Chad Love: Florida Python Cast & Blast

Field Notes

January 22, 2010

Chad Love: Florida Python Cast & Blast

By Chad Love

Much has been written about south Florida's problems with non-native giant snakes, but according to this story officials are now faced with the frightening prospect of hybrid "super snakes" slithering amok.

Fears of a new "super snake" emerging in the Everglades grew this week during a hunt to track South Florida's invasive python population. A three-day, state-coordinated hunt that started Tuesday had, by Wednesday, turned up at least five African rock pythons -- including a 14-foot-long female -- in a targeted area in Miami-Dade County. Those findings add to concerns that the African rock python is a new breeding population in the Everglades and not just the result of a few overgrown pets being released into the wild, according to the South Florida Water Management District.

In addition, state environmental officials worry that the rock python could breed with the Burmese python, which already has an established foothold in the Everglades. That could lead to a new "super snake," said George Horne, the water district's deputy executive director. In Africa, the rock python eats creatures as large as goats and crocodiles. There have been cases of the snakes killing children. "They are bigger and meaner than the Burmese python. It's not good news," said Deborah Drum, deputy director of the district's restoration sciences department.

Personally, I think this is a great cast-n-blast opportunity for outdoorsmen from boring old native-fauna-only states like mine. I've always wanted to fish for peacock bass in the canals around Miami-Dade. What if you combined that with a trophy hybrid "super snake" hunting trip? Lots of guys travel to the southern states to hunt alligators. Why not giant snakes? It's becoming more and more apparent that exotic constrictors are established, and they're there to stay. And I have to admit, the prospect of hunting a creature pushing twenty feet long is intriguing. If the price was right, would you travel to hunt such a super snake?

from Sb Wacker wrote 4 years 12 weeks ago

Where there's a snake there's a steak. So yep if thur pryce is rhaight.
SBW

from Armchair Mike wrote 4 years 12 weeks ago

Where are Justin and Tony Lama on this issue?

from dmayer4741 wrote 4 years 12 weeks ago

Depends...do they taste like chicken?

from Clay Cooper wrote 4 years 12 weeks ago

LOCK N" LOAD BOYS!

from seadog wrote 4 years 12 weeks ago

Chad, you just gave me an idea. I can rent out my spare bedroom. How much do you think I can get for the "Seadog exotic game trifecta: python, peacock bass & iguana"??? For a few hundred extra, we can throw in a gator hunt. Sounds like fun. I wonder if I could still get my bills paid if I quit my day job.

from kolbster wrote 4 years 12 weeks ago

im with Clay, KILL EM ALL

from BrigMarine wrote 4 years 12 weeks ago

I would hunt it!!!!

from buckhunter wrote 4 years 12 weeks ago

I wonder if you can catch one on a fly rod?

from Judd McCullum wrote 4 years 12 weeks ago

I see a new extreme hunting destination. Forget knifing hogs or wrestling giant flatheads with your bare hands, that's old news. All the rage now is going to be diving in on and wrestling these giant constrictors a la Steve Irwin or Mark O'Shea. No help from your pals either. It's you against twenty feet of spun and coiled muscle. Do you have what it takes? Personally, I'll stick to hunting squirrels.

from MLH wrote 4 years 12 weeks ago

Why just the Everglades? Seems these tropical snakes would also find the Louisiana bayous hospitable. Maybe folk in the Louisiana have better sense than to let them loose. Though snake sounds like a delectable dish with Cajun spices and hot sauce.

31" girth! That's, um ... substantial.

from cdavis1887 wrote 4 years 12 weeks ago

that would be the hunt of a lifetime for me

from eaglesTE wrote 4 years 12 weeks ago

oh man... seems like a helluva idea to me... my only fear is that people would hv a reason to import more of em... which would be real bad for the ecosystem in the area... dont get me wrong though, i'm all for killin em, just makin it into a profit business could spell trouble

from Clay Cooper wrote 4 years 12 weeks ago

I would acquire some hormone attractant and go to town with my M1A!

from Clay Cooper wrote 4 years 12 weeks ago

dmayer4741

Don't know if they taste like chicken, but I'll bet we can shoot enough to have a block party with the locals!

from 86Ram wrote 4 years 12 weeks ago

Time for open season on snakes... They'd make alot of boots, belts and hat bands....

Florida Fish & Game if you're hiring contract shooters I'd be willing to help out.

As long as there are no restrictions on firearms and the skins are sold to offset cost and put back into game management and schools.

from squirrelhurrler... wrote 4 years 12 weeks ago

no i hate snakes

from Beekeeper wrote 4 years 12 weeks ago

I need a nice pair of snakeskin boots again!

from Jere Smith wrote 4 years 12 weeks ago

I would love to kill a bunch of them the hides should bring a good price. Don't care to eat them though.

from 86Ram wrote 4 years 12 weeks ago

If they don't control it in Florida it will spread to neighboring states and if you think yotes are an issue now add them to the mix.
Don't think I'd eat em either. Give that meat to the gator farms

from fitch270 wrote 4 years 12 weeks ago

With the size of that thing I could make a jacket and pants to go along with the boots and belt. Would make some seriously "wild" camo.

from Sarge01 wrote 4 years 12 weeks ago

There are too many animals getting turned loose in this country by people who want them for a pet and then get tired of them so they get too big for them to handle and they take them somewhere and release them. I would love to go and hunt big snakes . My tactical S&W .45 would make a good snake gun. Here in WV one time I arrested a guy for turning wolves (2 ) loose. He had bought them somewhere in Minn. I think and then got tired of having to feed them and put up with them . People don't think about these things when these animals are small, cute, and cudly. Back to the snakes- lets hunt them let me know when.

from shane wrote 4 years 12 weeks ago

The Taurus Judge has found its niche!

from hengst wrote 4 years 12 weeks ago

Shane....taurus Judge you got some cohones... I was thinking 45-110 or along those lines maybe 500 ne daggone snakes are huge.

I predict that people will realize how interesting this is for sportsman and will start to guide and charge to kill the snakes...Then people will put them on their private property to raise revenue....Then years later thecomplaints and whining will follow....sound familiar

from IowaGuy wrote 4 years 12 weeks ago

So what do you use for a 15ft snake? I'm thinking 12 or 20 gauge with full or turkey choke #2's?

from rudyglove27 wrote 4 years 12 weeks ago

"If the price was right, would you travel to hunt such a super snake?"
I definitely go without a doubt and I bet it's a good hunt of a lifetime!!!

from Joel Panian wrote 4 years 12 weeks ago

Large, aggressive serpents? Let's get em!

from huntenthusiest wrote 4 years 12 weeks ago

As an incentive, maybe the southern states DNR could offer a "by the foot" bounty. Or even a "Snakeathon Derby". Why not,there's competition for everything else.

from jersey pig wrote 4 years 12 weeks ago

i have two (2) questions:

do you think high brass birdshot is good enough or is buckshot (i'm thinking #4 buck) the way to go?

who do i make the check out to?

from Bella wrote 4 years 12 weeks ago

Can I use my Katana? Perhaps I'd open with a boar spear or a crossbow bolt, then in for a fast Kesa-giri cut (to decapitate). Guns is too easy, Let me use my sword.

from Bella wrote 4 years 12 weeks ago

0h and I Knew Florida needed Giant Snakes!

from yohan wrote 4 years 12 weeks ago

I just HATE F666ing snakes !!!!!!!!!!!

Wanna see someone walk on water ,. put me in a boat and toss in a "three steppa" ,.
IE:From the South East Asian conference ,.(circa 1969)
Three steps and your dead if one bites you .
Do not however expect to survive long (if I do) YUK YUK

People who turn stuff like that lose should be fined
10,000 minimum then made to kill and eat one a month until 65 or death which ever come first
no mater how dam big it is.
Finally forced to listen to World politics and econiomics according to Bush and Petzal via continious loop recording for three hours a day.
Have the notion many suicides would quickly ensue.
But many fewer snakes to deal with ,.
With or with out legs .

Stupid, as usual, yo yo.

from Clay Cooper wrote 4 years 12 weeks ago

I wounder how big of a mess my 338 Win Mag will make!

from Clay Cooper wrote 4 years 12 weeks ago

Hey Bella

Matching Snake skin purse, boots, belt, hat, hat band, jacket and pants from one snake!

Hey little ,man ,. thought that might squeeze you out of the sl!me

Merry Christmass
Think were getting closer ,. some of the boys been askin around about the midget poet
Big mistake there,. but as always with U pedictable
So ole 30-Oh maybe 4 1/2 " PP
Hows this for a sphincter slam
Dexter ?,. Marrietta ? RedbRanch ? ,.cant be too long now HUGH ?
.. YUK YUK

Clay
Never had to do it ,. but due to the fact there are big f ing snakes in S E asia ,.
Once "in counry " was told if one gets hold of you,..
trouble is what you got.
Aparently they can get a loop or two around you in no time.
So if you can't shoot it make sure to get your knife in your hand and pretend its "Charlies neck"
IE: stick (not slash) ,.. then push ( pry ) the cutting as far as you can then do it agian .

Guy I know in Forida said one ( reticulatd ? python ) ate his dog ,. couldnt varify ,. but no rreasson not to believe him.

He and I would support total extermination of those big SOB's in the US.
Along with one or two other worthless life forms like midget poets,.who poluute the gene pool and foul the air with verbal vomit. YUK YUK

from crm3006 wrote 4 years 12 weeks ago

Well, here is old yo yo, back out from under his rock, and being a shining example of colossal ignorance coupled with a propensity to use verbiage he doesn't have a clue to the meaning of. (Means you don't know what you are writing about, yo.) Seems as if you would get tired of being verbally rapped in the nuts, and just go away, but you can't resist the temptation to be slapped down by your mental superiors, can you, yo?
Oh, and about that worn out tale you keep boring everyone with, that someone almost got you or you and some others killed? (It varies, with the telling.) I think probably some guy, smarter than you, (which includes ninety five percent of the population), left you to fend for yourself in a barroom brawl in Leesville, or a house of ill-repute in Phenix City, which your loud mouth got you into, to start with. (Those who have actually been in the military, will recognize these places, yo. You probably will not, as the most of your military experience, if you actually have any, likely dealt with being a gravy ladler on the wrong side of a chow line, or some other REMF job. (I suspect your MOS was Permanent Latrine Orderly.)
Be that as it may, yo, when I was in the Army, I never left anyone in a bind, I never met anyone as piss ignorant as you, (and I met some stupid SOBs), and you would never made it off the chopper pad to go on a mission with me. Just so you know, the guy who let you down in the house of prostitution, or barroom brawl, was not me.
PS-Keep looking, but the last thing in the world you want to do is find me.

from Ruckweiler wrote 4 years 12 weeks ago

Let's look at pet store/internet sales of these snakes, discover the owners, see if they have the snake, and if not, put them near a Burmese python in the Everglades and advertise the result. You know, Hang One to encourage the Others?

Not the mutt I refer to

from crm3006 wrote 4 years 12 weeks ago

WOW yo, you really should lay off that Hoppe's #9 and airplane glue, son. Your fantasies just get further and further out in the ozone!
Scared? (I presume that is what you mean by: "Skert aint ya .??") Scared of an Internet troll with a pismire sized brain and an overlarge mouth? At least, yo, you are good for a chuckle now and again, but not much else.
Nice to see you have had the prudence to cultivate some friends along the line, to bail your cowardly butt out of barroom brawls, but I wonder why you refer to them with an ethnic slur? Again I ask, yo, if you are one half as much of a bada$$ as you claim, WHY DO YOU NEED GUNS AND GOOMBAS? I think, if you are ever unfortunate enough to find me, that I will have to ask for time out to cut a small mesquite switch, which is what naughty trolls are handled with.
Have a nice day, yo.

from crm3006 wrote 4 years 12 weeks ago

Couple of thoughts, yo. That might have been one of your Sasquatch relatives that was so irate at you in the bar in Chi. He knows you are a blight on his family tree.
Would a few verses of poetry calm you down some? I could compose, I suppose.

from dangerous game wrote 4 years 12 weeks ago

Tust me guys you don't need much for snakes. My sisters found a huge snake and because it made a rattling noise, thought it was a rattlesnake. I grabbed my 20 gauge with birdshot and ran outside. when we found it, it was curled loosely in a huge ball. BOOM!from 5 yards and its head scattered all around the massive yard. I shot it twice more just to "make sure". This would be a good reason to look into a .22 cal air rifle like i have.

from yohan wrote 4 years 12 weeks ago

Intersting little mam,. you dont have the juice I gave you credit for. ( little as that was) yuk yuk
Using pretty big words for "un edg a macated white Texas T^rash",.. Ignornant stupid anmd propensity ?
yaaaaa f n hooo yuk yuk

What happened short crotch ? Did Jo Momma not love you enough ? ,. Did Jo Daddy smacke you around so you turned gay AND stupid
Not to mention econimically and poitically so ignorant your # 9 size birdshot nuts woud explode into tinny pygme farts if you were ever able to fathom
something in the form of opinion based on imperical results .
Which I "guarontee" is Not found at the bottom of a can or bottle ,.. which is what all your Jibberish sounds like aanyway.
IE some weekend drunk who dosent know when to shut up.

So,.. your booring now,. and in general a waste of time
And since I no longer have an "urgency" ,..
to find you (after which Jo Momma wouldn't know you)
I will just rattle yuor little PP cage if i get boored YUK YUK
or if im in town to see ya ~~.

Me thinks your shortnesss thou dost protest too much.

My buddy the shrink is here ,. liite Sunday Aftyernon football and steaks
He don't think as a chillun you had the right male influence .or oh ,. opps thats me that thinks you have your genders mixed up.

Obvioulsy some hayseed like you spends little time in big cities ,.. where all nationalities are spoofed .
Except yours which I assume to be pygmee,.yuk yjk

Well little man assuming your not the one Im looking for
as i said your off ther hook ,..
Which makes me loose interest and at once takes you back to being not more than the uneducated boor that you are
But just for the hell of it im gonna find you anyway.
Figuire Im pretty close now.
Just in case I decide we should come face to face over beer and a liitle A$$ whuppin YUK YUK

from crm3006 wrote 4 years 12 weeks ago

OK, yo. I see you have your little pink tutu in a wad, so here's some poetry for you:
THE TROLL
By crm3006 (The Poet Lariat)

Part II

An illicit union on a dark, moonless night,
did produce on the Gun Nut blog, this blight.
A mating of sasquatch and troll did occur,
producing old yo yo, but we could defer,
the most of our judgments about this pup,
if all of his nonsense did not make us throw up.
Now yo yo's skull was so thick and dense,
that all of yo's blather made no sense.
Yet, undeterred, he kept up his posting,
misspelling all of his lies and his boasting.
A boxer yo did claim to be,
but someone had really rattled his tree.
A stockbroker, gunsmith, engineer,
ballistic expert, never fear,
a chemist, blade smith, Indian chief,
yo yo's professions went beyond belief.
A psychiatrist he claimed he had known,
but if truth were told, it was probably his own.
Yo's head was as hard as a wall made of brick,
nary an original thought there did stick.
'Cause yo's brain was shrunken inside of his skull,
his rhetoric stale, and passé, and dull.
Now yo yo had a thorn in his side,
a good Texas man that yo could not abide.
This Texas lad knew crap when he read it,
and none of yo's postings could he credit.
"What varmint is this that has come amongst us?
It surely must be a Trollus Nonutus*."
An internet troll of an odious type,
who's postings are stupid, and all full of hype.
"This troll must out of his mind, I'm thinking,
or Hoppe's #9 and glue must be drinking."
Yo's wit was dulled by his outlook on life,
yet the brain of this Texan was keen as a knife.
In vain did yo yo threaten and bluster,
the man from Texas, yo never did fluster.
For in truth, old yo was a mental midget,
in fact, his I.Q. was a single digit.

Troll-us-no-nut-us- a common variety of internet troll, sometimes hard to identify because of proclivity to disguise itself as left wing liberal nut. Can be finally identified by stupid statements, inane positions on issues, and lines of useless verbiage. Shows irresistible tendency to belittle others and overstate self, accomplishments, physical stature and IQ. Known to imbibe Hoppe’s #9 in the belief it sharpens mental acumen, but sometimes mixes Hoppe’s #9 with airplane glue, producing noxious breath and even more mental aberration. Usually brain pan capacity is reduced, and mental defectiveness is obvious, in spelling, syntax, fixation on outdated ideas, and insistence on laughing (yuk-yuk) at their own unfunny jokes.
**Trollus-from genus troll, nonutus-from common trait of having no gonads, or gonads the size of #9 birdshot.

from Del in KS wrote 4 years 12 weeks ago

Plus one for you 'ought-six. Where did you learn to right such good poetry? RU a screamin' eagle?

Del in KS-
173rd Abn Bde

from rabbitpolice88 wrote 4 years 12 weeks ago

Anything that big I am going to shoot from a long dadgummed way off. These things make a diamondback look like a grass snake. 31 inch waist that's an inch smaller than my waist! They have up to half inch teeth curved back so once they get ahold of you it's almost impossible to get loose. If the have a strike range of half their body length then we have a serious problem. I say shoot em and shoot em all.

from bthomasb1 wrote 4 years 12 weeks ago

I would probally have to buy a bigger trailer to put the mount in

from hnestle wrote 4 years 12 weeks ago

I would hunt them if the price was right.

from SD_Whitetail_Hntr wrote 4 years 12 weeks ago

crm3006- Nothing cheers me up more than someone countering annoying rambling with fun INTELLIGENT smack talk. This is my first experience with sir yohan being a testiment to why I believe there should be a test before you can procreate. I think if I hear "Yuk Yuk" again I'm gonna try shutting my head in a car door.

from Bella wrote 4 years 12 weeks ago

A Matching jacket and pants Clay? Make mine that python evening gown with matching thigh high boots. Plus an elegant and dramatic cape and a hat too. And with a Conan the Barbarian Sized Snayke, there might be enough snake hide to outfit both of us. Do giant pythons come in black? Oh well, leather takes dye.
I passed my Iaido test. I am now ready for giant snakes. Sensei says so!

from yohan wrote 4 years 12 weeks ago

Well short crotch true to form your statements continue to be more of the same raving accusations baseless in fact. Plucked from what seems now the brain of an enraged woman,. convinced delusion ( yours/ hers)
does in fact,. constitute truth.
Must admit though you do have ,. something of a talent for a rather rare form of Bull S^!T YUK YUK
There fore thusly and accordingly,..
To Witt :
If your actually not a woman,.it must be a real B!tch being a woman trapped in a man midget body.

Still,. thank you again,..VERY MUCH
I will print you little ditty.
No refernce to what i assume to be the size of your actual ditty ( which must be very embarrasing for you ) yuk yuk and send it on.
Cant be too long before someone stumbles onto where a seedy little cracker beer-can poet holes up.

I just know you will love this one .bet it sounds familiar too

Few people over for steaks and football yesterday ,. one of em ( not the shrink) decribed you as "like one of his wifes dogs".
His wife was there and had to agree.
The dog? is a toy wiener dog yuk yuk.
(I was nearly rooling on the floor)
,.. barks at eveything acts like he's 80 pounds with 12 " schwartz,. and pisses him self every time someoe knocks on the door. Thats the best profile on you ever, even the shrink said yup ,. that fits pretty good.

Buuuuut ,.. as I said sensing your fear ( something I have become very good at ) in the way you slid the sentence in just at the last paragraph of previous post

( "by the way just so you know, the guy who let you down in the house of prostitution or a bar rook brawl was not me.") says it all.

Have always seen it,.. weasels like yourself and othesrs like you do somehow know when its time to be afraid.
Which means I actually belive your not the guy ,.
Because the guy im lookin for is too stupid to tell the truth to save his own hide.
Brilliant you aint but you do have that cunning ferral weasel like sence of when to get off.

By the way it was my father who was the gun smith ,.. and i was never a chemist . You must have dreamed that up lookin at the bottom of 40oz can of Big Cat malt liquor yuk yuk

So as I said ,.. boored with you now ,..
For the most part this is fun but I gotta ,make some coin ,.. so
I rattle your cage if I get boored doing something else

I do however definitly have da feelin dat sooer or later we gonna meet up. YUK YUK,..
Just hope your not some dried up sawed off liitle drunk who cant whip his way out of a brown papaer bag when we do.
That would take all the sport out of it . : )

SD_Whitetail_Hntr-
I have been assured by the I.S.O.T.E. that yo yo's chances of procreating are very small, due to him being a Sasquatch/Troll hybrid.

from Muleynut30.06 wrote 4 years 12 weeks ago

to all of those who think this is a good idea tell me how it goes for ya when one of them surprises you and before you know all the bones in your body are being crushed and your being swallowed whole. Ill read about ya in the newspapers have fun.

from Jere Smith wrote 4 years 12 weeks ago

Muley, the smart way to hunt them could be to stake out some HAWGS, shoot from a stand.

from Muleynut30.06 wrote 4 years 12 weeks ago

yeah till one of them is in your tree and catches you by surprise

from Muleynut30.06 wrote 4 years 12 weeks ago

yeah till one of them is in your tree and catches you by surprise

from jamesti wrote 4 years 12 weeks ago

muley, if they don't get hunted, they will be eating people including crawling in their stands.
can we sell tickets to have Bella wrestle a couple of these?
Python...The other white meat!

from bamaoutdoorsman93 wrote 4 years 12 weeks ago

Id love to go. Get a few southern friends in a boat and have a red-neck hunting party! Get a 12 ga and a chainsaw and have at em!

from jartrip wrote 4 years 12 weeks ago

Anything big enough to kill and eat a crocodile may be a little bit more than I care to hunt with a bow. Hope Florida plans on allowing the use of firearms!

from dbudde wrote 4 years 12 weeks ago

I would not "PAY" to hunt them. Florida should ALLOW people to shoot them!! Gun, bow, crossbow, Buck knife - who cares. I have to say, eating large constrictors again would definately bring back found memories of the Jungle!!

from QDMGuy wrote 4 years 12 weeks ago

I'd be game! There should be few regulations on invasive exotics like these! Georgia has their "unlucky 7", add these to Florida's list!

from weemsjm wrote 4 years 11 weeks ago

Bad idea to make it hunting. Needs to be killing and the state should pay for it.
If you make it a trophy hunt then peaple will pass on small snake. We need to kill them all not incourage managing them to get bigger snake.

from wingshooter54 wrote 4 years 11 weeks ago

Personally, I think they should trap and relocate these snakes. New York's Central Park sounds like a nice location.

from Gunslinger wrote 4 years 11 weeks ago

I hate snakes of any type,pay me and I will come down toFl and kill allI can see.

from quinnm107 wrote 4 years 11 weeks ago

Sounds fun, but gotta watch "Anaconda" first; learn what mistakes not to make.

from bvlpxm wrote 4 years 11 weeks ago

Now let's see, which one of my favorite "snakes" would I carry to encounter the beasts? Anaconda, King Cobra, or Python? love those Colts

from jtboles wrote 4 years 11 weeks ago

I would be all for a snake hunt especially if they are possibly killing populations of huntable animals or if they have any form of threat against children. If they become too much of an issue the state should declare open season on them and let all of the hunters have the season to perform a management on the trouble animals.

from jwallen wrote 4 years 8 weeks ago

I will post a picture of a 12 footer we caught in Namibia last year. These snakes could live just fine in Arizona also. The dry climate would not bother them. This one was living in a warthog burrow after he ate some of the piglets.

from jasonmarinvet wrote 4 years 3 weeks ago

I am all for it, but only it is not for sport shooting or trophy hunting only. I say all the meat that is harvested that is not taken home by hunters should be used at local food banks and homeless shelters. And the hides should be either sold back to the local economy or taken back by the hunters.

from Hersheysnake wrote 2 years 20 weeks ago

Really! A high percentage of the comments posted here are by people not educated about snakes.
For example: see the movie Anaconda to see what mistakes not to make when hunting them. Get Real!
Come on, it's a movie for cryin' out loud!
Do you also believe in vampires, monsters, ect...??
Also: soon they will be eating humans.
No way! NO Burmese Python or African Rock Python or ANY other invasive snakes are capable of eating humans.
There have been only a hand full of documented cases in the countries that these snakes originate from of attacks on humans. Plenty of hoaxes though!
I guess uneducated people will believe such bull and movies like Anaconda, Snakes on a Plane, ect...! Fiction!
Do a little research and learn before posting such unfounded opinions.
I know they don't belong here and I'm not asking you to suddenly start liking snakes, just know the facts.
Recent studies prove without a doubt that these snakes cannot survive the cold weather north of south Florida.
Many die in the everglades during the winter and it only goes as low as the 40's at the very coldest.
How can any intelligent person possibly think that they could survive farther north and out of the state of Florida where temps. drop well below that and below zero in many cases.
It's impossible, they cannot survive temps. that low.
Lastly, the majority of the large snakes are in the Everglades National Park.
It's a National Park, you can't have idiots running around with guns shooting in a National Park!!
Anyway, to all of you gun crazy macho men who shriek at the sight of a grass snake: BOO!

from Mike Connell wrote 2 years 14 weeks ago

Chicken tastes like snake.

from Armchair Mike wrote 4 years 12 weeks ago

Where are Justin and Tony Lama on this issue?

THE TROLL
By crm3006 (The Poet Lariat)

Part II

An illicit union on a dark, moonless night,
did produce on the Gun Nut blog, this blight.
A mating of sasquatch and troll did occur,
producing old yo yo, but we could defer,
the most of our judgments about this pup,
if all of his nonsense did not make us throw up.
Now yo yo's skull was so thick and dense,
that all of yo's blather made no sense.
Yet, undeterred, he kept up his posting,
misspelling all of his lies and his boasting.
A boxer yo did claim to be,
but someone had really rattled his tree.
A stockbroker, gunsmith, engineer,
ballistic expert, never fear,
a chemist, blade smith, Indian chief,
yo yo's professions went beyond belief.
A psychiatrist he claimed he had known,
but if truth were told, it was probably his own.
Yo's head was as hard as a wall made of brick,
nary an original thought there did stick.
'Cause yo's brain was shrunken inside of his skull,
his rhetoric stale, and passé, and dull.
Now yo yo had a thorn in his side,
a good Texas man that yo could not abide.
This Texas lad knew crap when he read it,
and none of yo's postings could he credit.
"What varmint is this that has come amongst us?
It surely must be a Trollus Nonutus*."
An internet troll of an odious type,
who's postings are stupid, and all full of hype.
"This troll must out of his mind, I'm thinking,
or Hoppe's #9 and glue must be drinking."
Yo's wit was dulled by his outlook on life,
yet the brain of this Texan was keen as a knife.
In vain did yo yo threaten and bluster,
the man from Texas, yo never did fluster.
For in truth, old yo was a mental midget,
in fact, his I.Q. was a single digit.

from seadog wrote 4 years 12 weeks ago

from kolbster wrote 4 years 12 weeks ago

im with Clay, KILL EM ALL

from buckhunter wrote 4 years 12 weeks ago

I wonder if you can catch one on a fly rod?

from Judd McCullum wrote 4 years 12 weeks ago

from Sarge01 wrote 4 years 12 weeks ago

from IowaGuy wrote 4 years 12 weeks ago

from jersey pig wrote 4 years 12 weeks ago

i have two (2) questions:

who do i make the check out to?

from Sb Wacker wrote 4 years 12 weeks ago

Where there's a snake there's a steak. So yep if thur pryce is rhaight.
SBW

from dmayer4741 wrote 4 years 12 weeks ago

Depends...do they taste like chicken?

from BrigMarine wrote 4 years 12 weeks ago

I would hunt it!!!!

from MLH wrote 4 years 12 weeks ago

31" girth! That's, um ... substantial.

from eaglesTE wrote 4 years 12 weeks ago

from Jere Smith wrote 4 years 12 weeks ago

from 86Ram wrote 4 years 12 weeks ago

Don't think I'd eat em either. Give that meat to the gator farms

from fitch270 wrote 4 years 12 weeks ago

from shane wrote 4 years 12 weeks ago

The Taurus Judge has found its niche!

from hengst wrote 4 years 12 weeks ago

from rudyglove27 wrote 4 years 12 weeks ago

"If the price was right, would you travel to hunt such a super snake?"
I definitely go without a doubt and I bet it's a good hunt of a lifetime!!!

from Joel Panian wrote 4 years 12 weeks ago

Large, aggressive serpents? Let's get em!

from huntenthusiest wrote 4 years 12 weeks ago

Stupid, as usual, yo yo.

from Ruckweiler wrote 4 years 12 weeks ago

from dangerous game wrote 4 years 12 weeks ago

from Del in KS wrote 4 years 12 weeks ago

Del in KS-
173rd Abn Bde

from rabbitpolice88 wrote 4 years 12 weeks ago

from SD_Whitetail_Hntr wrote 4 years 12 weeks ago

from jamesti wrote 4 years 12 weeks ago

can we sell tickets to have Bella wrestle a couple of these?
Python...The other white meat!

from Clay Cooper wrote 4 years 12 weeks ago

LOCK N" LOAD BOYS!

from cdavis1887 wrote 4 years 12 weeks ago

that would be the hunt of a lifetime for me

from Clay Cooper wrote 4 years 12 weeks ago

I would acquire some hormone attractant and go to town with my M1A!

from Clay Cooper wrote 4 years 12 weeks ago

dmayer4741

from 86Ram wrote 4 years 12 weeks ago

from squirrelhurrler... wrote 4 years 12 weeks ago

no i hate snakes

from Beekeeper wrote 4 years 12 weeks ago

I need a nice pair of snakeskin boots again!

from Bella wrote 4 years 12 weeks ago

0h and I Knew Florida needed Giant Snakes!

from Clay Cooper wrote 4 years 12 weeks ago

I wounder how big of a mess my 338 Win Mag will make!

from crm3006 wrote 4 years 12 weeks ago

PS-Keep looking, but the last thing in the world you want to do is find me.

Have a nice day, yo.

from crm3006 wrote 4 years 12 weeks ago

Would a few verses of poetry calm you down some? I could compose, I suppose.

from bthomasb1 wrote 4 years 12 weeks ago

I would probally have to buy a bigger trailer to put the mount in

from hnestle wrote 4 years 12 weeks ago

I would hunt them if the price was right.

from Bella wrote 4 years 12 weeks ago

I passed my Iaido test. I am now ready for giant snakes. Sensei says so!

from yohan wrote 4 years 12 weeks ago

does in fact,. constitute truth.
There fore thusly and accordingly,..
To Witt :

Still,. thank you again,..VERY MUCH
I will print you little ditty.

I just know you will love this one .bet it sounds familiar too

His wife was there and had to agree.
The dog? is a toy wiener dog yuk yuk.
(I was nearly rooling on the floor)

Which means I actually belive your not the guy ,.

So as I said ,.. boored with you now ,..
For the most part this is fun but I gotta ,make some coin ,.. so
I rattle your cage if I get boored doing something else

That would take all the sport out of it . : )

SD_Whitetail_Hntr-

Hey Bella

Hey little ,man ,. thought that might squeeze you out of the sl!me

Merry Christmass
Big mistake there,. but as always with U pedictable
So ole 30-Oh maybe 4 1/2 " PP
Hows this for a sphincter slam
Dexter ?,. Marrietta ? RedbRanch ? ,.cant be too long now HUGH ?
.. YUK YUK

Clay
Once "in counry " was told if one gets hold of you,..
trouble is what you got.
Aparently they can get a loop or two around you in no time.

He and I would support total extermination of those big SOB's in the US.

yaaaaa f n hooo yuk yuk

something in the form of opinion based on imperical results .
IE some weekend drunk who dosent know when to shut up.

So,.. your booring now,. and in general a waste of time
And since I no longer have an "urgency" ,..
to find you (after which Jo Momma wouldn't know you)
I will just rattle yuor little PP cage if i get boored YUK YUK
or if im in town to see ya ~~.

Me thinks your shortnesss thou dost protest too much.

My buddy the shrink is here ,. liite Sunday Aftyernon football and steaks

Except yours which I assume to be pygmee,.yuk yjk

Well little man assuming your not the one Im looking for
as i said your off ther hook ,..
But just for the hell of it im gonna find you anyway.
Figuire Im pretty close now.

from Jere Smith wrote 4 years 12 weeks ago

from Muleynut30.06 wrote 4 years 12 weeks ago

yeah till one of them is in your tree and catches you by surprise

from dbudde wrote 4 years 12 weeks ago

from QDMGuy wrote 4 years 12 weeks ago

from weemsjm wrote 4 years 11 weeks ago

from Gunslinger wrote 4 years 11 weeks ago

from quinnm107 wrote 4 years 11 weeks ago

Sounds fun, but gotta watch "Anaconda" first; learn what mistakes not to make.

from bvlpxm wrote 4 years 11 weeks ago

from yohan wrote 4 years 12 weeks ago

I just HATE F666ing snakes !!!!!!!!!!!

IE:From the South East Asian conference ,.(circa 1969)
Three steps and your dead if one bites you .
Do not however expect to survive long (if I do) YUK YUK

People who turn stuff like that lose should be fined
no mater how dam big it is.
Have the notion many suicides would quickly ensue.
But many fewer snakes to deal with ,.
With or with out legs .

Not the mutt I refer to

from jtboles wrote 4 years 11 weeks ago

from jwallen wrote 4 years 8 weeks ago

from jasonmarinvet wrote 4 years 3 weeks ago

from Hersheysnake wrote 2 years 20 weeks ago

Come on, it's a movie for cryin' out loud!
Do you also believe in vampires, monsters, ect...??
Also: soon they will be eating humans.
Do a little research and learn before posting such unfounded opinions.
It's impossible, they cannot survive temps. that low.
Lastly, the majority of the large snakes are in the Everglades National Park.

from Mike Connell wrote 2 years 14 weeks ago

Chicken tastes like snake.