “thank you”
- A State-By-State Hunting and Fishing Guide to the Mega-Drought in the West
From California to Minnesota, here’s how the drought will affect your upcoming hunting and fishing seasons
- What Elk Calls to Remember (and What to Forget) When Hunting a Big Bull
Knowing what elk are saying and answering correctly are critical to punching your tag
- New York Requires Hunter Orange or Pink During Big Game Season for First Time Ever
New York was a longtime hold-out in not requiring hunter orange—but that’s changing this fall
- NJ Governor Squashes Emergency Bear Hunt
A last-minute effort by the Fish and Game Council to re-open bear hunting in the state has been shut down
- Silhouette Goose Decoys Are All the Rage. Here’s Why and How to Use them
Silhouette goose decoys are hot now because they’re lighter than ever, and still relatively cheap. Here’s how to get the most from them in the field
- Is The Safarikar the Ultimate Hunting Rig? Its Eccentric Designer Thought So
In the 1970s, Bruce Baldwin Mohs designed the incredibly strange Safarikar for hunting in Africa. Only three prototypes exist and one is for sale
- Healthy Canines: Best Flea and Tick Prevention for Dogs
Keep your dog healthy and happy, and keep parasites out of your home, with these top flea and tick treatments.
- Looking to Boost Participation, Maryland Holds Stocked Pheasant Hunt Lottery
The hunt is open to new and lapsed hunters. State officials hope it will draw more people into the field this fall
- Kentucky Hunter Kills 57-Point 280-Plus-Inch Potential Record Whitetail
The full story of how Derek Settle put it all together to take this buck of a lifetime on a D.I.Y. solo hunt on his property
- How to Install a Fish Finder
Whether a kayak, Jon boat, or center console—learn how to install a fish finder for better days on the water
- These Old-School Striper Patterns Are Still Deadly During the Fall Run
Forget the flash and fancy stuff and match the bait with these five classic saltwater patterns
- Trick Out Your Favorite .22 Pistol to Create the Perfect Plinker
Aftermarket parts for Smith & Wesson’s Victory, Ruger’s Mark IV, Browning’s Buckmark, and other great .22 pistols, let you customize your rimfire repeater
- Lowrance Fish Finder: Durable Fishing Gear You Can Rely On
A reliable Lowrance fish finder can help you see structure and find more fish. Here’s an in depth look at some of our favorite models.
- Georgia Angler Lands Record 1-Lb., 7.68-Oz. Bluegill
The fisherman and his buddy thought it was a catfish at first, but soon realized they had a record catch
- South Dakota Retools to Boost Pheasant and Hunter Participation Numbers
The state is pushing to reaffirm its reputation as the best place in the country to kill a limit of roosters
- Start ‘Em Right: Best Kids Fishing Poles
Get that new angler catching fish quickly with the best rod and reel combos for kids.
- 45 Coyote Attacks at Vancouver Park Prompts Major Government Culling Effort
After a rash of coyote attacks, local officials will cull up to 35 coyotes from a popular city park.
- Best Charcoal Grills for Delicious Meals
Nothing tastes better than meat and fish grilled over charcoal. Here’s how to find the best charcoal grill for how you cook, plus five top models.
- Mono, Flouro, Braid: Best Fishing Lines
Fishing line’s the vital link between you and your catch, and our picks will help you land that lunker
- The Long Game: How to Make a 1,000-Yard Shot
The final installment of this series ties everything we’ve covered so far together in order to make hits at 1000 yards
- Texas Woman Beaches Giant 11.5-Foot Hammerhead While Fishing From a Pickup Truck
Jen Merchant tagged and safely released this impressive shark from a beach near Corpus Christi
- Axe Field Test: The Best Axes of 2021
We hand-test a selection of the best axes on a wide range of applications, from everyday chores to emergency use.
- Best Trolling Motors for Your Boat
How to choose the best trolling motor for whatever type of boat you have, plus the top five models.
- The Full Story Behind Pennsylvania’s 455-Inch State Record Bull Elk
This beast is the biggest elk ever taken in the Keystone State—and the 6th largest in the world
- The Best Smokers to Improve Your Meals
Making the neighbors envious for about 2 million years. Continue that tradition with the best smoker for you.
- How to Throw the Ultimate Wild Game BBQ Party
A successful wild game BBQ depends on proper preparation
- Think That Bullet Velocity Doesn’t Matter? Think Again
Bullet construction and energy downrange is important, but it’s all impossible without velocity
- Q&A: Olympic Skeet Shooting Gold Medalist Lt. Amber English
Lt. English on the pressures of competing in the Olympics and why she chose shotgunning over rifle shooting
- The Long Game: How to Shoot Out to 500 Yards
We’re almost at the end. But first, we delve into mastering intermediate-distance shots out to 500 yards
- The Long Game: How to Beat the Wind When Shooting Long Range
It’s time to address the biggest X-factor in long-range shooting: How to determine what the wind is doing
- The Long Game: How to Zero a Long Range Rifle
Here’s how to make sure your point of impact is correct for long-range shooting
- Video: Gray Wolf Chomps Down On a Large Grizzly Bear
The wolf bit the grizzly three times in Yellowstone National Park, likely because of a nearby elk carcass
- Think Pheasants Look Wild? Check Out These 5 Strange Upland Birds
From psychedelic colors to elaborate calls and rituals, these unusual upland birds stand out in the crowd
- “I Was Shocked!” Connecticut Angler Lands Potential World Record White Catfish
The 21.3-pound white cat doubles the previous state record and potentially smashes the IGFA all-tackle record, too. And no, it’s not a channel cat
- Kentucky Moves to Ban Baiting in Five Counties After CWD Found In Nearby Tennessee Deer
Southwest Kentucky is one of the nation’s top trophy buck destinations. Suddenly, a week into bow season, they’re staring at an emergency ban on baiting
- The Long Game: How to Master the Prone Position
Our expert explains how to shoot from the most vital position for long range: prone
- 10 of the Biggest World Record Catfish Ever Caught
From behemoth blues to fat flatheads, here’s a look at 10 of the most impressive world record catfish ever caught
- White House Withdraws Controversial Pro-Gun-Control ATF Pick, David Chipman
The Biden Administration has pulled the plug on its ATF Director nominee after backlash over Chipman’s history of pro-gun-control advocacy
- My First Gun: The Not-Another-Hand-Me-Down Remington Model 7
After hunting with borrowed guns his whole life, the author finally gets a rifle of his own—and promptly uses it on the hunt of a lifetime
- Hiding in Plain Sight: Best Hunting Blinds
This hand-picked selection of the best hunting blinds will help you choose the right one for how and where you hunt.
- 21-Year-Old Minneapolis Angler Catches Massive 54.5-inch Muskie in City Lake
The behemoth fish was pulled out of an urban fishery just minutes from downtown Minneapolis
- Best Internal Frame Backpacks For Every Adventure
Our selection of the most functional and comfortable internal frame backpacks for hauling gear in and out of the wild
- The Long Game: What’s the Best Ammo for Long Range Shooting?
In the seventh installment of our long-range series, we look at how to analyze your ammunition for long-distance shooting
- Virginia Bowfisherman Arrows Monster 4.5-Foot State-Record Longnose Gar
The Virginia DWR certified the 23-pound gar as the new state archery record, easily retiring the 21-pound record fish taken in 2019