Georgia Man In Boxers Kills Buck With A Stick

Whitetail 365

December 31, 2009

Georgia Man In Boxers Kills Buck With A Stick

By Dave Hurteau

From UPI.com
Joel Borden . . . said the deer stumbled into his yard with a gunshot wound in its neck Saturday morning. . . .

"I killed it with a stick," Borden said. "My friends are making a big deal of it because I didn't have anything on but boxers and a pair of sandals."

He said he struck the animal repeatedly in the head, breaking off one of its antlers, before it lost consciousness and he used the stick to cut its throat.

More Whitetail News Links:
Chicago Sun-Times Buck of The Week

Iowa Deer Harvest Down From 2008
Hundreds of Dead Animals—Including Deer—Found in Philly Home
Missouri Sets Record Muzzleloader Harvest
Rare Hermaphrodite Deer Taken in Ohio

from sgaredneck wrote 4 years 15 weeks ago

See, I find fault with this story.... any self-respecting ahem, redneck sitting around in his boxers while watching UFC and eating KFC would have some sort of shootin' iron within reach. Or a least an old golf club or something. See, in S GA this story wouldn't have even made the papers.

I can't wait for PETA to get a hold of this.

from tbogg10 wrote 4 years 15 weeks ago

well you would think he would have had at least a kitchen knife rather than beating it to death.

from AP wrote 4 years 15 weeks ago

All I can say is...WTF?

from scottprice wrote 4 years 15 weeks ago

why would he do that? this makes no sense

from Judd McCullum wrote 4 years 15 weeks ago

I've read the posts about UK boys stomping fawns and such. This isn't right. Just because an animal is shot or hit by a car doesn't mean you should be able free your inner sadist. Assess the situation, weigh your options, execute (no pun intended). I have a hard time believing that this guy's gut reaction was to run out there like a hell bent warrior and beat this buck to death. I really take issue with the fact that he was jabbing a deer in the throat to kill it. I'm with AP...WTF?

from Judd McCullum wrote 4 years 15 weeks ago

Sorry about the intro to that last one. One train of though derailed and I picked up another. Should have proof read.

from walmsley wrote 4 years 15 weeks ago

that would be Illiegal in Illinois- Evidently not in GA.-

from Brittle wrote 4 years 15 weeks ago

crzy rambo guy going insane so he beats it to death

from tony167n wrote 4 years 15 weeks ago

If i had to dispatch a severely wounded animal, id probably get something more humane than a stick...

from codyboyd wrote 4 years 15 weeks ago

Where are all those people from peta? If there is any left on here they should be commenting. I want to see what the littly phycos have to think of it!

Now you all know what he does for fun!

from rabbitpolice88 wrote 4 years 15 weeks ago

Obviously not a country boy, I have some sort of weapon on me at all times. My guns are always within reach and loaded, I agree with sgaredneck, an outdoorsman can always get his hands on something better than a stick. I do not condone this man's actions at all. I do not have a problem with killing but if you are going to kill do it right.

from LAKEM0NSTER85 wrote 4 years 15 weeks ago

They forgot about the part where joel Borden ran back into his cave for his beating stick! What a jack@$s!! If I were his friend, I'd use that stick to beat some sense into his hollow skull.

from prairieghost wrote 4 years 15 weeks ago

as jeff foxworthy might say "you might be a redneck if you've ever deer hunted with a stick."

from TOMCOYOTE8 wrote 4 years 15 weeks ago

Years back I had to do the same thing. I was going to friends house with three buddies when we saw eyes on the side of the road.It was a deer that got hit bye a car screaming and crying out. With no weapon with us I grab a large branch and beat the deer so he would no longer suffer. Nothing wrong with stoping suffering!!!!

from cindypiep wrote 4 years 15 weeks ago

This is absolutely inhumane. This guy is obviously
looking for attention. I agree with all posts above
that he could have used any number of ways to put this
animal out of its misery that would have been quicker
and less painful to the animal. I think its admirable that he reads Field and Stream, and sees all of the
trophy deer that have be harvested properly, but
his article is strictly looking for attention! What a
hero!! I hope his bringing this attention to himself
opens the door for a citation for cruelty to animals as
well as INDECENT exposure!

from Bella wrote 4 years 15 weeks ago

This is why intelligent tool using people carry knives. This guy claims to have euthanized a gunshot animal, but beating something to death with a stick sounds like maximizing suffering rather than alleviating it.
Hitting a critter in the head with a heavy stick works for rabbit sized critters, but is unlikely to function adequately for something the size of a deer. They used to use a sledgehammer for beeves and pigs, but you'd have to swing hard and not miss!
Flailing away at a dying deer in your undies is not something to be proud of, even if the Youtube Video would be astounding. My gods when did people stop carrying knives?

from jamesti wrote 4 years 15 weeks ago

this guy is a true idiot! maybe he should get the same treatment just for having his lard a** out in his boxers. does he really think he is a hero for making that deer suffer more? if he does, he is truly an idiot! and where the hell is the DOW on this whole thing?!

from steve182 wrote 4 years 15 weeks ago

I'm surprised the buck didn't easily dispatch this guy.

from Jere Smith wrote 4 years 15 weeks ago

Cindy I agree with you on the despicable, way this man killed the deer, but to be charged with indecent exposure, it generally applies to actual NUDITY, not underwear unless it's transparent. Sad but true.

from Jere Smith wrote 4 years 15 weeks ago

I will say that I have never been outside in either condition.

from BrigMarine wrote 4 years 15 weeks ago

dont think this is real

from country road wrote 4 years 15 weeks ago

I have to applaud Bella re "When did people stop carrying knives?" When I change pants, the first thing that gets transferred is my pocket knife, then keys, wallet, etc. I've carried a pocket knife for over 55 years now, and it really makes me feel uncomfortable when I have to put in in my checked lugge when I fly. With even a one inch blade, it would have been easy to finish off the wounded deer. All that being said, I'd also like to point out that I don't lie around in my underwear, so having the knife wouldn't be a problem. That guy was obviously the result of activity in the extremely shallow end of the gene pool.

from Jere Smith wrote 4 years 15 weeks ago

Bella,I still carry( 1 Benchmade Flicker, 1 Victorinow Champ, and when in KCMO or St Louis A huge BUCK knife in the truck, along with a 1911A1.

from Bella wrote 4 years 15 weeks ago

Good knives Moishe. On my person at this instant is a CKRT M-16-10kz (because I misplaced my Estwing) and a Leatherman Wave. Because I can't get my nails long enough or sharp enough to open feed sacks and cut hay binding twine.
As far as hanging about in ones underwear, I am certain for a fact that most readers would rather see me hanging out in my undies than persons of other gender persuations, But bike shorts and sports bra is as far as I'd be willing to go. It gets hard to find places to hide the knives...

from cindypiep wrote 4 years 15 weeks ago

moishe, I know, call it wishful thinking

from tailhunter82 wrote 4 years 15 weeks ago

Why would he beat it in the head with a stick instead of cutting its throat right away wouldn't that cause less pain? He also has to have a knife somewhere I mean a butter knife would have been better than a stick.

from Tohopka wrote 4 years 15 weeks ago

Rednecks... you got to love 'em......

from cindypiep wrote 4 years 15 weeks ago

You know our kids learn from us as adults, what we do,
what we say, and how we conduct ourselves. Recent articles prove this to be true. Hope there were no
children observing this behavior...

from rabbitpolice88 wrote 4 years 15 weeks ago

Careful Tohopka, I am a redneck, work hard, play hard. What we are dealing with here is an idiot, there is a big difference.

from rdavidson26 wrote 4 years 15 weeks ago

Who dreamed up this tale? Cut his throat with a stick? I live and hunt in Georgia but I have never seen anyone cut a deer's throat with a stick.

from Jere Smith wrote 4 years 15 weeks ago

Cindy that depends on WHO it might be :)

Bella, yup you can't hide very many weapons in those!

from Bella wrote 4 years 15 weeks ago

Fortunately Moishe, My training in Aikido has drilled into me the technique to relieve an aggressor of his pointy object (just like in Krav Maga). I haven't lead a sheltered life, I been cut in one altercation and I have pulled a blade myself once (when it was 2 to me and I was cornered)- It worked too- the bad guys backed off long enough for me to call in reinforcements. Nobody got sliced, stuck, skewered or otherwise that time. I have also had the disturbing experience of responding (back when I lived in the city) when some dude (whose name I still cannot recall) got cut up real bad by some other dude and came and knocked on our door for help before collapsing in the street.. I called 911 and I was glad when the EMTs showed up because we didn't have enough bandages in our 1st aid kit to deal with the 6 deep stab wounds this poor guy had received. Took hours to scrub the blood off the stoop. One of the reasons we moved back to the country! Peace! Shalom!

from cor1078 wrote 4 years 15 weeks ago

What a dumbass redneck f***, I'm country as hell but this is ridiculus.

from jeffo52284 wrote 4 years 15 weeks ago

interesting that this guys blood alcohol level wasnt mentioned. bet it was pretty high

from pigkillersrus wrote 4 years 15 weeks ago

damn! this guy should join special forces!

from buckslayer911 wrote 4 years 15 weeks ago

wtf is he stupid a good sportsman would have something more humane to use than a stick. a stick....really...i mean come on wtf

from bobcat.trapper.95 wrote 4 years 15 weeks ago

doesnt sound like a real hunter..more like a killer or a retard...surely he has a knife...instead of beating it like an idiot he could have put it out of its missery

from NortheastOutdoo... wrote 4 years 15 weeks ago

Up here, this would be an illegal killing...even if carried out with a gun (though in a rural area I can not imagine a Warden would cite someone who euthanized a mortally wounded animal). The procedure is to call a warden, sheriff, or police officer and ask advice. But there is another side: deer die every day from a variety of causes. This one was moving, obviously, on a saturday morning. was the season on? was a legal hunter in pursuit? would it have been better to let coyotes or other predators take advantage? Too many unanswered questions. My opinion? I'm glad he has a stick...since he sounds like a man who should never be allowed to own a firearm...

from NortheastOutdoo... wrote 4 years 15 weeks ago

from ethanbancroft@y... wrote 4 years 14 weeks ago

we, only, hope some one forwards this to the SPCA in his
neighborhood, under the law that is "extreme and unusual cruelty". the jerk should be beaten,too

from 12GAGirl wrote 4 years 14 weeks ago

Ok I have heard of a lot of stupid things in my lifetime and I think I have found my new number one pick! I live in good ol GA and I am here to tell you guys that this guy has got some serious issues! The real GA men that I know would have had a gun nearby and would have put the poor thing out of its misery and cutting its throat would have been the last resort. This guy is just a sicko and must have small man sydrome if he thinks beating a wounded animal to death makes him a man. I don't think this prick is a true Georgian if he didn't have a gun in his home. He must not be a hunter at all or he would have wanted to kill this poor animal humanely not making it suffer even more before finally passing.

from sgaredneck wrote 4 years 15 weeks ago

I can't wait for PETA to get a hold of this.

from AP wrote 4 years 15 weeks ago

that he could have used any number of ways to put this
animal out of its misery that would have been quicker
trophy deer that have be harvested properly, but
his article is strictly looking for attention! What a
hero!! I hope his bringing this attention to himself
opens the door for a citation for cruelty to animals as
well as INDECENT exposure!

from Judd McCullum wrote 4 years 15 weeks ago

from Brittle wrote 4 years 15 weeks ago

crzy rambo guy going insane so he beats it to death

from codyboyd wrote 4 years 15 weeks ago

Now you all know what he does for fun!

from LAKEM0NSTER85 wrote 4 years 15 weeks ago

from jamesti wrote 4 years 15 weeks ago

from steve182 wrote 4 years 15 weeks ago

I'm surprised the buck didn't easily dispatch this guy.

from BrigMarine wrote 4 years 15 weeks ago

dont think this is real

from country road wrote 4 years 15 weeks ago

from Jere Smith wrote 4 years 15 weeks ago

from Bella wrote 4 years 15 weeks ago

from cindypiep wrote 4 years 15 weeks ago

moishe, I know, call it wishful thinking

from tailhunter82 wrote 4 years 15 weeks ago

from Tohopka wrote 4 years 15 weeks ago

Rednecks... you got to love 'em......

from cindypiep wrote 4 years 15 weeks ago

You know our kids learn from us as adults, what we do,
children observing this behavior...

from rabbitpolice88 wrote 4 years 15 weeks ago

from rdavidson26 wrote 4 years 15 weeks ago

from Jere Smith wrote 4 years 15 weeks ago

Cindy that depends on WHO it might be :)

Bella, yup you can't hide very many weapons in those!

from cor1078 wrote 4 years 15 weeks ago

What a dumbass redneck f***, I'm country as hell but this is ridiculus.

from jeffo52284 wrote 4 years 15 weeks ago

from 12GAGirl wrote 4 years 14 weeks ago

from TOMCOYOTE8 wrote 4 years 15 weeks ago

from Jere Smith wrote 4 years 15 weeks ago

from Jere Smith wrote 4 years 15 weeks ago

I will say that I have never been outside in either condition.

from Bella wrote 4 years 15 weeks ago

from pigkillersrus wrote 4 years 15 weeks ago

damn! this guy should join special forces!

from bobcat.trapper.95 wrote 4 years 15 weeks ago