PETA Wants to Banish the University of Georgia Bulldog

Man's Best Friend

December 02, 2009

PETA Wants to Banish the University of Georgia Bulldog

By David DiBenedetto

Here’s the latest from the blowhards at PETA.

After the University of Georgia’s mascot, Uga VII, died earlier this month, PETA sent a letter to the school requesting they not use a live dog as their mascot but rather a robotic dog or a costumed human. The letter claimed the English bulldogs were being inbred to “create a brand for the university,” and that “inbreeding” leads to congenital health defects.

I did not attend the University of Georgia, but I do have a dog in this fight. I grew up in Savannah, Georgia, making me a Dawgs fan by birth. And Savannah is the home of the Seiler family, who have been the owners of every Uga since 1956.

I know that every Uga lived better than most middle-income kids—and then some. In fact, Uga VII had a vet on call 24/7 during his tenure. And at football games he slept in an air-conditioned doghouse that also housed a few bags of ice. He was trotted onto the field after touchdowns.

And as the Savannah Morning News reported, “As one of the nation’s most famous mascots, Uga has a lineage that’s as closely monitored as members of the British House of Lords.”

I’m no fan of true inbreeding but I had no idea that PETA’s official stance was against the breeding of ALL dogs. Honestly, where does it stop?

from Ontario Honker ... wrote 4 years 19 weeks ago

Those guys have their own image of what nature should be. Not what it has been over the millenia. Misinformation is generally their livelihood so I really don't give them a thought. And in some ways, I think that is too bad. As a well-seasoned hunter (yes, a bit spicey too) I am not pleased with the direction that hunting is going in America and I think that some intelligent opposition would be helpful, if not crucial. But these clowns are way beyond being healthy defication disturbers. They have no credibility.

from Ruckweiler wrote 4 years 19 weeks ago

This sort of PETA nonsense is the purpose behind their lives? Talk about shallow and deluded. What next? Exterminators like Orkin and Terminix are murderers? Well to do white folks with waaay too much time on their hands.

from RJ Arena wrote 4 years 19 weeks ago

These folks don't have an agenda, they are against everything. In their perfect world, there would be no people.

from cTXn wrote 4 years 19 weeks ago

That picture alone makes Uga's life look pretty miserable... These people are ridiculous.

from 60256 wrote 4 years 19 weeks ago

Leave it to PETA to try to take away a storied tradition of a historic college. They did not take into effect how many people love the dog and how the dog can be a symbol of Georgia's football program. Taking away the dog would also take away the fans and alot of revenue. But PETA doesn't care about that. All that matters is that a dog is being taken care of, and they won't stand for that....wait....what? Oh yeah they just can't stand watching somebody else having a animal in their possession unless they are a PETA member.

Nate

from 60256 wrote 4 years 19 weeks ago

O, and ss3, ss2, and ss. You people are really starting to piss me off. If you want to bring your stupid, PETA-loving, aXXhole crap on this website, then expect to be grilled by more intelligent, brain-using people. I have less than 0% respect for you.

Nate

from buckhunter wrote 4 years 19 weeks ago

My daughter attends UGA and was saddened by the news of the loss of Uga. Many students whom attend UGA own dogs and there is a community within a commmunity of dog owners on campus. I promised there is no group of kids that could love dogs more than the UGA students I know.

RIP Uga.

from jcarlin wrote 4 years 19 weeks ago

The dog just might be humanity's greatest accomplishment. Let's keep at that program. Yes, PETA is essentially against using animals for any purpose. In the case of dogs the strategy is even less sensible. Any use that isn't what a wolf would have naturally done is deemed cruel and oppresive. Hunting and killing (viciously I might add) which would be in it's wolf true nature is also labelled as an unacceptable practice. It was our good friend SS3 who responded to an earlier post on water dogs that it was an awful activity to do with your dog. Dogs are carnivores from a highly successful lineage. We've bred them to utilize that and develope additional desirable traits. The beauty is that when you marry the right breed to the desired activity the dog is doing EXACTLY what it loves to do and having a grand old time as well. Add to that the fact that they're pack animals that love our companionship and dogs in general have good lives.
I think what is truly misunderstood by this group is that any creature on this earth that doesn't have a percieved use is viewed as competition. This is natural because all creatures compete for resources. We, as part of nature evolved to be better at that competition than most. Utilizing the animals may be the only practical form of coexistence. The old adage that if you want to protect a species sell a license to hunt it is still true today. Without their other uses large herbivores in particular would only be in direct competition with us for food and would be exterminated for it.
Back to canines. Dog breeders are not a bad crowd by any stretch. Those oppsosed to, well, people interacting with animals, have managed to make managing them like livestock in large numbers branded as cruel, but also push to have small scale breeders labeled as irresponsible amateurs letting thier dogs run rampant. That leaves nothing but back alley conception as a viable breeding strategy and they want mandatory sterilization to stop that. I don't think that's how we got to the wonderful variety of form and function that we see today.
I truly believe that the powers that be in PETA either truly don't think of the ramifications of their actions (sorry for stating the obvious) or some in the organization truly hates dogs. The natural conclusion of implementing thier strategies is the end of the dog as anything other than a museum piece or the domain of the extremely wealthy and the world would be diminished for it.

from jcarlin wrote 4 years 19 weeks ago

Sorry for preaching to the choir.

from jcarlin wrote 4 years 19 weeks ago

Sorry for preaching to the choir.

from idduckhntr wrote 4 years 19 weeks ago

What we cant own dogs now? When are these people gonna stop. Hey ss3 tie a pork chop around your neck and go play with a grizzly.

from MichFish86 wrote 4 years 19 weeks ago

I appreciate Field and Stream being outspoken on these ridiculous PETA issues. Every week it's something new with these lunatics and F&S helps to show hows nuts they really are. If they want to stop animal abuse, they should focus on the puppy mills and dog fighters that really harm animals. Not an air conditioned bulldog.

from MLH wrote 4 years 19 weeks ago

If there is such a thing as reincarnation then when I die I want to come back as Uga ... it's a dog's life ... and what a life it is!

David, PETA wants total animal liberation ... no hunting, no pets, no "slave" use of horses or hunting dogs, no animal husbandry whatsoever ... and bees get to keep the fruits of their labors so we get no more honey. I suggest they each go out and preach directly to lions and tigers and bears and ... oh, my ... don't forget the wolves and praying mantises.

By the way, what would happen to domestic dogs and cats and potbellied pigs if left on their own?

from Walt Smith wrote 4 years 19 weeks ago

I enjoy it when Field and Stream showcases the antics of the peta trolls to light. It gives me a couple of well needed extra laughs at the expense of a group of people who deserve to be laughed at.

from rabbitpolice88 wrote 4 years 19 weeks ago

Go Dawgs and keep the Uga line going.

from seadog wrote 4 years 19 weeks ago

Uga lives like a king and hangs out with great looking cheerleaders. That's abuse? Creo que PETA es muy loco! Crazy is crazy in any language.

from Jeff Bowers wrote 4 years 19 weeks ago

Uga had a fine life. Met him (one of him?) once.

Okay. I am anti-PETA. I will say that right off. Is there bad out there? Yes. Are they doing anything constructive? No.

I am also anti-AKC. I've seen animals die simply because the "purebreds" have to have certain traits.

Take Pugs (love them). They have breathing disorders, and you need to keep them on a harness, because pulling on a collar can cause their eyeballs to pop out. Pugs have been bred to be so front-heavy, they can't even naturally mate anymore. Yep, pugs now are artificially bred.

One of our rescue cats (a Persian) died too young of a breathing disorder. Persians are bred for squashed-in noses, and the shorter, the pricier.

Golden retrievers, known for "soft mouth" and loving disposition, are lately being reported biting people and tearing up game. The inbreeding comes from popularity.

PETA is dumb in their methods. I've told them so. But the AKC concept is wrong also.

from rabbitpolice88 wrote 4 years 19 weeks ago

Jeff4066 is 100% right. My family runs a dog boarding and training facility and the AKC blood line dogs are horrible. They tend to have aggressive personalities very little intellingence and a host of bone joint and muscle disorders from too much in breeding. If you want a quality dog you need to buy one from a European blood line or from over seas. Our family has a German blood line German Shepherd and a Czeck blood line Malamar. What the AKC has done to dogs is in my opinion very abusive.

from 86Ram wrote 4 years 19 weeks ago

PETA People Evolving To Amoebas

Thosgen thieves are such hypocrites. I read a story not to long ago about them euthanizing animals dropped off in their care at their roanoke VA facility.
So I take everything they say as BS and their cause is moot by their own actions / vises.

from 86Ram wrote 4 years 19 weeks ago

sorry fat fingured should say oxygen thieves

from coho310 wrote 4 years 19 weeks ago

I thought PETA was crazy before, but now this! Som other stupid PETA scandals include;

*Attempting to ban the famous fish throughing a Pike's Place market.

*Attempting to rebrand fish as "Sea Kittens".

*And you all know about the paint splattered on fur coats.

These are crazy people we're dealing with.

from crfromsc wrote 4 years 19 weeks ago

Thats right Go...Go away! Far away!

from Bordetella wrote 4 years 19 weeks ago

I have known some peta members in the past.Truly it was like someone through there parents together in a backroom of a bar and out comes someone like SillySally3 who has been questioning his lineage and breeding his whole life.It's sad ,his parents were just sick animals after all, it was only natural they had been stareing at oneanother since birth.This leaves the peta member wanting to stomp out inbreeding,you know they just want to feel whole again.
Isn't that right sillysally3.

from green pond mike wrote 4 years 19 weeks ago

Because of PETA,the radical evironmentalist,the sodomites,the abortionists, and obama this country is in bad shape and getting worse. They represent all that is wrong with this country and people allowed it to happen. These people probably have waaay too much time on their hands and don't know the meaning of "hard work". They don't know how to enjoy life like we do yet they want to tell us how to live. Folks, it is time to stand up and say that enough is enough!

from green pond mike wrote 4 years 19 weeks ago

Bordetella, you recon that "he" might just be a "she"? I have been thinking this for the past week or two. Could it be that we are dealing with an angry aggressive female with way too much time on her hands? Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to sink to their level--I have really been thinking that they could be a female. If I'm wrong, I apologise.

from fliphuntr14 wrote 4 years 19 weeks ago

well i have to say its great to have an actual human specimen of the ignorance and stupidity otherwise known as a member of the cult i mean group known as PETA... Why do they ad there opinions publicly i have yet to find a non-PETA member who has ever taken nonsense comments like this serious nor have i ever found a large professional organization such as the UGA take them seriously... As for ss3 get a life we don't come to this site to for controversy and i don't go to your PETA web sites and make stupid comments..

from Justin D wrote 4 years 19 weeks ago

Next Gorgia will have Plant a Tree! Then every Student will have to huge it before Class!

from Walt Smith wrote 4 years 19 weeks ago

Whats does ss3 stand for? Stupid Sucker to the 3rd power??

from Bella wrote 4 years 19 weeks ago

Don't equate environmentalists with PETA. Hunters are environmentalists. PETA has no clue about how lifesystems function in an environment or they wouldn't say some of the things they say. Long live UGA VIII (or is it IX or XVII?)
While it is true that overly inbred dogs do have congenital health issues (hip dysplasia etc.) that is no reason for a tradition of a beloved mascot to end.

from Bella wrote 4 years 19 weeks ago

Greenpond mike, I know you want to nail everything you hate in one box, but Obama, Sodomites, abortionists and environmentalists have Nothing to do with each other or with PETA aside from the fact that you don't like 'em. You are plainly irrational. Get therapy.

-1 Good Comment? | | Report
from Jere Smith wrote 4 years 19 weeks ago

Yup, its looks like UGA was really "suffering" in that picture EH? P.E.T.A People eating tasty animals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

from WA Mtnhunter wrote 4 years 19 weeks ago

How do people become so delusional that they (PETA freaks) could actually believe the things that they espouse? Politics being politics, but these folks are waaaay over the top. I have pity for them. They are clearly in need of mental health treatment at a qualified institution.

from Bordetella wrote 4 years 19 weeks ago

Now you have to admit PETA when it started did some good work.They made sure that the Black Angus beef that I LOVE is treated tenderly and dispatched to the next pasture...mmmmmmm that taste good...thanks peta your work is done now.
Hey sillysally3[she ,he,shehe,heshe,morphadite..whatever]
The next time you break into a mink farm to FREE them.Remember that the coyotes and the redtails had a field day and those mink didn't make it to winter.

from brunsonshane wrote 4 years 19 weeks ago

i wonder how good peta would feel if we suddenly stopped hunting then theyd have to watch the animal populations skyrocket and see all the pretty bunneis and cute little bambis of the world starve in thier front yard. ya it realy makes me wondor what theyd do to keep them from starving

from brunsonshane wrote 4 years 19 weeks ago

when peta broke into a mink farm in pa they trampled over hundreds of little minks. i wonder how they felt when they took off thier shoes and saw mink mush on them

from Bill Mason wrote 4 years 19 weeks ago

Too bad the university can not respond with
Dear PETA
Go to Hell!!
UgaVIII

Roll Tide!!

from Seronac wrote 4 years 19 weeks ago

PETA is an organization filled with immoral idiots who don't understand they way the world really works.

And, Bella, hunter are NOT "environmentalists", hunters are "conservationists." There's a big difference and you would do well to understand that difference before you are deceived into giving up all of your freedoms.

from Bordetella wrote 4 years 19 weeks ago

Sorry sillysally3,
1.I have a wife [most important]
2.I don't swing that way[whatever way you is]
3.I'm not into group sex
4.you can just dream on!

from jeffisutherland wrote 4 years 19 weeks ago

I think PETA, specifically Ingrid Newkirk, need to take a step back and see how the rest of the world perceives them. For one thing, trying to rename fish to "sea kittens" has to be one of the dumbest ideas I have ever heard. There are more worthwhile causes out there to fight for than trying to stop the University of Georgia from treating a dog like royalty.

from 86Ram wrote 4 years 19 weeks ago

SS3 is butt hurt everyone take a time out so he/she can compose itself and stop wimpering in the corner.
Remember this is the kinder gentler politically correct society.

Silly Sissy 3 is more like it.

Anyways PETA, HSUS ALF, ELF etc all those organizations have no clue as to what they're doing, spewing or even as to what their true goal is.
Mainly the harrass us to get attention that they obviously don't get from their one room appartments and their cats.
They are very self serving and in it for some type of recognition as an antagonist.
If they really cared for the animals, and others they would do their part and actually reach out to those in need... kind of like what Hunters for the Hungry does for those in need.. They would volunteer to help out in animal shelters to provide comfort or homes to the pets inside

You would think that with all of the statistics and truth stacked against them they would realize

from 86Ram wrote 4 years 19 weeks ago

One more reason to watch PETA and your pets: Story on Mossyoak.com 2007

PETA Chooses Wrong Hound to Dognap September 24, 2007

A Virginia judge has ruled that an animal activist will be prosecuted on charges of felony theft after she was found in possession of a hunting hound that not only didn’t belong to her, but also happened to be owned by a local sheriff’s deputy.

Full story on :

from idduckhntr wrote 4 years 19 weeks ago

Het ss3 I would rather stalk a deer on their terms and get some tatsy protein than go to the store and buy a carrot, if you dont like pork than you can allways free dive with great whithes with a fresh tuna steak tied around your waist.

from huskerguy wrote 4 years 19 weeks ago

LOL are you kidding me. Don't they have something better to do. I don't know bout you but that dog looked like it had it pretty good to me. AC in the summer, good lookin cheerleaders surrounding it, and football. sign me up

from Colorado Samurai wrote 4 years 19 weeks ago

As a hunter, you might (correctly) guess I hold a dim view of PETA. Asa UGA graduate, I am really not impressed with them. As an animal lover myself, I would naturally like to see PETA members replaced by robots. At least then we could turn them off when we thought they were getting roudy.

from yakergreg wrote 4 years 19 weeks ago

These peta kooks really need to get a life.

from dighunter wrote 4 years 19 weeks ago

86Ram, These types of people don't care about truth. They only care about what their closed little minds have been told by others with closed little minds. That is why when you try debating with these people, they will repeat the same points over and over but in a progressively louder voice. They can't intelligently refute(sp) an argument with facts so they yell the same slogan over and over. Truth means nothing to these radical groups.

from Big O wrote 4 years 19 weeks ago

R.I.P Uga, ALL DOGS GO TO HEAVEN !(looked pretty close in the pic's though).(lol)

from BeardogRed wrote 4 years 19 weeks ago

So, are they getting another Bulldog or not?
I loved the exterminator comment earlier.
We need to hunt and have dogs as it is our inalienable right!

from BeardogRed wrote 4 years 19 weeks ago

Merry Xmas David, and to all your family, and hunting companions. You are a good man! Keep up the good work.

from northernmndeerhunter wrote 4 years 19 weeks ago

86ram is right on the money. PETA is nothing more than the most hypocritcal organization in the world. They calim to be in the best interest of all animals and that all animals need to be free at will and that no animals should be killed. But let's remember that the organization kills the pets that they adopt and can not find homes for. Also, I think I've seen their president in "leather" shoes stepping out of a vehicle with "leather" interior. This implies that all animals should not be killed......unless they need to be killed. I rest my case.

from Robert Ewing wrote 4 years 19 weeks ago

I know English Bull Dogs didn't sign a treaty of any kind ,but that doesn't make their use as a mascot unethical.Unless PETA wants to put on a costume and portray Hairy in the parking lot of away games,they should go back to the litter box and review there own ethics[see 86Ram 's link]
As far bloodlines are conserned,the breeders ethics are what should be questioned.Jeff4066 and rabbitpolice88 you should know AKC and UKC sets the standards that define the breed.I know of no standard that promotes agression in any breed.The ethical breeder knows that to train a dog to overcome its agression means you should not breed it with a dog of the same temperament.The ethical breeder will have a vet involved ,to identify and prevent a congenital deffects [hip dysplasia,heart disease,etc.] from being passed on.
After WWII the brittany bloodline was taken to France [where it originated],because the brittany spanial was desimated duing the war.AKC recognizes them and their introduction here.From what was suggested in a link from story in this blog the British Kennel Club revised their standards of the english bull dog just last year.So I don't know what would be brought back there.
My nephew has a english bull dog "Capone".He will eat anything[wallets,purses,belts,shoes and the furniture]He could relocate and go to work on the oppossition's equipment.

from Jeff Bowers wrote 4 years 19 weeks ago

Sure, there are ethical breeders. There are kind, humane, and loving people who may only breed once a year, and raise them indoors.

I've got a puppy mill rescue, so that flag doesn't really fly any more.

We pretty much have all the different breeds of dogs we need. But while there's money to be made, there's anew one every month now, it seems. Watch a dog show, I'm seeing dogs I never heard of.

What I mean is that we have a bad economy, and people are dumping dogs everywhere. People not getting dogs fixed. The dogs in the shelters now are about 30% purebred, that from your "ethical" breeders. Rockingham county here is begging for help. A small county with 2 shut-down plants. They are putting 80% of the animals to sleep because they can't find homes nearly as fast as they're getting them, and most NC rescue groups can't handle any more.

MinPin rescue, Chihuahua rescue, Shepherd rescue, Yorkie rescue, Greyhound rescue, the list goes on. Look at PetFinder.com.

Ethical? Right now we don't need ANY breeders. At all. Don't be as dumb as PETA, and don't make them right in their philosophy about dogs. As long as man lets dogs pile up to be euthanized, they shouldn't be breeding them.

from Robert Ewing wrote 4 years 19 weeks ago

jeff4066
Indoors or outdoors I don't condone breeding dogs once a year,I think thats careless for more reasons than what you have mentioned.I'm all for rescue and we encourage others to look there first and last,for most people that is the perfect fit if only they would look.Were still looking at rescue dog ,we missed out on a orange and white greyhound that would have been great running her against my brittanys.
Puppy mills are a just sick and the shelters are not doing any better of a job by promoting mixed breeds that puppy mills are supplying.Those pure breeds[also applies to other dogs] in the shelter come from owners who never made a comittment or never checked the shetlter when the dog went missing.There is also your peta member who will pick up a loose dog and take it a shelter far from the area.All our dogs get micro chipped for that reason.

from Robert Ewing wrote 4 years 19 weeks ago

Sorry premature posting,
remove the "a" and spellcheck "shelter"
The problem lies with the would be owners and some of those people are the ones we incourage and discourage to own a dog.I'm sorry to hear your story,it sounds like you have been bit by the peta bug and you feel caught in the middle.

from 86Ram wrote 4 years 19 weeks ago

All I know is that the Activist groups will stoop to new lowes to accomplish their goalsCriminal Neutering

May 08, 2006

A Salt Lake City, Utah-area woman has been charged with “dog-napping” a neighbor’s AKC-registered male Labrador retriever, paying a veterinarian to neuter it, then anonymously dropping the dog off at a county animal shelter.
Full Story:

I'm trying to find the article on the Roanoke facility euthanizing pets left in their care. It was in a newsletter from the NWTF in 2007 or early 2008.

The news reports I've linked about these oxygen theives as you can happened long before the economy took a dump.

I agree puppy mills are horrible and cruel places!
Not all AKC/CKC/ Registered breeders are any better than the puppy mills either.

from Clay Cooper wrote 4 years 19 weeks ago

Jealous I say!

Who wouldn't want to be that Pup, getting all that loving!

from Bordetella wrote 4 years 18 weeks ago

SillySally3
your kind like a rabid dog,running around loose.
Are you from some puppy mill in the back of a bar?

from coho310 wrote 4 years 18 weeks ago

ss3,
if you really think your bad comebacks and hateful comments hurt us, you're wrong.In a few weeks, your account will be erased(again) and we'll move on.

from green pond mike wrote 4 years 18 weeks ago

Bella, I think you were reading my comments from a different perspective and not quite deep enough---don't get me wrong, I do respect your opinion. All that I was commenting on was what was wrong with the country and the current subject of peta was included in my comment along with a few others. Alright I'll try to explain myself better and be as short as I can since U think that I need therapy. PETA-they put animals before people. Radical evironmentalist tree huggers-the country is setting on top of the largest oil reserve in history(try googling it),but this particular group won't let us drill. Sodomites-the cities of sodom ond gomorrah were destroyed because of these type of people,why not a whole country. GOD places a great value on children and I would think that any country that allows abortion is in danger. The last one I mentioned was obama. Is he bad for the country---I'm not even going to answer that. This is still a nice country to live in except that they sometimes put people in power that need to be in the crazy house. Bella said that I was irrational and needed therapy---hey yall, I just might be qualified to run for a position in government you think? GOD bless you Bella--just thought I'd pick with you a little,never meant to offend you in the first place.

from earlyriser81 wrote 4 years 18 weeks ago

I wish I had all the free time PETA has to come up with stupid ideas. The only difference is I would use that time to hunt and fish and make fun of PETA while I was doing it. What a bunch of idiots!

from canislupus wrote 4 years 18 weeks ago

Not knowing a lot about bulldogs, Uga, or Peta, I went to Peta’s website and read up on this particular protest, which is rooted in the fact that bulldogs, essentially inbred, are host to a long list of genetic defects. The main ones are the inability to breed naturally (the majority of bulldogs are artificially inseminated and require C sections), constant skin and eye infections, weak respiratory systems and heart trouble. It was a heart ailment that killed Uga as well as his predecessor.

I then Googled bulldog breeders and the first breeder I researched had a link on their website devoted specifically to precautions to newcomer breeders. That list was essentially the same rundown of genetic defects or problems Peta was highlighting, except even longer.

Reading up on Uga on wikipedia, the mascot is air conditioned and sits on bags of ice at games because the breed is susceptible to heart stroke.

There is breeding and there is inbreeding. This sounds like the latter. To sustain a line of animals at the expense of a decent, relatively normal quality of life, to me is wrong, regardless of royal treatment, traditions, or the cute factor. My best friend deserves better.

from Ruckweiler wrote 4 years 18 weeks ago

Why don't we just cull the herd of the PETA types? That would definitely improve the human breed, don't you think. Maybe these PETA clowns are inbreeding themselves.

from Bordetella wrote 4 years 18 weeks ago

Where would I find a "Robot Gun Dog"?

from Jere Smith wrote 4 years 18 weeks ago

Points: -480

Keep it going!

from MarylandHunter wrote 4 years 18 weeks ago

This is what I got to say to Peta:

1.First wasn't Uga about 13 years old (a really old dog)
2.Shouldn't all dogs be running across endzones to exercise, stay helthy, and not get obese which kills dogs
3.Most dogs have to suffer in extreme heat and not in AC
4.PETA is a bunch of nutcases and so is ss3

Keep the live mascots, they are awesome

from ss3 wrote 4 years 18 weeks ago

yes coho310 and i WILL come back so....

-7 Good Comment? | | Report
from idduckhntr wrote 4 years 18 weeks ago

ss3 you make about as munch sense as keeping around a year old fruit cake go play in the street.

from 86Ram wrote 4 years 18 weeks ago

Silly Sissy3 choke on some tofu..you guys /girls are such hypocrites as if you couldn't tell by the previous news articles. Y'all are a bunch of immasculated men holdin your purses ( i mean european hand bag) or a bunch unshaven women that have nothin better to do than whine piss and moan to get self gratification and noticed by anyone who hears your rhettoric and says what a bunch of idiots.

You only want to be antagonistic and try to feel good about yourself in your lonely cat infested one room appartment... alone.

Socially inadequate pond scum

from Big O wrote 4 years 18 weeks ago

STUPID S&%$ 3 - NOT FOR LONG !

from idduckhntr wrote 4 years 18 weeks ago

ss3 if thats the best you can reply with you are fightin for a lost cause, now I have to clean some nice fat ducks for dinner tomarow

from jtboles wrote 4 years 18 weeks ago

Thats sad that they lost the dog. and PETA just needs to keep their noses out of outher peoples buisness, and shut up.

from jonathon.hennessy wrote 4 years 18 weeks ago

I am not a fan of PETA, i personally believe that they are the dumbest group ever created.

from Robert Ewing wrote 4 years 18 weeks ago

How does PETA feel about beating dead horses?

from idduckhntr wrote 4 years 18 weeks ago

Actually my wife and I live in a house, and I have run into idiots like you you keep saying the same thing over and over. You dont have a brain in you head so put the bong down and choke on a salad.

from RJ Arena wrote 4 years 18 weeks ago

Don't waste your time on this ss clone. We are talking about a kid who can't spell, thinks 40 is "way old" and likes to stir the pot. Soon he will be banned again.

from 60256 wrote 4 years 18 weeks ago

idduckhnter,

HEAR HEAR!!!!

Nate

from Jere Smith wrote 4 years 18 weeks ago

Points: -460

Good work people!

from babsfish4life wrote 4 years 18 weeks ago

F&S, why is this foul mouthed 5-year old still here?

from idduckhntr wrote 4 years 18 weeks ago

ss3 dont you have some inbreeding to do?

from Winchester 92 wrote 4 years 18 weeks ago

idduckhunter:
i got your back on this one. ss3 you have no support just get lost and stick your head in a bear trap

from idduckhntr wrote 4 years 18 weeks ago

Its funny why peta cant give solid evedince why hunting is bad, but science and biology can prove its good for animals. Plus ss3 how does it feel to be part of a bunch of fools that the gov considers terriosts?

from 86Ram wrote 4 years 18 weeks ago

Silly Sissy3 why don't you try to pull that BS somewhere else this ain't the place for you or your other brainwashed pastey white confused a$$ to be making racist comments or comments about anyones families...

from Jere Smith wrote 4 years 18 weeks ago

Points: -690

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK.

from Jere Smith wrote 4 years 18 weeks ago

ss3 If you live near KCMO lets meet for a "Friendly Chat"

from 86Ram wrote 4 years 18 weeks ago

SS3 Hey there highspeed you live near VA ... tell you what I'd like to meet you myself.. Do you kiss your momma with that mouth of yours? hope you wash it out with soap first... btw that don't phase me...you're a turd , a brainwashed oxygen theif , minion with no original thoughts.... btw your tofu is waitin don't let it get cold not that it matters you still need your mom to wipe your a$$ and nose for you ...does she cut your food up too or are you still in the gerber stage 1... mmmm pure'ed veggies..so have you figured out how to potty on your own yet? Still sleep with your blankey and night light?

from 86Ram wrote 4 years 18 weeks ago

Silly Sissy 3 run along now your mommy is waitin to dry your tears ...

from 86Ram wrote 4 years 17 weeks ago

SS3 does oxygen theif, moron, idiot, stupid a$$, b*tch and stf up you turd mean anything to you? GFYS ... you're racist comments are not wanted here... so go back to whatever sesspool (sewer) you crawled out of and choke on some tofu... you're about as dumb as a box of rocks... sutpid a$$

from idduckhntr wrote 4 years 17 weeks ago

Well 86ram what else do I say but thank you.

from Big O wrote 4 years 17 weeks ago

HEY Stupid S^%$ - How's the weather in The Peoples Republic Of KaliFAKEia, or are you in The New Peoples Republic of Boulder(dash).
I got dibb's on um' if they come NEAR ARKANSAS !
Got some HUNGRY hogs that need feed here !

from Jere Smith wrote 4 years 17 weeks ago

Points: -780

Getting better every day , KEEP IT Going!

from Jere Smith wrote 4 years 17 weeks ago

ss3 Yous are a disgusting slimeball, yes I know about crematoriums which in your illiteracy you mispelled . Heh Heh As for Gas Chamber I lost quite a few Uncles and Cousins in them. Since you admire NAZI's so much I am sure you will join them as G.S. Patton would say "The Infernal Regions",

from Jere Smith wrote 4 years 17 weeks ago

Not bragging just comparing. Thank you ss3 :)

Points: -770

Moishe

Points: 406660

from Jere Smith wrote 4 years 17 weeks ago

AND everyone else for a different reason I appreciate it!

from 86Ram wrote 4 years 17 weeks ago

idduckhntr: You're welcome... No problem

Moishe: My sincerist condolences.

I enjoy our thoughts, debates and shared stories. I cannot stand the intollerant and insensitive rhettoric spewed by the antis and racists.

We are diverse in many ways and I'm glad we are. Because the world would be boring if we only liked dodge trucks, remington ammo, etc etc. I appreciate the opportunity to come on here and talk about hunting and fishing, guns etc I would even enjoy it if it were with a level headed and open minded anti (LMAO)... no such thing.
But the racist spews of an adolescent brainwashed imp and the unfounded spews of antis ...not my cup of tea.

from idduckhntr wrote 4 years 17 weeks ago

I would like to take his idotic racisit a@# out for a long in the desert with a shovel. sorry for spelling.

from 86Ram wrote 4 years 17 weeks ago

idduckhntr: I agree as do many others but as you know he's protected and comforted by his anonymity and his relative safety of doing this online and not face to face ahh yes the earmark of a coward and a loser. He's a waste of time and an egg. *slight chuckle*

He's obviously socially inept and an imp so his only recourse is to mouth off in a location he feels protected a place like here or any other web site.

from ss3 wrote 4 years 17 weeks ago

Well thats too bad about ur aunts and uncles.(not really)
Did they give u guys the ashes or did they pi## on them?

from ss3 wrote 4 years 17 weeks ago

Dear Hunters and Fishermen,
I am sorry.
For the past month or so I have just been messing with you all as a social expirement, and it turns out that my hypothesis was quite accurate. Most of you were all rowed up and excited over nothing really. I will admit, some of my comments were mean and offensive, but I was just trying to push the boundries a little bit. You see I am an avid sportsmen with my main intrests in bass fishing and skeet shooting, however I do tons of hunting as well including: deer, squirrel, and coon, along with frog gigging. I hope these sports that make up who we are are preserved and continue to grow, and that these associations like Peta ans others stop and leave us alone, for we are doing nothing wrong. Again, I am sorry and God Bless You All.

Sincerely,

-4 Good Comment? | | Report
from muskiemaster wrote 4 years 17 weeks ago

what's next people dressed in animal suits are demeaning to that animal's feelings

from babsfish4life wrote 4 years 17 weeks ago

"messing with you"? A social experiment? You deserve the crap beaten out of you. Why would you say such mean things for some experiment? You may be a sportsman but I am ashamed to have anything to do with you. If you think we were "excited over nothing" you have something coming to you. Pushing the boundaries a bit is quite a way to put it. I don't care if you are a sportsman, you are a prick. Only a sick individual would actually say those things, even if they didn't mean it. I think that most of these people would back me up on this, go away! Sportsman or not we don't want you. Even a general apology is not acceptable. You will always be a -800 in my book, you being a shooter means nothing.

from 86Ram wrote 4 years 17 weeks ago

Some how you POS that jost don't cut it... You made racial remarks and death camp remarks towards a man of Jewish faith. A former American Servicemember who lost family in Germany !
You made a comment about another members spouse and all you can say to justify it is some lame a$$ excuse...
GFYS and Don't even think about replying to anything I say to further justify your disturbing comments and How dare you say that you were conducting a social expirament and that we over reacted to nothing! You are lower than pond scum . Enjoy yourself I hope we never meet highspeed.

from coho310 wrote 4 years 17 weeks ago

86Ram,
You said it good, my friend, ss3 shouldn't be making comments that racist for some social experiment, whether he's a sportsman or not.
ss3, you're not sorry, now leave our websight so we don't have to kick you off it again

+1 for 86Ram.

from 86Ram wrote 4 years 17 weeks ago

coho310.. Thank you and well said yourself.. +1 to you as well.

Why is it people come in here with tha BS and to be so arrogantly antagonistic..It sickens me to know end.

from bassman3-15 wrote 4 years 17 weeks ago

Well guys I am truly sorry and I have tried to apologize, but you calling me a prick (babsfish4life) makes you no better than I was so please just lets get on with our lives.

Sincerest Apologizes

-4 Good Comment? | | Report
from babsfish4life wrote 4 years 17 weeks ago

You earned that title, that is the difference between you and me. Nobody deserves a racial degrading, wife being disrespected or being sworn at.

from idduckhntr wrote 4 years 17 weeks ago

ss3 what do I say other than I hope you burn in hell for the things you said and if I find out who you are and you come near my family than God help you get off this site you are not welcome.

from SOB wrote 4 years 17 weeks ago

SS3 or SS4 was right he tried to be nice and apologize now moishe you just need to calm down if you want to see your relatives go look in the fireplace SS3 was trying something and you all need to just burn in hell or in a oven like moishes family!!!! BRENNEN!!!!!! JEW!!!!!

-4 Good Comment? | | Report
from Robert Ewing wrote 4 years 17 weeks ago

Let us bury this horse and get on with some fishing and hunting.

from babsfish4life wrote 4 years 17 weeks ago

How many personalities does this guy have?

from green pond mike wrote 4 years 17 weeks ago

Alright field and stream.com, it is time to bring in the authorities and have this man arrested. Plenty of evidence including terroristic threats. Some friends on the C.B. radio got a fellow in trouble for less then this. Come on folks, it is time to get serious, there has got to be a way to find and prosecute this person. I read his post as bassman 3-15 and he was a respected poster. I wonder if he has a split personality or is he just mad because he didn't get chosen for that T.V. spot on the message boards when he volunteered over 5 weeks ago. This guy needs to be dealt with RIGHT NOW. He has already gotton away with too much.

from Alex Pernice th... wrote 4 years 17 weeks ago

The guy seriously needs to back off. End of story. There was no "Experiment" and even if there was, what does it prove? I'm sure he offended many of the other users along with me. All of the site Admins, Ban all accounts set to that E-mail. Simple as that, and ban the E-mail from signing up. The guy is a joke, and doesn't take anything seriously.

Thanks Admins and other RESPONSIBLE users!

AP

from bassman3-15 wrote 4 years 17 weeks ago

guys i'm sorry, i did not send this, somehow he got my account. i dont know how this ss guy did it?

from coho310 wrote 4 years 17 weeks ago

Alex,
You said it well, I'd give you a +2 if I could!

from bassman3-15 wrote 4 years 17 weeks ago

you guys gotta believe me. KICK THIS GUY OFF!

from ss4 wrote 4 years 17 weeks ago

i'm done u'll never hear from me again.

from coho310 wrote 4 years 17 weeks ago

Woo-hoo! ss4 is gone!

from green pond mike wrote 4 years 17 weeks ago

Alright bassman3-15, I might give the benefit of the doubt if you answer a few questions:1)I checked your posts, you were never at odds with this person, why would they hack your account instead of someone they had more reason to dislike, seeing that they want to do as much harm as possible to the ones that they are at odds with?2)Explain the ss behaviour on one of your past comments when you told someone else to shutup? That ss fellow tried to hack me one time when I reported him. The report system was different from the one I used before and after. That particular time I had to put my username and password in whereas the time before and after I didn't. After that, I received a strange personal email from a woman that I didn't know and all I could do was open it or delete--I deleted it. I would risk getting a virus if I opened it. So, did you try to ever report "ss"? It should be documented somewhere. Did you open a personal email? Has your computer been acting wierd lately. It is possible for someone to hack your system and hijack your account--some kids can even do it. But is that the case? We'll see--it'll probably all be figured out in the near future. For now the "american way"--innocent until proven guilty. F&S, whoever this ss person is, they need to be made an "example of" to discourage anyone else from doing this again. I'm sure that the ones that were offended would be glad to sign a warrant against him if this person is caught.--Just a suggestion.

from bassman3-15 wrote 4 years 17 weeks ago

green pond mike,

I don't know who this ss person is. But for starters, I am not them. I did not post the comment on saying that I'm sorry he must have. If I really was this person, how would I have known anything about fishing or my other comments if I was totally against the sport? I've done some background searching and this person and he's nuts. We just need to get him kicked off. But the comment about me saying shutup is that guy said something to me a while back and he just made me mad. I'm sorry. Now I am totally against this person, but getting the law? Isn't that a bit much? I personally believe in the first amendment. What he said was dreadful, but people are going to say things sometimes that are offensive, but people just need to ignore it. If they ignore it the person will probably stop. No one ignored him so thats why he didn't stop. However, I think we should take this opportunity and try to just convince him/her that we are just normal people, and we do nothing bad. Just a suggestion.

from green pond mike wrote 4 years 16 weeks ago

I hope it's not you. If your innocent, I apologise for helping put you between a rock and a hard place. I just want that guy caught. People have been sued for less then that. He also has made terroristic threats--people have been arrested for such as that. I also believe in the first admendment, but most forums or blogs are private property and the people have to abide by the rules of them, by which they are to read and agree to before joining. Some of the rules on various forums state that freedom of speech does not apply to the forums and that writing certain things are prohibited. I don't know how this blog is, but I myself might have already crossed the line with my political and religious writings. I personally believe that that fellow needs to be made an example of. If he is not sought out and caught, others will think that they can do the same thing. Also, that is the only sure way to clear the innocent. I really don't know what is going to happen. If F&S does an investigation and finds out for sure that it is not you, I hope they somehow clear your name even though they had nothing to do with suspiscion being thrown at it. I, myself am hesitant say that a person is alright until I've done some horse trading with them, but you really do seem to be a respected poster and have contributed to the blog. To be honest, I don't know what is going on and I don't have any proof either way--but I thing that the blog does. I would be in the wrong to call you a liar. The way you said that it happened is very possible. A experienced hacker can do this and a whole lot more. One time when reporting "ss" to the administrater, I mentioned that this person may have some hacking abilities because of a certain incident. This was before the suspiscion was thrown on you. Good luck with this and hope everything works out...~Mike

from bassman3-15 wrote 4 years 16 weeks ago

Thank you Mike.

from Mike Plotner wrote 4 years 4 weeks ago

man thats sad both for the univerity and evry body else who has to listen to peta ramvle on about stuff that dont concern them. i have a bulldog at home and he loves eatin and sleeping and sleeping you get the idea

from 60256 wrote 4 years 19 weeks ago

Nate

from idduckhntr wrote 4 years 19 weeks ago

from Walt Smith wrote 4 years 19 weeks ago

Whats does ss3 stand for? Stupid Sucker to the 3rd power??

from Bordetella wrote 4 years 19 weeks ago

Sorry sillysally3,
1.I have a wife [most important]
2.I don't swing that way[whatever way you is]
3.I'm not into group sex
4.you can just dream on!

from Robert Ewing wrote 4 years 18 weeks ago

How does PETA feel about beating dead horses?

from Ruckweiler wrote 4 years 19 weeks ago

Nate

from buckhunter wrote 4 years 19 weeks ago

RIP Uga.

from MichFish86 wrote 4 years 19 weeks ago

from seadog wrote 4 years 19 weeks ago

from Jeff Bowers wrote 4 years 19 weeks ago

Uga had a fine life. Met him (one of him?) once.

from coho310 wrote 4 years 19 weeks ago

*Attempting to ban the famous fish throughing a Pike's Place market.

*Attempting to rebrand fish as "Sea Kittens".

*And you all know about the paint splattered on fur coats.

These are crazy people we're dealing with.

from Bordetella wrote 4 years 19 weeks ago

Isn't that right sillysally3.

from WA Mtnhunter wrote 4 years 19 weeks ago

from 86Ram wrote 4 years 19 weeks ago

One more reason to watch PETA and your pets: Story on Mossyoak.com 2007

PETA Chooses Wrong Hound to Dognap September 24, 2007

Full story on :

from Big O wrote 4 years 19 weeks ago

from BeardogRed wrote 4 years 19 weeks ago

from northernmndeerhunter wrote 4 years 19 weeks ago

from Robert Ewing wrote 4 years 19 weeks ago

from Robert Ewing wrote 4 years 19 weeks ago

Sorry premature posting,
remove the "a" and spellcheck "shelter"

from Clay Cooper wrote 4 years 19 weeks ago

Jealous I say!

Who wouldn't want to be that Pup, getting all that loving!

from coho310 wrote 4 years 18 weeks ago

ss3,

from Bordetella wrote 4 years 18 weeks ago

Where would I find a "Robot Gun Dog"?

from MarylandHunter wrote 4 years 18 weeks ago

This is what I got to say to Peta:

1.First wasn't Uga about 13 years old (a really old dog)
3.Most dogs have to suffer in extreme heat and not in AC
4.PETA is a bunch of nutcases and so is ss3

Keep the live mascots, they are awesome

from babsfish4life wrote 4 years 17 weeks ago

from coho310 wrote 4 years 17 weeks ago

86Ram,

+1 for 86Ram.

from babsfish4life wrote 4 years 17 weeks ago

from jcarlin wrote 4 years 19 weeks ago

Sorry for preaching to the choir.

from MLH wrote 4 years 19 weeks ago

from Walt Smith wrote 4 years 19 weeks ago

from rabbitpolice88 wrote 4 years 19 weeks ago

from 86Ram wrote 4 years 19 weeks ago

sorry fat fingured should say oxygen thieves

from fliphuntr14 wrote 4 years 19 weeks ago

from Bordetella wrote 4 years 19 weeks ago

Hey sillysally3[she ,he,shehe,heshe,morphadite..whatever]

from 86Ram wrote 4 years 19 weeks ago

Remember this is the kinder gentler politically correct society.

Silly Sissy 3 is more like it.

from Colorado Samurai wrote 4 years 19 weeks ago

from yakergreg wrote 4 years 19 weeks ago

These peta kooks really need to get a life.

from dighunter wrote 4 years 19 weeks ago

from BeardogRed wrote 4 years 19 weeks ago

So, are they getting another Bulldog or not?
I loved the exterminator comment earlier.
We need to hunt and have dogs as it is our inalienable right!

from Robert Ewing wrote 4 years 19 weeks ago

jeff4066

from 86Ram wrote 4 years 19 weeks ago

May 08, 2006

Full Story:

I agree puppy mills are horrible and cruel places!

from green pond mike wrote 4 years 18 weeks ago

from canislupus wrote 4 years 18 weeks ago

from Jere Smith wrote 4 years 18 weeks ago

Points: -480

Keep it going!

from idduckhntr wrote 4 years 18 weeks ago

from Big O wrote 4 years 18 weeks ago

STUPID S&%$ 3 - NOT FOR LONG !

from jonathon.hennessy wrote 4 years 18 weeks ago

from idduckhntr wrote 4 years 18 weeks ago

from RJ Arena wrote 4 years 18 weeks ago

from Winchester 92 wrote 4 years 18 weeks ago

idduckhunter:

from Jere Smith wrote 4 years 18 weeks ago

Points: -690

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK.

from Jere Smith wrote 4 years 18 weeks ago

ss3 If you live near KCMO lets meet for a "Friendly Chat"

from 86Ram wrote 4 years 17 weeks ago

from idduckhntr wrote 4 years 17 weeks ago

Well 86ram what else do I say but thank you.

from Big O wrote 4 years 17 weeks ago

I got dibb's on um' if they come NEAR ARKANSAS !
Got some HUNGRY hogs that need feed here !

from Jere Smith wrote 4 years 17 weeks ago

Not bragging just comparing. Thank you ss3 :)

Points: -770

Moishe

Points: 406660

from muskiemaster wrote 4 years 17 weeks ago

from 86Ram wrote 4 years 17 weeks ago

from 86Ram wrote 4 years 17 weeks ago

coho310.. Thank you and well said yourself.. +1 to you as well.

from jcarlin wrote 4 years 19 weeks ago

Sorry for preaching to the choir.

from rabbitpolice88 wrote 4 years 19 weeks ago

Go Dawgs and keep the Uga line going.

from crfromsc wrote 4 years 19 weeks ago

Thats right Go...Go away! Far away!

from green pond mike wrote 4 years 19 weeks ago

from Justin D wrote 4 years 19 weeks ago

from Jere Smith wrote 4 years 19 weeks ago

from brunsonshane wrote 4 years 19 weeks ago

from brunsonshane wrote 4 years 19 weeks ago

from Jeff Bowers wrote 4 years 19 weeks ago

I've got a puppy mill rescue, so that flag doesn't really fly any more.

from Bordetella wrote 4 years 18 weeks ago

SillySally3
your kind like a rabid dog,running around loose.
Are you from some puppy mill in the back of a bar?

from earlyriser81 wrote 4 years 18 weeks ago

from Ruckweiler wrote 4 years 18 weeks ago

from 86Ram wrote 4 years 18 weeks ago

Socially inadequate pond scum

from idduckhntr wrote 4 years 18 weeks ago

from 60256 wrote 4 years 18 weeks ago

idduckhnter,

HEAR HEAR!!!!

Nate

from babsfish4life wrote 4 years 18 weeks ago

F&S, why is this foul mouthed 5-year old still here?

from idduckhntr wrote 4 years 18 weeks ago

ss3 dont you have some inbreeding to do?

from idduckhntr wrote 4 years 18 weeks ago

from 86Ram wrote 4 years 18 weeks ago

from 86Ram wrote 4 years 18 weeks ago

from 86Ram wrote 4 years 18 weeks ago

Silly Sissy 3 run along now your mommy is waitin to dry your tears ...

from Jere Smith wrote 4 years 17 weeks ago

Points: -780

Getting better every day , KEEP IT Going!

from Jere Smith wrote 4 years 17 weeks ago

from Jere Smith wrote 4 years 17 weeks ago

AND everyone else for a different reason I appreciate it!

from 86Ram wrote 4 years 17 weeks ago

idduckhntr: You're welcome... No problem

Moishe: My sincerist condolences.

from idduckhntr wrote 4 years 17 weeks ago

from babsfish4life wrote 4 years 17 weeks ago

How many personalities does this guy have?

from green pond mike wrote 4 years 17 weeks ago

from Alex Pernice th... wrote 4 years 17 weeks ago

Thanks Admins and other RESPONSIBLE users!

AP

from bassman3-15 wrote 4 years 17 weeks ago

from coho310 wrote 4 years 17 weeks ago

Alex,
You said it well, I'd give you a +2 if I could!

from ss4 wrote 4 years 17 weeks ago

i'm done u'll never hear from me again.

from green pond mike wrote 4 years 16 weeks ago

from bassman3-15 wrote 4 years 16 weeks ago

Thank you Mike.

from green pond mike wrote 4 years 19 weeks ago

from Jere Smith wrote 4 years 18 weeks ago

Points: -460

Good work people!

from 86Ram wrote 4 years 17 weeks ago

from idduckhntr wrote 4 years 17 weeks ago

from Robert Ewing wrote 4 years 17 weeks ago

Let us bury this horse and get on with some fishing and hunting.

from bassman3-15 wrote 4 years 17 weeks ago

you guys gotta believe me. KICK THIS GUY OFF!

from coho310 wrote 4 years 17 weeks ago

Woo-hoo! ss4 is gone!

from green pond mike wrote 4 years 17 weeks ago

from ss3 wrote 4 years 17 weeks ago

Well thats too bad about ur aunts and uncles.(not really)
Did they give u guys the ashes or did they pi## on them?

from bassman3-15 wrote 4 years 17 weeks ago

from bassman3-15 wrote 4 years 17 weeks ago

Sincerest Apologizes

-4 Good Comment? | | Report
from SOB wrote 4 years 17 weeks ago

-4 Good Comment? | | Report
from ss3 wrote 4 years 18 weeks ago

yes coho310 and i WILL come back so....

-7 Good Comment? | | Report