Bourjaily: 5 Reasons to Love Eliza Dushku

The Gun Nuts

February 25, 2009

Bourjaily: 5 Reasons to Love Eliza Dushku

By Phil Bourjaily

Eliza Dushku was on "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" and now stars in "Dollhouse" as some kind of brainwashed government assassin or something. I have no idea if the show is any good, but Ms. Dushku is okay. Here are five reasons for a Gun Nut to love her:

1. She has almost the same first name as Official Gun Nut Babe Elisha Cuthbert.

2. She has the physical qualities that appeal to the superficial male.

3. She not only hunts, she talked about hunting on Jimmy Kimmel Live and shot her bow on camera:

4. She killed a deer on Christmas day.

5. PETA hates her. Their January newsletter read: “Dushku attempted to defend herself by saying that it's OK for her to hunt because she eats those she kills. Eliza, please meet  [serial killer and cannibal] Jeffrey Dahmer. He ate those he killed, too."

Therefore, if for any reason Elisha Cuthbert is unable to complete her reign as Official Gun Nut Babe (say, she’s spotted ordering tofurkey in a restaurant), I would nominate Eliza Dushku to take her place. The floor is open for discussion.

from KJ wrote 5 years 7 weeks ago

There may be even more reasons to love her, but right now I can think of only two.

from VT Outdoorsman wrote 5 years 7 weeks ago

Not the best shot with a bow, but its nice to see a New England liberal with a bow in the first place!

from jamesti wrote 5 years 7 weeks ago

where can i get one of those?

from eackerlund wrote 5 years 7 weeks ago

I agree, VT Outdoorsman...not a great shot...surprised to hear she actually shot a deer...maybe her bf should help her dial that bow in, huh?

But yeah, it is nice to see a New England lib with a bow regardless of how well she shoots it.

By the way, and this is directed to Dave Petzal why is Elisha Cuthbert the reigning Official Gun Nut Babe?

from davidpetzal wrote 5 years 7 weeks ago

To eackerlund: I'm damned if I know. We started off with Ms. Beau Garrett, and then somehow Elisha got on there and seemed to tickle people's fancy. But it's never really been official. I think we need a contest, yes?

from WA Mtnhunter wrote 5 years 7 weeks ago

KJ

Or Three

Phil

I glad to see that dirty ol' Petzal has rubbed of on you!

from eackerlund wrote 5 years 7 weeks ago

hahaha...yeah...a contest would be pretty cool.

but we'd have to come up with some criteria for them to measure up against, like:

do they shoot recreationally?
do they shoot competitively?
do they hunt?
how much of a recoil junkie are they?
how many guns do they own?

And, though I am loathe to broach the keg of politics, this must also be a measure of their "Gun Nut Babe" worthiness: do they vote for politicians who have records of protecting the 2A?

from huntfish37 wrote 5 years 7 weeks ago

A contest is a great idea.

from Steven9253 wrote 5 years 7 weeks ago

i vote yes on a gun nut contest babe but also think that there should be 2 catagories, Famous and then the every day gun nut babe

from rrmont wrote 5 years 7 weeks ago

I was glad that she didn't shy away from what she believes in.

from silsbyj wrote 5 years 7 weeks ago

User submitted photos of Gun Nut Babes should be the only entries allowed. They MUST hunt or shoot on a regular basis and they can be voted on by us.

from VT Outdoorsman wrote 5 years 7 weeks ago

I second the contest.

from Jim in Mo wrote 5 years 7 weeks ago

I don't need a contest I like this babe.

from philbourjaily wrote 5 years 7 weeks ago

Correction: It is Elisha Dushku and Eliza Cuthbert, not the other way around.
As for contests, that's up to Dave, who is in charge of the Official Gun Nut Babe Program.

from Del in KS wrote 5 years 7 weeks ago

I'm with Jim in Mo on this one. She will do just fine.

from eackerlund wrote 5 years 7 weeks ago

Um, Phil, you actually had it right to begin with...

I love Wikipedia almost as much as I love guns.

from alabamahunter wrote 5 years 7 weeks ago

I also vote for a contest.

Who gives a damn if she can't shoot a bow? She's an actor that PETA can't stand. That's enough reason to like her on its own. Hopefully she’ll maintain her stance and not begin kowtowing to the far leftist that compare her to the likes of one of the sickest men this world has ever seen.

from chadlove wrote 5 years 7 weeks ago

She has the physical qualities that turn a deep, thoughtful, sensitive male into a superficial one...

from davidpetzal wrote 5 years 7 weeks ago

Phil: It's Elisha Cuthbert. You are thinking of Eliza Doolittle.

from streack wrote 5 years 7 weeks ago

F&S should host a Total Outdoors Woman contest to settle any disputes.

from rmoore1014 wrote 5 years 7 weeks ago

Go here now! She does it all. You will fall in love!

from ishawooa wrote 5 years 7 weeks ago

Last night I mentioned that you guys were welcome to hunt elk with me and the kid if you can draw a tag. Well forget it because I'm sending the same offer to Eliza Dushku and if she accepts you guys are out of the picture. Just kiddin.
Actually there is a lady doctor in Cody who hunts. She has killed several bull elk, a really good Bighorn sheep, and countless deer. Last summer she climbed Mt. Kilamanjaro (sp?). About 25 years ago she was Miss Fort Worth and today she still looks just as good. Besides that she is a real sweetheart, about as perfect as you can get.

from ishawooa wrote 5 years 7 weeks ago

I meant to add that this lady doc can ride better than most men, saddles her own horse, and does the cooking in camp. She shoots a Remington M-700 Mountain Rifle in .280 Rem. with a Leupold Vari-III 2.5x-8x and generally makes one shot kills. Now tell me she is not at or near the top of any hunting man's list.

from dickgun wrote 5 years 7 weeks ago

I can verify one thing upon observation of the above. Elizia(s) remind me of one thing. "This is my rifle and this is my gun."
Dave, Dave, Dave,
To capitulate in an Obama moment to a "vote" on babes? Wha happened to curmugeon - irrasible - damit this is my show,
no one votes here?
Worried......

from Del in KS wrote 5 years 7 weeks ago

Ish,

That Doctor sounds like a keeper.

from bomberpride wrote 5 years 7 weeks ago

I think im in love

from steve182 wrote 5 years 7 weeks ago

Sorry hon, i'm married

from Shaky wrote 5 years 7 weeks ago

Ish quote:"25 years ago she was miss Fort Worth, and today she still looks just as good". I'd like to remind you that YOU ARE 25 YEARS OLDER. Of course she still looks just as good. How do I know? I have the same problem.

from HillbillyDeluxe wrote 5 years 7 weeks ago

Hell yes! she can be my babe any day. Right next to Sarah Palin, only hotter.

from ishawooa wrote 5 years 7 weeks ago

Del unfortunately she is my best friend's wife and he does intend to keep her. They are both physicians and so are two of her brothers, her dad, and her sister is an attorney. Quite a group.

from ishawooa wrote 5 years 7 weeks ago

Shaky she is 25 years older than 21, a young chick when you're past sixty like me.

from firedog11 wrote 5 years 7 weeks ago

Why limit ourselves to one we can have as many babes as we want. Select one per month and then a grand winner. You can even do one for the ladies who are on here if there is enough demand.

from KJ wrote 5 years 7 weeks ago

Cindy Garrison used to be on ESPN - I haven't seen her for awhile. She started off as a fishing guide, but her ESPN show was mostly hunting. She'd be another one to consider for Gun Nut Babe.

from gjstcruz wrote 5 years 7 weeks ago

All that AND she rides a Ducati? I'll get in line!

from Walt Smith wrote 5 years 7 weeks ago

Don't forget Miranda Lambert

from jamesti wrote 5 years 7 weeks ago

cindy garrison was awesome! where did she go? definately the contest but make sure you vet them better than obama did his cabinet before we even vote. i do not want to vote for some hottie only to find out that her boyfriend is a bunny hugger with the hsus.

from semp wrote 5 years 7 weeks ago

This whole thread is one wet dream! Corn fart anyone?

-2 Good Comment? | | Report
from semp wrote 5 years 7 weeks ago

Eliza ... have a Moose Burger with Cheese already!

from JohnR wrote 5 years 7 weeks ago

Too bad the audience tried to put her on the defensive simply because she hunts. I say good for her.

from wingshooter54 wrote 5 years 7 weeks ago

fairly simple; if PETA (who once sent me death threats for trapping feral cats) hates her, then I LOVE HER!!

A Gun Nut Babe contest would be stimulating, creative, intellectually challenging, and just plain damn fun.

from Scott Kittinger wrote 5 years 7 weeks ago

Great comment wingshooter54! Clean, wholesome American fun. I think that's what matters here. Let me put forth the prospect that Mrs. Palin be allowed the #1 Gun Nut Babe spot. She's totally hot and an elected official. Ms. Dushku should be #2 as she has demonstrated some proficiency with only a bow. Sarah is at least proficient with our current service rifle. Eh?

from beardedfarmer wrote 5 years 7 weeks ago

I have been looking fo a lady like my mother. She sounds like she is the one. My dad's wedding present to my mother was a .32 Remington. I still have it. It is a sweet shooting gun. But I digress. My mother hunted even after she had a mastectomy, until she was 72. There were 6 of us kids. We all got licenses as soon as we could. We ate all the venison we could kill. It sure kept the grocery bill down and tasted great. All of the ladies I have met that like to hunt are happily married.

from Beekeeper wrote 5 years 7 weeks ago

Any one on PETA's most wanted list is OK by me...

from waterdrinker9 wrote 5 years 7 weeks ago

Who doesn't love a hot hunting chick besides PETA. There needs to be a hunting show with Tiffany Lakosky, Miranda Lambert, and Eliza Dushku. Who wouldn't want to watch that. ;-)

from waterdrinker9 wrote 5 years 7 weeks ago

Also add Sarah Palin to the show.

from waterdrinker9 wrote 5 years 7 weeks ago

Also add Sarah Palin to the show.

from Tim Platt wrote 5 years 7 weeks ago

Yeah, what about Miranda Lambert? I'm with Walt on this one. She hunts, sings, and is a beautiful specimen of the fairer sex. Said her first deer was an eight pointer with a .243 but her true love is the bow. I think I nominated Elisha to be the Official Gun Nut Babe but no reason why we shouldn't have several. I'm not impressed with Eliza though. Probably (hopefully) that wasn't her bow but she's still not blond and Elisha fills out her swimsuit a whole lot better. Corn farts? Semp you really know how to ruin the mood...

from Tim Platt wrote 5 years 7 weeks ago

I forgot about Tiffany, thanks waterdrinker...

from duff wrote 5 years 7 weeks ago

OK Phil (and Dave the accomplice) you've just about outdone yourselves here. I remember one booth babes video clip (it was on a TV program I can't remember the name of) where they couldn't answer some basic questions about gauge/caliber etc., so here we go with A-beauty, B-intelligence about weapons(s), C-hunts, D- PETA hates her.
My wife just got some competition! Hell yes on a contest.
Thanks.

from mazzman wrote 5 years 7 weeks ago

Another reason to like Eliza Dushku: Caught an episode of her new series "Dollhouse"; When asked by on eof the characters if she knew how to use a pistol (with a silencer on it no less), her answer was: "I have four brothers, non of them Democrats!" Gotta love it.

from duff wrote 5 years 7 weeks ago

Mazz...nice dog!

from Armchair Mike wrote 5 years 7 weeks ago

I'm sure those boots don't do anything for your form when shooting. They're doing plenty for me, but that's a whole separate issue.

from Ranger 1000 wrote 5 years 7 weeks ago

Let the contest begin Gentlemen! I know we can do better than the main stream medis girls.

from bluegraytx wrote 5 years 7 weeks ago

I say it's time we shared our two favorite sports with the world ... let's go for a GNB calendar !!!

from jamesti wrote 5 years 7 weeks ago

we should only include everyday women not celebs and they have to have at least one kill to their record.

from Del in KS wrote 5 years 7 weeks ago

Ish,

That sounds like my Dau-in-law's family. All Dr's, Lawyers and Stock Brokers only they don't hunt. I'm working on changing that.

Dave,

Check your Email I forwarded pics of some Aussie Shielas for your review. Don't know if they hunt but teaching them sure would be fun.

from buckslayer7893 wrote 5 years 7 weeks ago

Its nice to see celebritys out in the woods for a change

from dwaynez wrote 5 years 7 weeks ago

She is gorgeous for sure, you have to love a woman that hunts and takes part in the outdoors, she is a good spokesperson for the sport, everyone will listen for sure when she speaks.

from idahooutdoors wrote 5 years 7 weeks ago

Maybe its time Field and Stream had a Swimsuit edition. "The Women of the Outdoors" Nothing like a hottie in some low cut real tree or mossy oak. Might get a few women to realize most guys like a meat eating, gun shooting chick more than some Vegan, Peta button wearing ditz. Just an Idea......

from Mike Diehl wrote 5 years 6 weeks ago

Anyone who draws PETA's ire for hunting or animal research is a virtuous person in my book.

from srlarson wrote 5 years 6 weeks ago

If there is going to be a competition, let's through Miranda Lambert, Country Music singer in the race, I know she's from Texas...so not quite fair....but she likes to hunt and that attitude......

from kjflorian wrote 5 years 6 weeks ago

I have always liked her, she is very sexy, but now I like her even more. It's a shame more celebs can't stand up for their beliefs about hunting; instead of worrying about PETA or somebody attacking them just because they enjoy something they don't believe in. Just like when Rosie was pressuring Tom Selleck that time, big deal if people like to hunt. That's the problem, everybody is always trying to push there beliefs on people instead of just letting them pursue the things they enjoy doing. My hat goes off to any celeb that steps up to the plate and announces they hunt/fish. Like him or hate him, we need more people with Ted Nugent's popularity to come out and support us. Good for her, I will take her hunting any day.

from MPN wrote 5 years 6 weeks ago

kjflorian,
"I have always liked her, she is very sexy, but now I like her even more."

Hmm... Your first reason is good enough for me.

from hnestle wrote 5 years 6 weeks ago

I agree with you MPN. No contest needed Eliza will do.

from j-johnson17 wrote 5 years 6 weeks ago

If she's not every outdoorsman's dream, she should be...

from adaboshi wrote 5 years 5 weeks ago

Nice to see a few Celebs on our side.

from buckhunter wrote 5 years 5 weeks ago

How can this blog being going on for over a week and me not know about it?

She can hunt on my land any day.

from DrKarupt wrote 5 years 5 weeks ago

That PETA doesn't like her is no big surprise. The PETA peolple would like to think they can get along without using animals...well, Gasoline comes from animals (dinosaurs), plastic comes from oil. Pretty much anything you have can be traced back to animal or plant origin, new or ancient. What this means is that since man removed the natural predators that keep animal populations healthy, then the onus is on man to keep the herds of animals healthy. I would like to see what PETAS plan is to manage wildlife.

from Nycflyangler wrote 4 years 46 weeks ago

If we can legally shoot people, say, nut case PETA activists, so long as we then eat them. I say get the grill warmed up for the PETA fajitas.

from hawg daddy wrote 4 years 40 weeks ago

im with KJ there is more than five reasons to like her!

from davidpetzal wrote 5 years 7 weeks ago

from VT Outdoorsman wrote 5 years 7 weeks ago

from Steven9253 wrote 5 years 7 weeks ago

from KJ wrote 5 years 7 weeks ago

from eackerlund wrote 5 years 7 weeks ago

hahaha...yeah...a contest would be pretty cool.

do they shoot recreationally?
do they shoot competitively?
do they hunt?
how much of a recoil junkie are they?
how many guns do they own?

from Jim in Mo wrote 5 years 7 weeks ago

I don't need a contest I like this babe.

from Del in KS wrote 5 years 7 weeks ago

I'm with Jim in Mo on this one. She will do just fine.

from chadlove wrote 5 years 7 weeks ago

from streack wrote 5 years 7 weeks ago

F&S should host a Total Outdoors Woman contest to settle any disputes.

from Walt Smith wrote 5 years 7 weeks ago

Don't forget Miranda Lambert

from waterdrinker9 wrote 5 years 7 weeks ago

from idahooutdoors wrote 5 years 7 weeks ago

from Mike Diehl wrote 5 years 6 weeks ago

from hawg daddy wrote 4 years 40 weeks ago

im with KJ there is more than five reasons to like her!

from jamesti wrote 5 years 7 weeks ago

where can i get one of those?

from eackerlund wrote 5 years 7 weeks ago

from WA Mtnhunter wrote 5 years 7 weeks ago

KJ

Or Three

Phil

I glad to see that dirty ol' Petzal has rubbed of on you!

from huntfish37 wrote 5 years 7 weeks ago

A contest is a great idea.

from rrmont wrote 5 years 7 weeks ago

I was glad that she didn't shy away from what she believes in.

from silsbyj wrote 5 years 7 weeks ago

from VT Outdoorsman wrote 5 years 7 weeks ago

I second the contest.

from philbourjaily wrote 5 years 7 weeks ago

Correction: It is Elisha Dushku and Eliza Cuthbert, not the other way around.

from eackerlund wrote 5 years 7 weeks ago

Um, Phil, you actually had it right to begin with...

I love Wikipedia almost as much as I love guns.

from alabamahunter wrote 5 years 7 weeks ago

I also vote for a contest.

from davidpetzal wrote 5 years 7 weeks ago

Phil: It's Elisha Cuthbert. You are thinking of Eliza Doolittle.

from rmoore1014 wrote 5 years 7 weeks ago

Go here now! She does it all. You will fall in love!

from ishawooa wrote 5 years 7 weeks ago

from ishawooa wrote 5 years 7 weeks ago

from dickgun wrote 5 years 7 weeks ago

Dave, Dave, Dave,
no one votes here?
Worried......

from Del in KS wrote 5 years 7 weeks ago

Ish,

That Doctor sounds like a keeper.

from bomberpride wrote 5 years 7 weeks ago

I think im in love

from steve182 wrote 5 years 7 weeks ago

Sorry hon, i'm married

from Shaky wrote 5 years 7 weeks ago

from HillbillyDeluxe wrote 5 years 7 weeks ago

Hell yes! she can be my babe any day. Right next to Sarah Palin, only hotter.

from ishawooa wrote 5 years 7 weeks ago

from ishawooa wrote 5 years 7 weeks ago

from firedog11 wrote 5 years 7 weeks ago

from KJ wrote 5 years 7 weeks ago

from gjstcruz wrote 5 years 7 weeks ago

All that AND she rides a Ducati? I'll get in line!

from jamesti wrote 5 years 7 weeks ago

from semp wrote 5 years 7 weeks ago

Eliza ... have a Moose Burger with Cheese already!

from JohnR wrote 5 years 7 weeks ago

from wingshooter54 wrote 5 years 7 weeks ago

from Scott Kittinger wrote 5 years 7 weeks ago

from beardedfarmer wrote 5 years 7 weeks ago

from Beekeeper wrote 5 years 7 weeks ago

Any one on PETA's most wanted list is OK by me...

from waterdrinker9 wrote 5 years 7 weeks ago

Also add Sarah Palin to the show.

from waterdrinker9 wrote 5 years 7 weeks ago

Also add Sarah Palin to the show.

from Tim Platt wrote 5 years 7 weeks ago

from Tim Platt wrote 5 years 7 weeks ago

I forgot about Tiffany, thanks waterdrinker...

from duff wrote 5 years 7 weeks ago

My wife just got some competition! Hell yes on a contest.
Thanks.

Its nice to see celebritys out in the woods for a change

from dwaynez wrote 5 years 7 weeks ago

from srlarson wrote 5 years 6 weeks ago

from kjflorian wrote 5 years 6 weeks ago

from MPN wrote 5 years 6 weeks ago

kjflorian,
"I have always liked her, she is very sexy, but now I like her even more."

Hmm... Your first reason is good enough for me.

from hnestle wrote 5 years 6 weeks ago

I agree with you MPN. No contest needed Eliza will do.

from j-johnson17 wrote 5 years 6 weeks ago

If she's not every outdoorsman's dream, she should be...

from adaboshi wrote 5 years 5 weeks ago

Nice to see a few Celebs on our side.

from buckhunter wrote 5 years 5 weeks ago

How can this blog being going on for over a week and me not know about it?

She can hunt on my land any day.

from DrKarupt wrote 5 years 5 weeks ago

from Nycflyangler wrote 4 years 46 weeks ago

from semp wrote 5 years 7 weeks ago

This whole thread is one wet dream! Corn fart anyone?

-2 Good Comment? | | Report