Winter Doldrums Redfish Slide Show

FlyTalk

January 29, 2010

Winter Doldrums Redfish Slide Show

By Tim Romano

Its been a while since I've had a reason to shoot a ton of photographs in regards to fishing.  Last week I had a reason. Three days of fishing New Orleans, LA, for bull redfish with friends Gregg Arnold, Malcolm Robertson, Travis and "Bear" Holeman, and of course Deeter.

The weather was nuts, oysters fresh, beignets delicious, beer cold, and as usual with these fishy fools - the fly action was hot.

Hope you enjoy it.

TR

from buckhunter wrote 4 years 11 weeks ago

I'll be in NO this fall on business. I think you've help me make plans. Free advice on guides would be appreciated.

Great pics by the way.

TR. My buddies are taking great underwater photos and underwater films with a waterproof camera. What would be your suggestion for a camera say under $500.

from MLH wrote 4 years 11 weeks ago

Excellent. Thank you. Now we know that after deliberation and, perhaps, a little arm-twisting you decided to go on the trip. Glad you did.

Something about the head of a redfish - looks like an alien life form.

from kirkdeeter wrote 4 years 11 weeks ago

So I think we've answered the question, "Should Timmy stay in Colorado, or go on a fishing trip with Deeter" for the last time. I rest my case, your honor(s).

By the way, slide 1 was my breakfast on Thursday... seafood gumbo, and shrimp grits... hot sauce and black coffee. Breakfast of champions.

from Paul Zabel wrote 4 years 11 weeks ago

Timmy, all you could find is my hung over glasses on inside at breakfast photo?

from MLH wrote 4 years 11 weeks ago

Also, some potential future caption contest photos in there.

from TheRiverYeti wrote 4 years 11 weeks ago

Simply masterful shots. Thank you for sharing.

from alabamaoutlaw wrote 4 years 11 weeks ago

That really makes the menu for today easy.It's time for Mardi Gras. Rain last night cancelled the first parade.
Bon Ton Roulet

from kyka1865 wrote 4 years 11 weeks ago

wow as I sit here in Ohio in the cold, when all I can think is that if I do go out, I am gonna spend the whole time clearing my guides, I hate you guys... but awsome trip looks like a good, good time

from conway wrote 4 years 11 weeks ago

TR...
Wonderful shots.NOLA is a very special place. The crew down there is like family to all of us. We are very fortunate anglers to be able to spend time out on the "Marsh" with these Boyz....
Bravo my brotha' you rocked the house again.
cxb

from wilksey88 wrote 4 years 11 weeks ago

After looking through these amazing pics it got me thinking...how about an article about outdoor photography to help us outdoorsmen capture the experience better?

from timromano wrote 4 years 11 weeks ago

Conway - couldn't agree more. Thanks for the compliments on the photos.

wilksey88 - check out this story I did last year. Almost exactly what you are talking about.

from Keller wrote 4 years 11 weeks ago

Great photos!! Glad the weather broke to get out and get them. It is a wonderful place.

from flyfishchick wrote 4 years 11 weeks ago

killer slideshow!! gives me hope. we met up with Travis Holeman to try and fish this past weekend but the weather didn't cooperate. fingers crossed, sometime in feb or march we will get out there

great work
FFC

from kirkdeeter wrote 4 years 11 weeks ago

from wilksey88 wrote 4 years 11 weeks ago

from buckhunter wrote 4 years 11 weeks ago

Great pics by the way.

from MLH wrote 4 years 11 weeks ago

Something about the head of a redfish - looks like an alien life form.

from Paul Zabel wrote 4 years 11 weeks ago

Timmy, all you could find is my hung over glasses on inside at breakfast photo?

from MLH wrote 4 years 11 weeks ago

Also, some potential future caption contest photos in there.

from TheRiverYeti wrote 4 years 11 weeks ago

Simply masterful shots. Thank you for sharing.

from alabamaoutlaw wrote 4 years 11 weeks ago

Bon Ton Roulet

from kyka1865 wrote 4 years 11 weeks ago

from conway wrote 4 years 11 weeks ago

TR...
Bravo my brotha' you rocked the house again.
cxb

from timromano wrote 4 years 11 weeks ago

Conway - couldn't agree more. Thanks for the compliments on the photos.

from Keller wrote 4 years 11 weeks ago