Petzal: Stupid Moves

The Gun Nuts

May 20, 2009

Petzal: Stupid Moves

By David E. Petzal

In this blog and in my magazine column I try to project an aura of calm infallibility, making myself out to be sort of an aged Anti-Heavey. But the truth is, about once every other week, I screw up so badly that I recite a prayer which I composed especially for those occasions. It goes:

“Oh Lord of Hosts, who guided my namesake David’s hand so that he could put a rock right through Goliath’s pre-frontal lobes even though he played the harp in his spare time, I thank Thee that the readers didn’t see me do that.”

But I think it’s time to come clean. I do dumb s**t just like everyone else. Last week I forgot to tighten the front rings on a Leupold mount and the recoil yanked the rear rings right of the windage screws, sliding the scope forward and leaving me wondering why the hell I wasn’t on the paper any more.

The week before that I got a box of the brand-new 100-grain .257 Swift Sciroccos, and looked up my .25/06 load for 87-grain Nosler Ballistic Tips to use as a starting point. Since 100 grains is less than 87 grains, I added one grain of powder to the 87-grain load and then wondered why my primers were bashed flat until it dawned on me that 100-grain bullets weigh more than 87-grainers, not less, and I should have cut back by one grain of powder instead of adding.

We all do dumb s**t, and about all we can do about it is constantly check ourselves and hope that we catch it in time. By the way, the accuracy of the new Sciroccos, once I got my head right, was sensational.

from Beekeeper wrote 4 years 47 weeks ago

Dave,

I'm truly stunned, you the pillar of all that is irrefutable in the gun world makes mistakes. Why Sir, you've rendered me into a state of the vapors!

from idahooutdoors wrote 4 years 47 weeks ago

We learn more by our many dumb mistakes than our occasional acts of genius. My brain lets me down quite often, which makes me wonder how I have survived this long, considering the Wild Lands I have played in all my life... Sciroccos do shoot good (I used some factory loads in .300 Win), and that black tip is menacing looking to boot...

from MaxPower wrote 4 years 47 weeks ago

DEP, in the words of Nelson Muntz, "Ha-ha."

from jjas wrote 4 years 47 weeks ago

Dave,

We all step in a pile of sh*t every now and again. I just try to learn from mine (and others) and keep on going.

Jim

from WA Mtnhunter wrote 4 years 47 weeks ago

In your opinion, do the Scirocco's shoot better than Barnes TSX? I tried some 165 Scirocco' in handloads in my .30-06 and it did not like them. Also less than stellar with Remington Premier factory 180 gr Scirocco's. Mt .257R shoots Ballistic Tips just fine, so maybe I should try the Scirocco's for deer loads?

from WA Mtnhunter wrote 4 years 47 weeks ago

Woops, should be "My .257R" not "Mt". I have 7 preference points heading into the draw for a limited entry mule deer hunt and am hell bent and determined to tune up my .257 Roberts (one of them, anyway) for that hunt if I draw.

from Big O wrote 4 years 47 weeks ago

OH MY GOD HE'S HUMAN !!! What will we do?(LOL?LMAO)
Thank you sir for fessing up, let's us "mortal's" know it's o.k. to screw up once in awhile.

from duckcreekdick wrote 4 years 47 weeks ago

To err is human. To admit it to your fellow sportsmen, an unforgiving lot, is an act of sublime humility to be commended.

from KJ wrote 4 years 47 weeks ago

I'd tell you what my dumb moves are, but I'm afraid my wife might get on here and read about them. That would crush her. She thinks I'm perfect.

from jersey pig wrote 4 years 47 weeks ago

wow. i'm not sure i can continue on knowing that my model of infalibility is capabale of failure.

i actually love to screw up. first and foremost you always learn from it, even if the motivation is to not be that embarassed again. and sometimes these lesson stick better than weeks of studying. secondly, it usuallu makes for a fantastic fireside story on the next trip, with the names and times adjusted so as not to reflect it was me of course.

from buck hunter 17 wrote 4 years 47 weeks ago

have you ever noticed that you learn more by axcendent then by disine.

from sskbkrdg wrote 4 years 47 weeks ago

Ah ha, the evil signs of age are finally breaking through to light. Just wait awhile, it gets better...Then you may actually do Real smart things like going bear hunting,seeing a bear as you pull in to park, grabbing you trusty rifle to load and then realize you have left the bolt on the kitchen counter. The worst part is having your best hunting buddy with you and him seeing what you did !.

from sskbkrdg wrote 4 years 47 weeks ago

While I'm here, I have a question. I recently received an ad to have my gun barrel cryo-accurized (about 80 bucks)and "guarenteed" to produce tighter groups and easier cleaning. Whats your take on this Dave?

from OrangeNeckInNY wrote 4 years 47 weeks ago

100 grains is less than 87 grains?? Would that be true in Bizarro world??

from davidpetzal wrote 4 years 47 weeks ago

To SSKBKRDG: I have yet to hear of any cryo-ed barrel that improved more than 10 percent by getting itself frozen. Not worth the money.

To WA MTN Hunter: It depends on the rifle. Both bullets are extremely accurate in guns that like them.

To Big O: I never said I was human, just that I made mistakes now and then.

from Canadian Lurker wrote 4 years 47 weeks ago

That's cool David. You made a reloading mistake and still have 10 fingers and 2 eyes. Or whatever the normal number of digits and eyes is in your specie.

from Del in KS wrote 4 years 47 weeks ago

My hero David E. Petzal made a Mi...Mi...MISTAKE I am sooooooooooo crushed. Dave, say it isn't so.

100 grains is less than 87 grains??? If you say so Dave.LMAO

from Jim in Mo wrote 4 years 47 weeks ago

Funny, but no body's admitting to a stupid mistake. I'll tell mine if you'll tell yours. And I bet mine can top yours, no death involved for me, yours wins if it does.

from libertyfirst wrote 4 years 47 weeks ago

Everyone who attempts to do anything is this world is going to make mistakes. It takes a big man or a dummy to admit that he made them. How's this one! I worked as a gunsmith for a whole bunch of years and One fine day a man came in with a rifle that had never been marked for caliber. We decided to make a chamber cast to determine caliber. You make casts from a material called cerrosafe, a metal mix that is very easy to melt and remove from the chamber as soon as it is hard enough to measure. My melting pot for cerrosafe is exactly like the melting pot for lead. I chose the wrong pot! I made the chamber cast and couldn't get it out without a ton of work. The owner witness the whole affair. I don"t remember him ever bringing me more work!

from Ed J wrote 4 years 47 weeks ago

Libertyfirst, you admit to putting a lead plug in a guys barrel?

from Jim in Mo wrote 4 years 47 weeks ago

liberyfirst,
That's what I'm talking about. Stuff you could just kick yourself in the a** for.

from Jim in Mo wrote 4 years 47 weeks ago

BTW, I got you beat by a mile.

from Big O wrote 4 years 47 weeks ago

One more question? Where did you say you went to school?

from Walt Smith wrote 4 years 47 weeks ago

That just shows that your a human and not a robot. At least you didn't snub all the women subcribers. C'mon Dave, what really happened?

from jimmied wrote 4 years 47 weeks ago

Na, I could say something but we all do dumb s*it. Last month I was sighting in my 7mm-08 and a new 308. Got mixed up and loaded a 7mm-08 round in the 308. I couldn't figure out what the funny sound was when I touched off the round. I jerked out the bolt and looked down the barrel, nothing there, I walked down to the target and was clean. As I was walking back to the bench, my head fell out of me arse and I could see just a tad better. Dumb sh*t, you bet it was.

from Hunter Savage wrote 4 years 47 weeks ago

they better put you in charge of the cash box at the next bake sale . i telling ya 100 is less than 87 now pay up sucker lmao

from M1jhartman wrote 4 years 47 weeks ago

Dave, you as a writer are in on heck of a position. I am not a writer but I am a part of the "why"?" generation that you seem to hate so much. But let's not get caught up on that. I don't like old foagies anyway. Anyhow, one thing I can say is that being able to convey your thoughts onto paper or in a text message allows you to make yourself look very good. Every young man is a romeo when he is texting a lady. It gives us time to recap and restructure. You do just the same. You woo us and wow us. But your just another writer in New York. Have a nice day Mr. Petzal.

-11 Good Comment? | | Report
from shane wrote 4 years 47 weeks ago

Jim - "If you killed someone when you screwed up, you win."

Nice.

-7 Good Comment? | | Report
from Carney wrote 4 years 47 weeks ago

Dave, occasionally we experience a "reality warp" where a parallel but opposite universe collides with the space and time continuum which we inhabit. In that parallel universe, natural laws are equal but opposing to the laws of nature as we know them. For example, time flows backwards from the past to the future and, as one might suspect, gravity is reversed so that larger bodies repel, rather than attract, smaller bodies. When this collision of these two separate and opposite realities takes place, one will respond in accordance with the universe he is inhabiting at any split second. This accounts for why 100 grains can momentarily be less than 87 grains. It also accounts for why I once had a laughing fit at a funeral; threw away a most important, valuable and irreplacable document; shot a hole in my parents' bed while practicing gun safety; threw a fishing pole into the river; ran a stop light; and a few other things that I t'nac knith fo thgir won.

from dogman wrote 4 years 47 weeks ago

It's human to make mistakes - it's most important that first we realize we made the mistake and second that we hopefully learn something and don't repeat the same mistake.

from davidpetzal wrote 4 years 47 weeks ago

To Carney: I think you're hit the nail on the head. As everyone knows, Newtonian physics can't account for all the weird stuff that goes on in the universe, which is why we have quantum physics, so it may well be that in some parallel existence, 100 is less than 87.

To M1jHartman: Huh?

from davidpetzal wrote 4 years 47 weeks ago

That should, of course, be "you've."

from Richard G. wrote 4 years 47 weeks ago

David - Thank you for reminding us that you to are just human. NOW - If Clay Cooper would just admit that he actually does not know something about everything .... that would be progress!

Blessings

from platte river rat wrote 4 years 47 weeks ago

Dave, Here on the banks of the deep blue, sand bar loaded, Platte River, we call those little mistakes ----brain f++ts. comes with gray beards, belly ripples, and where did my toes disappear to. Welcome to the club. lololo---

from Douglas wrote 4 years 47 weeks ago

I mever nake mistrakes.

from sskbkrdg wrote 4 years 47 weeks ago

Dave, as another "old foagie" who remembers what it means to "get your kicks on route 66" ; I find it awfully funny to see and hear the loud horns these "immortally young" fellas so easily blow today.
Like my grandfather used to so graciously tell me," shut up and pay attention and you might outlive me". I did...

from nc30-06 wrote 4 years 47 weeks ago

Hey Dave, as long as a lesson is learned and you survive, its ok. You never know how screwing up in one instance is going to prevent a worse screw-up in another.
I just noticed too that you have not included a picture on your post.

from Jeff Bowers wrote 4 years 47 weeks ago

As long as we keep our mistakes small enough that nobody gets hurt, it's just another learning experience. Every time we think we have everything just fine is when nature corrects us.

from Scott Jones wrote 4 years 47 weeks ago

Reminds me of the old joke about the last words of a redneck: "Watch this!"

Grumpy old men have to make it to old.

from Paul Wilke wrote 4 years 47 weeks ago

Thank you very much.
Yesterday I committed a bonehead screw-up, and then corrected with a genius repair.
But it bothered me all day, woke me up at night, and of course it's been on my mind this morning, until I read about your boneheadedness. I guess I can forgive myself.
Thanks again.

from TommyNash wrote 4 years 47 weeks ago

All you can do is admit it, fix it and try and get better the next time.....unless of course no one sees you, then have a couple more cold beers and keep rockin.

from WA Mtnhunter wrote 4 years 47 weeks ago

@ 3kidsdad

Or more likely, "Hold my beer and watch this".

Wasn't that the most common thing heard on the new 4x4 cab voice recorder test program?

from Scott Kittinger wrote 4 years 47 weeks ago

Once, long ago. I still was able to use iron sights. I was holding my mod. 94 on a nuisance deer permit field, and a coyote came in and stood watching around 40 yards away. I had my rear sight elevated for 200 yards and promptly shot way over the top of him. He ran of course but stopped just over 200 yards away. Bad move as he's now in the spirit world. Forgot to lower the sight picture to compensate for the short shot. I suppose it could happen with a scope as well. Good news: only 1 witness. We're all humans Dave. Except maybe my ex-wife.

Richard G.

It’s called paying attention to detail and situational awareness!

Check
Double Check
And recheck!

Petzal: Stupid Moves?

I always say

It’s not a question of if?
It’s a question of when!
I’ll bet Sir David will never repeat that mistake again!

from Jere Smith wrote 4 years 47 weeks ago

Scott in Southe... My ex-wife too!

Dave we have all done stupid schiessen and survived!

from blueridge wrote 4 years 47 weeks ago

Thanks, Dave...
It is a good thing for a gunscribe to do, admitting to feet of clay. It makes us trust you with the truth, and perhaps cut ourselves a little slack when do bone-headed things, ourselves. In the muzzleloading field, there is a club called, "Ball with No Powder". Almost every who joins does it reluctantly.

Again, Thank You for the humanity...it makes us all brothers. Faulty, but brothers.

Blue

from Clay Cooper wrote 4 years 47 weeks ago

Nice thing about reloading 25-06, it’s more forgiving than others!

100-grain .257 Swift Sciroccos?

reformed 30-06 Lake City Military Match case

Federal 215 Magnum Primer

Start out with 53 grains of IMR4831 and work up to 55 grains

Sweet Heart of a load!

from Jere Smith wrote 4 years 47 weeks ago

Good point Clay.

from Clay Cooper wrote 4 years 47 weeks ago

When you load competition one load at a time by the hundreds per month if not by week, you can catch deformities and mistakes more easily not just by sight but by feel. I got the pleasure to visit Berger Bullets when they were working out of a shack in Phoenix Arizona. They made their bullets one at a time and the bullet smiths by feeling the weight and texture etc of the bullet can identify a defective bullet.

from Clay Cooper wrote 4 years 47 weeks ago

I started to prime 50 cases of 6.5x55 and noticed the primer compound a different color. Somehow Large Magnum Pistol Primers got switched

from micko77 wrote 4 years 47 weeks ago

I recall being at a PPC competition in the 80's and a fella had loaded his .38's so light he got 6 "bangs" at the 7-yard line but no holes in the target. I got a kick out of helping him drive those slugs out of his bore with gear I kept in my range bag. Guess who did the same thing a couple of years later? Fortunately at my own range, with no witnesses. I tell my kids that some learn from the mistakes of others, some from their own mistakes, and some just don't learn.

from Bernie wrote 4 years 47 weeks ago

About 35 years ago I loaded some .300 Weatherby ammo for my father, using IMR-4831 powder but inadvertently used date for the old surplus 4831. It apparently ruined the chamber because he had the rifle rebarreled. I figured he got rid of the ammo, but being a Depression-era survivor, he never throws anything away. Two years ago I almost used the same ammo, caught myself in time, and pulled the bullets!

Ten years ago I mounted a scope for my boss, never could figure out why the rifle wouldn't shoot right. A gunsmith found that the objective was touching the barrel and preventing the scope from sitting entirely in the rings--my boss needed medium height rings instead of the low ones he had. I should have seen that in an instant but did not. Dumb!

from cliff68 wrote 4 years 47 weeks ago

Had a little scuff on a blued revolver that I wanted to touch up. Grabbed a blue bottle of Birchwood Caseys and rubbed some on. Only problem was that I didn't look at the label and it was blue and rust remover. Then I had a big scuff to touch up!!

from crm3006 wrote 4 years 47 weeks ago

I married my ex-thank-God wife. After the divorce, I became very careful of mistakes of any nature, kind, type or description.

from wingshooter54 wrote 4 years 47 weeks ago

First, the hearing goes....then the memory. Oh, well; join the club Dave. Wait until you get to the deer stand and realize your binoculars are still sitting on the kitchen table. ###@#@!!!
Michael

from jmh wrote 4 years 47 weeks ago

Dave,
The only people without "those" moments, are individuals who haven't done anything. For the sake of brevity, I'll not elaborate on my own.

M1jhartman - a) your post does not make much sense, and b) please set up a new identity and cease besmirching the name of good people.

Platteriverrat; good country all along, but where is the "one inch deep and one mile wide" Platte deep and blue? [Aside from Big Mac, Glendo, Alcova, Grey Reef, Pathfinder and Seminoe].

JMH

from buckstopper wrote 4 years 47 weeks ago

Dave,
I have an extra inertial bullet puller you can borrow. I
learned a long time ago to never reload with a friend because you get so caught up in storytelling that you screw up a load.

buckstopper

Speaking of distraction, a fella BSing while reloading loped off the end of his finger seating pullets for his 45-70

from Clay Cooper wrote 4 years 47 weeks ago

pullets and new word in reloading B)LOL!

from Clay Cooper wrote 4 years 47 weeks ago

Need a difinition for the new word "PULLETS"!

from Del in KS wrote 4 years 47 weeks ago

Why Clay, I thought you knew a pullet is a bullet that has been pulled and can be reused. Also a young hen chicken is known as a pullet.

from Del in KS wrote 4 years 47 weeks ago

Blueridge,

Been there done that more than once hate to admit. What would be worse is a double load. Thankfully never done that one.

from Gunslinger wrote 4 years 47 weeks ago

We are all guilty of dumb mistakes.Like in sawing a board,measure twice, cut once. I told you guys thoe Sciroccos's bullets were the best available on the retail market. Know nothing of reloading as never felt i ws capeable of doing so,.

from jbird wrote 4 years 47 weeks ago

I was trying to be safe when I cycled the rounds out of an old .06 after sighting it in with my then girlfriend. Extractor failed to pull out the last round in the chamber, and I didn't notice. Pulled the trigger and "Boom", right thru the driver's door of my pickup.(I was standing @ the passenger side w/gun across seat). To make matters worse, my window was half down, so the bullet took that out too. It was a COLD drive home! Luckily for me, she still ended up marrying me!

Dave, glad to know the "hands-down" best gun-writer in the business makes mistakes too, and is man enough to willingly share them.

from Shaky wrote 4 years 47 weeks ago

Clay; I have had a few carnivorous chickens myself, but I never tried to stuff one in a 45/70 case.
I once loaded 50 rnds for my .22 Hornet with small magnum
pistol primers. Did't hurt the rifle, but shot all over the hillside except where I was aiming. I thought the rifle was haywire, until I started to reload those cases and discovered that the decapping pin went all the way through the primer without knocking it out, had to throw all of those cases away. That happened in 1960. I learned a valuable lesson from that, and have made sure of my primers ever since. When there is ANY doubt, I throw them away.

from sskbkrdg wrote 4 years 47 weeks ago

I need some advice guys, back in 1950, my father had a stevens 12ga. double barrel fire off both barrels when he closed it. It hasn't been fired since. Now I have it and want to get it working. With no gunsmiths around here, how can I safely check this gun myself?

from 60256 wrote 4 years 47 weeks ago

Gunslinger,
I've never heard that analogy before. That's a good one!

Nate

from Gunslinger wrote 4 years 47 weeks ago

Thanks Nate. Learned that the hard way and cost me dearly Asnother i learned, if you need a Plumber don't call a Painter.When I built heere i had a extra bath-room plumbed in to complete later as could afford. Well i started one Sat Am and worked all day and Monday nightt. Bet i made 20 trips to Lowes, so from then owned, if new nothing about what I planned to do I called the experts.Same with my frearms. If I can;t fix, it goes to my GunSmith.Shoot-u-straight and often.

from Shaky wrote 4 years 47 weeks ago

To sskbkrdg; take two fired 12ga. shells and load them in the gun, and close it like you would normally. If the hammers fall, you will know it, if your hearing is normal. Test by pulling the trigger, if two triggers, pull them one at a time. If hammers fall when triggers are pulled, open gun and close it harder, if it still does't fire, clean and oil it and shoot it. But if the hammers do fall on closing, the safest thing to do is either hang it on the wall to look at and tell your son it's a keepsake from your dad, or take it to a gunsmith.A double barrel is tricky to work on and very easy to screw up, so that you might not even have it as a keepsake.
NOTE: Do not snap the hammers down on empty chambers, as you can easily break them.

from FloridaHunter1226 wrote 4 years 47 weeks ago

Everybody is human so I forgive you Dave! I am not going to lie, I have also done some pretty dumb sh#t in my day too. Glad to hear that someone who knows so much still makes some pretty stupid mistakes. The mistakes a man makes is not nearly important as what he learns from them...

from Zermoid wrote 4 years 47 weeks ago

Also to sskbkrdg,
Take 2 empty shells and prime them, nothing else, no powder and no shot, you will DEFINITELY know if it fires them unless you are deaf!
Unless you are very mechanically inclined and know what you are doing find a good gunsmith and have it fixed by them.

This also reinforces the rule to ALWAYS keep the muzzle pointed in a safe direction, mechanical failures Do happen!

from ranger2 wrote 4 years 47 weeks ago

sskbkrdg,
I had an old spanish double barrel do the same thing- the trouble with mine was that the pins were stuck- it had nothing to do with the trigger assembly. It is tough to clean the pins thouroughly without a special tool to unscrew the plates... anyhow, I figured out what the problem was because the pins left a little drag mark on the primer before it set them off. You could check to see if the firing pins are stuck by putting a piece of thin masking tape on the back of some spent shells and see if the tape is marked or punctured. I hope this helps... and good luck!

from Richard G. wrote 4 years 47 weeks ago

Blessings

from duckcreekdick wrote 4 years 47 weeks ago

from jimmied wrote 4 years 47 weeks ago

from MaxPower wrote 4 years 47 weeks ago

DEP, in the words of Nelson Muntz, "Ha-ha."

from sskbkrdg wrote 4 years 47 weeks ago

from sskbkrdg wrote 4 years 47 weeks ago

from Carney wrote 4 years 47 weeks ago

from davidpetzal wrote 4 years 47 weeks ago

To M1jHartman: Huh?

from platte river rat wrote 4 years 47 weeks ago

from Douglas wrote 4 years 47 weeks ago

I mever nake mistrakes.

from Scott Kittinger wrote 4 years 47 weeks ago

Petzal: Stupid Moves?

I always say

It’s not a question of if?
It’s a question of when!
I’ll bet Sir David will never repeat that mistake again!

from Beekeeper wrote 4 years 47 weeks ago

Dave,

from idahooutdoors wrote 4 years 47 weeks ago

from jjas wrote 4 years 47 weeks ago

Dave,

Jim

from WA Mtnhunter wrote 4 years 47 weeks ago

from WA Mtnhunter wrote 4 years 47 weeks ago

from Big O wrote 4 years 47 weeks ago

OH MY GOD HE'S HUMAN !!! What will we do?(LOL?LMAO)

from KJ wrote 4 years 47 weeks ago

from jersey pig wrote 4 years 47 weeks ago

from buck hunter 17 wrote 4 years 47 weeks ago

have you ever noticed that you learn more by axcendent then by disine.

from OrangeNeckInNY wrote 4 years 47 weeks ago

100 grains is less than 87 grains?? Would that be true in Bizarro world??

from davidpetzal wrote 4 years 47 weeks ago

To Big O: I never said I was human, just that I made mistakes now and then.

from Canadian Lurker wrote 4 years 47 weeks ago

from Del in KS wrote 4 years 47 weeks ago

100 grains is less than 87 grains??? If you say so Dave.LMAO

from Jim in Mo wrote 4 years 47 weeks ago

from libertyfirst wrote 4 years 47 weeks ago

from Ed J wrote 4 years 47 weeks ago

Libertyfirst, you admit to putting a lead plug in a guys barrel?

from Jim in Mo wrote 4 years 47 weeks ago

liberyfirst,

from Jim in Mo wrote 4 years 47 weeks ago

BTW, I got you beat by a mile.

from Big O wrote 4 years 47 weeks ago

One more question? Where did you say you went to school?

from Walt Smith wrote 4 years 47 weeks ago

from dogman wrote 4 years 47 weeks ago

from davidpetzal wrote 4 years 47 weeks ago

That should, of course, be "you've."

from sskbkrdg wrote 4 years 47 weeks ago

from nc30-06 wrote 4 years 47 weeks ago

I just noticed too that you have not included a picture on your post.

from Jeff Bowers wrote 4 years 47 weeks ago

from Scott Jones wrote 4 years 47 weeks ago

Reminds me of the old joke about the last words of a redneck: "Watch this!"

Grumpy old men have to make it to old.

from Paul Wilke wrote 4 years 47 weeks ago

Thank you very much.
Thanks again.

from TommyNash wrote 4 years 47 weeks ago

from WA Mtnhunter wrote 4 years 47 weeks ago

@ 3kidsdad

Or more likely, "Hold my beer and watch this".

Richard G.

It’s called paying attention to detail and situational awareness!

Check
Double Check
And recheck!

from micko77 wrote 4 years 47 weeks ago

from Del in KS wrote 4 years 47 weeks ago

Blueridge,

from Gunslinger wrote 4 years 47 weeks ago

from FloridaHunter1226 wrote 4 years 47 weeks ago

from Hunter Savage wrote 4 years 47 weeks ago

from Jere Smith wrote 4 years 47 weeks ago

Scott in Southe... My ex-wife too!

Dave we have all done stupid schiessen and survived!

from blueridge wrote 4 years 47 weeks ago

Thanks, Dave...

Blue

from Clay Cooper wrote 4 years 47 weeks ago

Nice thing about reloading 25-06, it’s more forgiving than others!

100-grain .257 Swift Sciroccos?

reformed 30-06 Lake City Military Match case

JMH

from buckstopper wrote 4 years 47 weeks ago

Dave,
I have an extra inertial bullet puller you can borrow. I

buckstopper

from Clay Cooper wrote 4 years 47 weeks ago

pullets and new word in reloading B)LOL!

from Clay Cooper wrote 4 years 47 weeks ago

Need a difinition for the new word "PULLETS"!

from Del in KS wrote 4 years 47 weeks ago

from jbird wrote 4 years 47 weeks ago

from Shaky wrote 4 years 47 weeks ago

I once loaded 50 rnds for my .22 Hornet with small magnum

from sskbkrdg wrote 4 years 47 weeks ago

from 60256 wrote 4 years 47 weeks ago

Gunslinger,
I've never heard that analogy before. That's a good one!

Nate

from Gunslinger wrote 4 years 47 weeks ago

from Shaky wrote 4 years 47 weeks ago

from Zermoid wrote 4 years 47 weeks ago

Also to sskbkrdg,

from ranger2 wrote 4 years 47 weeks ago

sskbkrdg,

from shane wrote 4 years 47 weeks ago

Jim - "If you killed someone when you screwed up, you win."

Nice.