Video Series: "The Wild Life with Hank III"

Field Notes

August 09, 2010

Video Series: "The Wild Life with Hank III"

By Joe Cermele

Field & Stream teamed up with country rocker Hank Williams III and former NFL bad boy Kyle Turley not long ago to hang out and do a little hunting in Tennessee. To be exact, we rode the trails, shot on the range, and chased turkeys on the 600-acre private ranch of Hank's dad, country music legend Hank Williams, Jr. In this first of four episodes, find out why Hank and Kyle share a love of rebel music and the outdoors. Then tune in to future episodes to explore this sportman's paradise, see if Hank or Kyle is the better trap shot, and find out if Kyle can bag his first Tennessee gobbler.

from Beekeeper wrote 3 years 35 weeks ago

Looks like a good series. I guess one needs "attitude" and tatoos to be noteworthy today...

from Beekeeper wrote 3 years 35 weeks ago

Looks like Turley has done a bit of starving as a musician as well. That old boy used to be over 300 lbs as an offensive tackle. He's pretty much rail poor now. Wonder if he and Barry Bonds were using the same sports creme?

from santa wrote 3 years 35 weeks ago

Looks like the start of a "F&S family tradition" . Keep it up.

from blackdawgz wrote 3 years 35 weeks ago

Great Playground!

from DanCS wrote 3 years 35 weeks ago

Ive been a big fan of III's for years now, looks like a great piece guys.

from jakenbake wrote 3 years 35 weeks ago

If Turley shoots as well as he sings, methinks he's going home empty-handed.

-2 Good Comment? | | Report
from Walt Smith wrote 3 years 35 weeks ago

Wonder if hankIII is hank111 ??

-1 Good Comment? | | Report
from muskiemaster wrote 3 years 35 weeks ago

seems like a pretty good series, i only wish i had the land, time and money to become solely a trophy hunter. but hopefully it turns out to be as good as the hook shot series.

from kcozad wrote 3 years 35 weeks ago

hankIII is amazing. i"m pumped for this!!

from bj264 wrote 3 years 35 weeks ago

HANK III is the best!!!!!

from Hank111 wrote 3 years 35 weeks ago

Sorry to say Hank III, is not me. I am just an outfitter in Iowa trying to put hunters on some big whitetails.Have a few guys on the outdoor channel every year filming, but some of the best times I barely remember were Hank Jr. concerts during the 80s. Never missed one.Sorry for the confusion but to make up for it I would offer a free hunt to Hank or his dad if they ever want some good Iowa hunting on video, any time.Our muzzleloder and shotgun tags you can draw every year without a preferance point, a bow tag only every two or three years with pref. points.

from shannonday wrote 3 years 32 weeks ago

Love watching The Wild Life with Hank III...makes me want to pull out my camo and jump on my atv and take a ride to paris tennessee...I want to go turkey hunting with Shelton...He and Kyle played a damn good show in NOLA back in March...

from Beekeeper wrote 3 years 35 weeks ago

from blackdawgz wrote 3 years 35 weeks ago

Great Playground!

from Beekeeper wrote 3 years 35 weeks ago

from santa wrote 3 years 35 weeks ago

Looks like the start of a "F&S family tradition" . Keep it up.

from DanCS wrote 3 years 35 weeks ago

Ive been a big fan of III's for years now, looks like a great piece guys.

from muskiemaster wrote 3 years 35 weeks ago

from kcozad wrote 3 years 35 weeks ago

hankIII is amazing. i"m pumped for this!!

from bj264 wrote 3 years 35 weeks ago

HANK III is the best!!!!!

from Hank111 wrote 3 years 35 weeks ago

from shannonday wrote 3 years 32 weeks ago

from Walt Smith wrote 3 years 35 weeks ago

Wonder if hankIII is hank111 ??

-1 Good Comment? | | Report
from jakenbake wrote 3 years 35 weeks ago

If Turley shoots as well as he sings, methinks he's going home empty-handed.

-2 Good Comment? | | Report